CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to edit a note for 24 hours after creation

Allow notes to be edited w/in a short timeframe.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increased Limit on "Things to do Today"

Can we please increase the limit of the "things to do today" from 100 to unlimited or at least higher than 100 for those who have a lot of activities to accomplish in one day?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Today's Overview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Workflows - UNDO - this is NOT answered yet.

There is the option on Tasks to "complete" or "un-complete". This needs to be available for Steps as well as Tasks.
    The answer given previously was "make it an outcome", which doesn't suit the need, and is extremely labor intensive. We just want to be able to fix a mistake - you clicked it was done, but it isn't - open it back up.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Workflow in main Notes Realtime NOT once Workflow is done

It would be extremely helpful to have the Workflow notes appear in the main contact notes, on real time, once each task is complete. Therefore all notes for the client are consolidated in one place not separate areas. Currently, as is is NOT efficient! Even with the workflow summary notes you only have them once the workflow is done not while its going

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Individual User Preferences to hide or show drop down options within database lists

In my capacity that I work in Redtail, I do not need to see every available drop down option. I want to be able to show or hide ones available.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Personal Profile Form

We like the layout of the new Personal Profile Form/Confidential Personal Profile, however, the custom titles for Contact Information are not properly capitalizing.
    We utilize the custom fields as intended and have proper capitalization for client names, yet when we pull up the Personal Profile Form those titles are not formatted as we have them entered. We print these forms and have our clients review them to check for accuracy and not having their names properly capitalized looks unprofessional and poor on our part.
    Can the custom titles on the Profile Forms please match suit to what is entered in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Filter Activity Reports by Keyword

add the ability to filter to keyword on the Activities by contact report. (Use case: they use keywords for regions and want to be able to see actviity by region on the notes by contact and activities by contact reports). For advisors this would equate to seeing reviews for all fee-base vs. hourly clients

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Custom Export from Reports

I would like to be able to custom export from the accounts by contact report and other reports so I can get the information I want for the items in the report from the applied filters.

for example, in the current report, I cannot filter by or export the issue date

and if I use the search, then ALL accounts export and I do not want that- I only want accounts of a certain Type and status in the results.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. dark mode

Dark Mode!

Having Dark Mode makes looking at the Computer Screen a lot easier on the eyes, especially since we use RedTail throughout the day. As Cell Phones, Email, and others have started to adopt this feature, I believe RedTail should give their users the option to do so.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Workflow Task report should include option to show "last task completed" along with "next task due"

Workflow task report does not include enough information - please include the ability to have more output, including an option for what the last task completed was. This would help identify where hold ups may be in the templates that we have running.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Note & Information Box Formatting & Coding

I love the formatting options under Notes and Important Information. I love keeping things organized and clean. However, doing it with the buttoned options can be tedious and often doesn't yield the result I would like, so I often defer to 'source' (as I have knowledge of HTML & CSS) to make it easier on myself. Would there be a way to get the source code to line up and stay on separate lines such as (for example) <font color=red>text here</font> [NEXT LINE] <font color=blue>text here</font>? Right now I can code individual things on individual lines but when I save…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Annual Review Report

Can we get a comprehensive report to use for annual reviews? Outside of gathering information, a CRM should provide users of all experience levels a snapshot of the data that tells a quick story to address client questions and issues, train new staff, complete client reviews and quickly bring any successor advisor up to speed with the overall plan and purpose of service. You have most of the necessary content to accomplish this. If you could just neatly combine it all on the Confidential Personal Profile Report, you would have a very powerful tool.

Here are a few suggestions of…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. professional contacts report

I can now run a report based on professional contacts. However, when I send the results of that report to search (say, to send a broadcast email to all the CPAs of clients,) it sends the clients, not the professional contacts.
    Is there a way to pull a list of professional contacts, then send THAT to search?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Opportunities by Category

I would like to run the report by name or if you could add a category column so we can categorize the opportunity by say aum, insurance, etc etc. and then you can run the report by category and by stage and get a really good idea of what type of business opportunity it is and where in the pipeline it is. That would add value to getting business done efficiently.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to run a report with Client Review date AND list of Activities

Would like to see all tasks/activities for a client, including the review date (next one at least)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Blotter Report Function

We need a quick, easy way of being able to run a report on a reglar basis with start and end dates specified at the time of running report. Need an easy way of tagging uploaded documents specifically as Blotter Details in order to be able to run a report function to gather all required Blotter content - copies of the actual documents tagged to be printed for paper filing retention requirements as well as specific data to input so the report can be exported to an Excel document with necessary details shown in a matter of clicks.

Various Blotter…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a true Campaign ROI tool

Create a tool or report for calculating true campaign ROI by activity type as well as number of touch points taken by advisor or client before business is written;

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. membership automatic set up

It would be nice if some of the membership relationships could be set up automatically when the membership is intuitive. Maybe an option or check box that says, "would you like to automatically add this relationship to: bob brewer, jenny jones and michelle miller". Lets say steve brewer, bob , jenny and michelle are all brothers and sisters; kate brewer is steve's wife . I add mike brewer as steve's father. It would be nice if redtail could figure out that mike is also bob, jenny and michelle's father as well as kate's father-in-law. This issue gets compounded when you…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. account udf bulk add

I track RMDs for clients on an account level and a contact level and I have to manually add each account level UDF every January. This should be accomplished by a bulk add. And of course to do that it means that we will need an advanced search for the account level as well as contact level (So I can search for open IRAs and get open IRAs instead of closed IRAs and open something else) which is how the current advanced search works.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create summary report for emails and client activities

At my old firm we used a CRM that could easily run "reports" that spit out a PDF that had all of a client's activities, tasks, meetings, notes, emails, etc within the last year. It was VERY easy to simply skim through this report by category to prepare for meeting. For Redtail's emails, we have to go through each email (click in, read the content, click out, go to the next email) rather than having a report that generates all of the clients email correspondence in one PDF to scroll through. I think summary reports like this would be great.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base