CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Disabled Tasks Sync with Retriever Cloud

We need the ability to disable Task syncing in Retriever Cloud so that when we look at our calendars (especially on our phones) we do not see 15 tasks that could be as simple as emailing lead. This clutters calendar and gives a distorted view of appointments for the day.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a demo mode available when using RT account for quick instructions when creating workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc.

Have a demo mode available to activate in RT that gives pop-up quick instructions when setting up workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc. Kind of like that old Word talking paperclip but not as annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase character option for speak to more than 120

Increase character option for speak

Shorten pre populated invite message in speak to Reply "yes" to connect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export requests need to run in the background

Redtail recently improved the CRM so that linking unlinked accounts kicks off a job that emails you when the linkage is complete. This should be done for any kind of export that normally times out showing the pink unicorn - I.E. trying to export the "contacts permissioned" in one of our databases shows a list 440 pages long which times out every time I attempt to export it. The job should run in the background, email when complete and I should be able to pick it up from the "downloads" section of the CRM.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. multiple logins without notification

I would like to receive an alert if someone logs in from an alternative IP address using "one's ' credentials. This would be helpful to alert us of a potential credential breach. This is important because although I have two factor enrolled and no trusted computer set up, REDTAIL will periodically not require two factor to log in. I feel this is a serious security issue that needs to be addressed ASAP! While with notification ,we can't stop this problem, at least we know a problem may exist.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Password expiration notification

I agree with some of the others saying to lengthen the timeframe that a password needs to be changed, but I have a different idea as well...
    When a password is about to expire, maybe 7 days out, instead of when someone is trying to login and require an IMMEDIATE password change, say your password will expire in 7 days, and then give us the option to change the password at a later time so that we can get into the program and answer the question that somebody just called about, but now we have to try and figure out…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow database owner changes to user names

I need to be able to change who the database owner is within the CRM users list.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add global time zones

We have clients globally and the lack of time zones is really problematic in using the CRM fully.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto log off

When the system times out it reverts to a listing of client names. This is not good if there is a client in the office. We would prefer to revert back to the existing page that was there at the time out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Individual User Preferences to hide or show drop down options within database lists

In my capacity that I work in Redtail, I do not need to see every available drop down option. I want to be able to show or hide ones available.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show password option when typing it in during logging on

When typing in a password when logging on, it would be helpful to have an option to reveal what is typed. I have been locked out so many times, and it might be due to typing in the password wrong, but since I have to change my password so many times, and I cannot actually see what I am typing, this leads me to getting locked out a lot, and having to call in and get back in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have a preferences option to choose what I want to view when searching for contacts

I need the ability when I search for a contact to see the servicing advisor by default, so I do not have to click each time to see it. I have a list of a couple hundred clients that I need to find their servicing advisor, so being able to have site preferences for search results seems to make sense.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Admin Controls / Compliance and Supervision

Please redo the admin controls. The database admin should have more granular controls on other admins and they should not cross databases. Also there should be complainace/supervision users that get special viewing rights since we are in the Broker dealer world! It's amazing Redtail doesn't have this!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Meeting Reminder Alerts

Meeting Reminders - The system should allow the user to decide when Redtail shows a pop-up reminder before a meeting. The 30 minute default does not work in all cases. We should have a few options so we can change the alert time...5, 10, 30, 60, 90 minutes from a drop down that we select when we set up a meeting.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. dark mode

Dark Mode!

Having Dark Mode makes looking at the Computer Screen a lot easier on the eyes, especially since we use RedTail throughout the day. As Cell Phones, Email, and others have started to adopt this feature, I believe RedTail should give their users the option to do so.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Account Renewal reminders actual REMINDERS

Right now, I get reminders on my calendar for birthdays, client reviews and anniversaries. I can also customize how many days in advance or past due for birthdays, reviews and anniversaries.. but I can't for account renewals?? Please make it so that the account renewal reminder is actually a reminder that reminds people!! Truly don't understand why this was not implemented in the beginning??

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Personal Identifying Information Permissions

There needs to be a type of access or permission for basic office staff that needs to see contacts to schedule appointments, etc. but there is NO need for them to be able to see the clients personal identifying information such as DOB and Social Security numbers. (Ex: receptionist who only needs access to the client to make appointments on the calendar)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Two Factor Authentication (Without SMS)

Two Factor Authentication has already been added however, SMS verification is the bare minimum security for Two Factor Authentication. The technology is susceptible to SIM Swap attacks. It doesn’t take much for a hacker to perform a SIM Swap. If they have access to one other personal piece of information like your social security number they can call your carrier and move your number to a new SIM card.

Secondly, hackers can intercept SMS messages. It all comes back to the now-dated Signaling System No. 7 (SS7) phone routing system. The methodology was designed back in 1975 but is still…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More control over password requirements and longer/complex passwords allowed

We are having HUGE issues with the 90 day password change requirement AND the short 16 characters allowed.

TheNational Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) changed their guidelines in 2017 to say that more frequent password changes do not help, but longer passwords do. LastPass, Dashlane, etc. all state the same.

RedTail has some of our clients most private information, but the restriction of 90 days and 16 characters is ridiculous. Change it to 40 characters and 180 or 365 days.

This situation will only get worse - not better - as we move forward and simply staying at the…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mask PII (SSN, DOB, account numbers) from certain users

We would love to utilize virtual assistant services to handle some of our administrative work. However, we need to make sure they NEVER see any personal ID information (SSN, DOB, Account Numbers). Can you please add a restircted user security level that accomplishes this?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base