CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cancel and No show Appointments

When a client cancels and no show appointment or does not show up it would be nice to have the availability ability to "cancel" & "No show" appointment not just deleting the appointment.

We need to be able to track the people who cancel and do not show up for appointment.

613 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set workflow due date a specific day of the week before

For example, I would like to say that a task is due the Friday before the target date

402 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export requests need to run in the background

Redtail recently improved the CRM so that linking unlinked accounts kicks off a job that emails you when the linkage is complete. This should be done for any kind of export that normally times out showing the pink unicorn - I.E. trying to export the "contacts permissioned" in one of our databases shows a list 440 pages long which times out every time I attempt to export it. The job should run in the background, email when complete and I should be able to pick it up from the "downloads" section of the CRM.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Workflow Complete Triggers Additional Workflow

Completion of one workflow should be able to be a trigger event to another workflow. This would allow an automated bridge to connect related workflows.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add global time zones

We have clients globally and the lack of time zones is really problematic in using the CRM fully.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add activities to left menu bar

Separate appointments (or events) from activities. Task activities don't belong on the calendar and take up too much space at the top of the calendar. A separate activities section that lists lists all tasks like Outlook is desperately needed.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Workflow in main Notes Realtime NOT once Workflow is done

It would be extremely helpful to have the Workflow notes appear in the main contact notes, on real time, once each task is complete. Therefore all notes for the client are consolidated in one place not separate areas. Currently, as is is NOT efficient! Even with the workflow summary notes you only have them once the workflow is done not while its going

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. prioritize workflow

Be able to prioritize workflows instead of just going by due dates. If we have 10 workflows due this week, we want to make sure we get high priority ones done first even if there are low priority due dates.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. being able to customize the client profile page. Adding or deleting items that are relevant to our clients

Would like to be able to customize the client's profile sheet to our office. We like to do a quick look at the profile to see what we have in the file or what we need in the file.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Client Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. All Inclusive To Do List, both Workflows and Activities on Today page.

Please create a uniform task/activitiy to do list composed of both activities and workflow steps for that day that can be sorted by priority or importance.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Online Event RSVP Registration

It would be SUPER helpful if there could somehow be a page that we could send our seminar invitees to in order for them to electronically register for the event. Then they could go to the link and pick the date of the event they will be attending (if there are more than one to choose from), put in first and last names of all who will be attending, relationship of guests to themselves, total number of guests attending, and any special requests they may have.

If Invitees could just register within Redtail then that would allow us to take…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Seminar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filter client reviews and birthdays by user

Client reviews and birthdays are currently showing up for EVERYONE in the calendar, even if only "Me" is selected in the user filters. It becomes really cumbersome to try and weed through all the reminders and reviews in the calendar when you're looking at 12+ advisors' review dates. It would be really great to be able to filter these reminders out by user so servicing advisors only see reviews and birthdays assigned to their clients. Our workaround for this is for every advisor to create an activity to reminded themselves of an upcoming review, but doing this is an extra…

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Link Multiple Contacts at once in Imaging

Imaging allows multiple contacts to be linked to a folder. But each one has to be added individually. We should be able to link a husband and wife to their household folder without having to save the first person and locate the folder again from the home screen.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When adding a note, Redtail users that have access to more than one database should have the option to copy the note to the other databases

Members of our team support multiple advisors that share clients but have different Redtail databases (support staff has access to both databases). When adding a note to a contact's page, we would like to have the option to duplicate that note to the other databases that we have access to. There should be something like a check box to select "copy note to another database" so that we do not have to copy and past the note.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. RMD Reports

Would be nice if the reports section actually filtered. It suggests that it can, but once I click the options I want, and then apply, it is no different.
    I clicked Reports on the side, then Contact Reports, then Contacts by RMD. I then click the Filter button and make my selections. I then clicked apply. Nothing was applied. I only want ACTIVE clients not EVERY contact.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to correct a workflow outcome

I think it is very odd that I am unable to correct the outcome of a workflow.
    It really seems to make the workflows unusable. It is so easy to accidentally choose the wrong outcome, and it is also not uncommon for the situation to change, and the outcome needs to be corrected. I am surprised that Redtail does not want their workflows to be more user friendly.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Anniversary duplication

When you create a family and the husband/wife syncs together, you should also sync the anniversary dates. Currently, you have to input the anniversary in both contacts. It would save time to only input it on the head of household and then it syncs if you have created the family and put married.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Family  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Extended Activities Filter Dates for 12 months

When looking at the activities for a contact under their profile, there should be some sort of "12 months" time period. Many of our clients schedule one meeting a year and so their next meeting can only be seen when you make a custom dates range, which takes way too long to do.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please work on the Automation.

Either allow it to be customized or add many more triggering events.
    -Change in writing or servicing advisor to trigger a notification to that advisor.
    -Workflow completed should be able to trigger another workflow or notification.
    -A specific workflow outcome to trigger a new workflow

and so many others.....why not just open the automation to all the categories offered or created?

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)