CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default Permissions by User

It would be extremely useful to be able to set a default Permissions setting, by user, for all contacts, notes, activities, etc. What that default setting is can vary by user but could be assigned by either the user themselves, or the database owner. This would be a much better option (but not a requirement for those who don't want it) for keeping the clients and private information of different advisors and/or teams separate from each other while still allowing leadership access to a single database with all info.
    For example: User: John Smith could be set to have a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show password option when typing it in during logging on

When typing in a password when logging on, it would be helpful to have an option to reveal what is typed. I have been locked out so many times, and it might be due to typing in the password wrong, but since I have to change my password so many times, and I cannot actually see what I am typing, this leads me to getting locked out a lot, and having to call in and get back in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a preferences option to choose what I want to view when searching for contacts

I need the ability when I search for a contact to see the servicing advisor by default, so I do not have to click each time to see it. I have a list of a couple hundred clients that I need to find their servicing advisor, so being able to have site preferences for search results seems to make sense.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Admin Controls / Compliance and Supervision

Please redo the admin controls. The database admin should have more granular controls on other admins and they should not cross databases. Also there should be complainace/supervision users that get special viewing rights since we are in the Broker dealer world! It's amazing Redtail doesn't have this!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Meeting Reminder Alerts

Meeting Reminders - The system should allow the user to decide when Redtail shows a pop-up reminder before a meeting. The 30 minute default does not work in all cases. We should have a few options so we can change the alert time...5, 10, 30, 60, 90 minutes from a drop down that we select when we set up a meeting.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. dark mode

Dark Mode!

Having Dark Mode makes looking at the Computer Screen a lot easier on the eyes, especially since we use RedTail throughout the day. As Cell Phones, Email, and others have started to adopt this feature, I believe RedTail should give their users the option to do so.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Account Renewal reminders actual REMINDERS

Right now, I get reminders on my calendar for birthdays, client reviews and anniversaries. I can also customize how many days in advance or past due for birthdays, reviews and anniversaries.. but I can't for account renewals?? Please make it so that the account renewal reminder is actually a reminder that reminds people!! Truly don't understand why this was not implemented in the beginning??

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Personal Identifying Information Permissions

There needs to be a type of access or permission for basic office staff that needs to see contacts to schedule appointments, etc. but there is NO need for them to be able to see the clients personal identifying information such as DOB and Social Security numbers. (Ex: receptionist who only needs access to the client to make appointments on the calendar)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Two Factor Authentication (Without SMS)

Two Factor Authentication has already been added however, SMS verification is the bare minimum security for Two Factor Authentication. The technology is susceptible to SIM Swap attacks. It doesn’t take much for a hacker to perform a SIM Swap. If they have access to one other personal piece of information like your social security number they can call your carrier and move your number to a new SIM card.

Secondly, hackers can intercept SMS messages. It all comes back to the now-dated Signaling System No. 7 (SS7) phone routing system. The methodology was designed back in 1975 but is still…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More control over password requirements and longer/complex passwords allowed

We are having HUGE issues with the 90 day password change requirement AND the short 16 characters allowed.

TheNational Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) changed their guidelines in 2017 to say that more frequent password changes do not help, but longer passwords do. LastPass, Dashlane, etc. all state the same.

RedTail has some of our clients most private information, but the restriction of 90 days and 16 characters is ridiculous. Change it to 40 characters and 180 or 365 days.

This situation will only get worse - not better - as we move forward and simply staying at the…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mask PII (SSN, DOB, account numbers) from certain users

We would love to utilize virtual assistant services to handle some of our administrative work. However, we need to make sure they NEVER see any personal ID information (SSN, DOB, Account Numbers). Can you please add a restircted user security level that accomplishes this?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Password Renewal Process needs to carry over current password if saved so new password creation is faster.

The password management schema needs help. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Carry over existing password from primary login page to new password page. This would ease the password reset tremendously.

2. Revamp Password reset using Symantec VIP or some other 2 factor authentication that won't emphasize the primary password as the security control.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Admin compliance issue

Apparenly, any person designated as an admin can make any other user an admin, or remove admin from any other user. This is a conflict with our cybersecurity policy. This should be only available to a master admin or account owner. Since your platform only has two levels of security (something I have not seen on any other platform; they all have multiple levels), this is a potential security problem, as well as a non-compliance issue. This needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Filtering Reminders

Right now you can only view all reminders or view one specific type of reminder at a time. It would be great if people could filter out the type of reminders they don't want to look at but still be able to see all the other kinds. For example, they could set it to view all the reminders except Birthdays and Anniversaries, or to view Workflow, Client Review, and Account Renewal reminders but nothing else. And make the setting savable so you don't have to change settings every time you look at reminders.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deleting Tag Groups Should Be an Admin Function

The ability to delete a Tag Group should be an administrative function. Users currently have the ability to delete an entire tag group for our entire database.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In today's reminders under client reviews.

In today's reminders under client reviews. It continues to show prior appointments that have been completed. Don't mind if the reminder remains because the activity has not been completed but once it has been completed, I would like the reminder to drop off.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since we can edit our Home page (from the Preferences tab), it would make sense to have the "Redtail CRM" link on the upper left to point to

Since we can edit our Home page (from the Preferences tab), it would make sense to have the "Redtail CRM" link on the upper left to point to the same home page. That way, I can access it from any page within the CRM. (Ie. I set my CRM so my homepage is the activities tab, but each time I click the upper left, it goes back to the "Today" Page)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Document Views Default Setting

Allow in "Manage My Account" the ability to change default "Document Views" in CRM to "Redtail Imaging Documents" vs. "CRM Document Storage".

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to Remember a Favorite Reminders filter

Please consider enabling users to set the Reminders filter to their choice
    (Client reviews, Anniversaries,etc.) and have the filters save that choice after changing pages.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Directory of Users

Would be nice for larger offices especially multiple locations to be able to generate a directory of the Redtail users - so we can identify what location a team member works out of - direct contact info etc.

If we need to create a business profile for our company (that owns the database) it would be nice to have this function as well. be able to list an employee and specify they do not work out of our main office location, their role etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base