CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quicklist User Specific

We should have the ability to make quicklists only show up for ourselves. I don't want to see everyone else's quicklists, which pertain to their clients. I only want to see the quicklists relating to my contacts and clients. The list gets too long and it's annoying to find the quicklist that I want when I have to sort through everyone else's lists also.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort Tag Groups by headers

I would love to be able to sort by "Date Created" for my tag groups. Or sort by any of the other headers

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recents, QuickLists, Tag Groups dropdown

I initially loved the new feature of having the Recents, QuickLists, and Tag Groups automatically dropdown and display without the additional click. However, I have found this to be more of an inconvenience that you must click out of the area to make the dropdown go away, even if you accidentally moved your cursor over the icon. When in a contact record, it covers the contact information, phone number, email, address, ect.. Please fix this to disappear once you move your cursor away from the area.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advanced Search Contact Status Operand - Please add "Contains" it will make searching SOO much easier

Advanced Search Contact Status Operand - Please add "Contains" it will make searching SOO much easier. For example I want to search for Clients, we have several client - type this would make it much easier.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The "begins with" feature of the database search does not work.

The "begins with" feature of the database search does not work. For ex: I have several Client Status' that begin with "Client", such as, Client, Client-Spouse, Client-Child, etc. When I request Status begins with Client, Redtail only returns "Client" and not the other categories that begin with Client.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. tag groups

ADDING/REMOVING Tag Groups:

When in a client's contact we have the option to view the tag groups the client is associated with. The "add" button in the top right section of the tag group portion only works to "add" tag groups. However, it appears that we can remove tag groups by deselecting from the tag groups from the dropdown menu. This is deceiving; we should be able to add AND remove from the dropdown menu of tag groups by selecting and unselecting groups, then saving.

We realize we can remove a client from the tag group by using the arrow…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. search partial name

Be able to search by partial name. For example Robert Smith, should come up by searching Rob Smith or r smith or ro sm

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Family name on Contacts A-Z page

Have the "Family Name" appear below the client contact name on the Contacts A-Z screen. You currently can see the client's employer name on that screen directly under the contact record name. It would be nice to see the "family name" associated with that contact so you can see all the "John and Mary Smith's" in that family from that screen.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have the same alphabetical search feature for quicklists like it has for all contacts

Within a quicklist there's no easy way to quickly navigate to the "Z" people and switch back to another alphabet for marking for bulk actions purposes. Scrolling when you have hundreds of a contact in a list is tiresome. The advance search is intimidating for our elderly employees. The alphabetical sorting system in the "Contact A-Z" tab will work perfectly. Can we please have this feature for quicklist too?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add feature to search by "preferred contact method"

Please add a feature to be able to search by preferred contact method as this will be helpful when sending out letters to clients.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "in the list" to search Operand and free text field for "Begins With"

The search operands should include "In the list." For example, if I want to search all clients who have a certain type of account within a certain age group, within a tri-state area, I must enter so many lines of search parameters and repeat it for each state. I should be able to search State using the operand "Is in the list" and enter MA,RI,NH or MD,DC,VA and it will pull clients from any of those states.

In addition, we have our Clients labeled differently depending on category Client-Gold, Client-Silver, Client-Platinum, etc. We would like to be able to search…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When you are doing an advanced search function, the system should pull both contacts created if the shared

When you are doing an advanced search function, the system should pull both contacts by state even if the address is shared and linked from the master contact. For instance, when I search for contacts in a specific state, the results only show me a master contact (husband) instead of the husband and spouse. This nuance is only applied when you create two spousal contacts on the same "add contact/individual" screen when originally inputting into the system. When you search contact by state, you should be able to see all contacts in state, not just the master contact created with…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. global search

Global search needed. Your competitors offer it and it does not affect performance. We should be able to toggle from Contact to Global so it doesn't use massive resources all the time.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Quicklists-"BEGINS WITH" sort feature does NOT work.

When you I request the database to return a field that "Begins With" it doesn't currently work.

ie: Contact - Status - Begins With - "Client" - will ONLY bring up "Client" and not the additional statuses we have set up such as: "Client-Spouse", "Client-CB Family/Friend", nor "Client-Child of Client".
    This is a very basic database feature and it was functioning in the previous version of Redtail. Please fix this! :)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. search important information

Make important information able to be searched. The report is ok, but we want to search for specific details that are put in the important information and it would be great if we could do this under advanced search.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. First Review Date QuickList

Create QuickList fields to be run on “Know Your Client” > “First Review Date.”

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A folder option of quicklists

I am creating many different quicklists, and it would be very handy to be able to group them into folders.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mail Merge

In Leapfrog, when I would create a mail merge document it would create the document and then the mail merge window would close, which makes sense. In Tailwag, I create a mail merge document and then the mail merge window doesn't close. I have to go back and close each window that the mail merge option brings up. I don't understand why it doesn't just disappear like it did in Leapfrog. Seems like the system engineers forgot to code that step.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. client search improvements

Search client by contact information
    mber(s), current address, old address, business name, POA, Beneficiary's Names)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base