CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. keyword search

I saw that the dropdown of keywords in Advanced Searches was added per another user's request. I think this is great and helpful, but it has limited some other features that I used to use a lot.

I do miss when we used to be able to type in partial Keywords for searches. We use keywords very heavily and have prefixes that we use to categorize them. If I had the ability again to run searches for Contact Keyword - Keyword - Does Not Contain - RS, for example, I could quickly identify our clients who are not currently set…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Report for Contact Information Changed Since . . .

To be able to identify contacts whose address, phone, email, etc has changed in the last xx period

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow "suffix" to be a contact search field

Seriously? I don't know why we have to post these ideas after the techs tell us it can't be done. Every field in a client name should be searchable--and suffix is not. Add it to the list of fields, please. Every single "Sr." and "Jr." is screwed up and I want to fix them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have the "Result Options" panel move down the page when you are scrolling through the list of contacts.

Have the Result Options panel move down the page as you move down the contacts, so that when you select contact(s) you do not have to scroll all the way to the top of the page to select the Result Options that is needed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. send to search workflow tasks to do today

I would like to send my "Workflow tasks to do today" list to be sent to Search.

The benefit would be two fold:
    1. I have tags and keywords that I want to filter my list by. (In this particular instance I have clients in different time zones and I don't want to call to early but I don't want to start my day at 11 EST.)

1. I can click through the list using the blue buttons that appear on the contact page. If I sort my clients by time zone then I can just click through the contact pages…
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When searching last name (which is also a town in VT) it pops up all people who live in that town

When searching last name (which is also a town in VT) it pops up all people who live in that town. Makes the search that much more difficult since the first name can have many different ways of spelling.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. List usage

Allow us to run a report to see every list in the database in one spot and how much each list item is used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Easier Access for Quicklists

It would be helpful if quicklists were quicker to access. Currently it takes 3-4 clicks to navigate to the quicklist. Having the choice to default to a particular list would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tag Groups viewable to the creator of the group only

The Tag Group should only be seen by the creator of the group. I have 80 users and they have to look through 2,000 groups to find the group they are looking for.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to set filters on default search results

I would love to be able to set filters for my "Search Contacts" so that when I search from the box at the top of the screen, I would see only a specific status (i.e. Client). I would appreciate not having to wade through Closed Clients, Children of Clients, Cold Leads, etc., with the same name every time I search for a client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Go To Workflows

It would be handy to have a shortcut on the contact search screen after running a search to take you directly to a client's workflow screen. I see that most other sections of a contacts record are there, just not workflows. Probably an easy addition! :) Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow us to make rules that flow into dashboards

I want to be ablw to say that contacts with these few category types are all considered clients for the purpose of a contact dashboard.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Transactions to Quick Add

Please add a Transactions link to Quick Add on the top toolbar. It needs to have the option to add client. This will allow users to receive and log deposits to clients' accounts without having to go into the contact record, then to transactions, then to add. Thanks for considering

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. create a quicklist by activity type

it would be nice to create a quicklist and screen by activity type, so it is not required to create a new custom export everytime I would like to view a screen by activity type

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Advanced search-I would like the ability to sort by date created vs always alphabetical order

Advanced search-I would like the ability to sort by date created vs always alphabetical order

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lookup

Where Contact Lookup is initiated should be ID:STATUS -- Contains? & Starts with?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add operands "One Of" and "Not One Of"

In other databases I have used there is an operator called "One Of" which allows the user to select more than one criterion instead of building a report to add more lines. As is now, an advanced search might look like:
    Type = Contact, Field = Status, Operand = Equal to, Value = Client
    OR
    Type = Contact, Field = Status, Operand = Equal to, Value = Prospect
    OR
    Type = Contact, Field = Status, Operand = Equal to, Value = Inactive Newsletter
    OR...

And so on, adding additional lines until you've finally included all of the Values needed. The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Individual contacts that are associated with a union contact should be available for quicklist searching

The classic example that's used for organizing teachers as indiviudual contacts which are associated with their school buildings (as business contacts) which are each affiliated with the school district (union concact) is fantastic, save for one key feature: there's no functionality within the quicklist search that allows us to view all individual contacts (teachers) within a union contact (school district) so that we can easily pump out a mass email or letter to all within the district. Because we can search by individuals associated with an employer, the current workaround is to run a quicklist search for all contacts associated…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hierarchical aggregation of account types

I would like Redtail to adopt a hierarchical methodology to aggregate activity types. This feature would be similar to how Quickbooks rolls up sub accounts into a main account. I am an IAR and thus the list of 43 account types has little use for me as I don't sell any of those products. We could then group them as products and not have to scroll through them every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base