CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Genogram

CRM is the acronym for "Customer Relationship Management," but did anyone stop and think that neither Redtail, nor any other CRM, actually focuses on relationships? If you ask your staff what CRM means, they will say that they think the "R" means records and not relationships. In this day and age of tighter margins and higher competition, we all need deeper relationships with our clients. I think it would be very helpful, if we had a visual Genogram to replace the text-based "memberships" in Redtail. If you want to see what I mean, look at GenoPro.com for examples of their…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Status (and Category) columns to Membership (pdf) report

Add Status (and Category) columns to Membership (pdf) report so it is complete and same as Memberships tab. For instance, if a member is deceased this is not evident by the report.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sorting in Memberships

It would be nice if under Memberships, All Family are lumped together and then all other memberships are lumped together. This would be very helpful in making the report cleaner.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. membership automatic set up

It would be nice if some of the membership relationships could be set up automatically when the membership is intuitive. Maybe an option or check box that says, "would you like to automatically add this relationship to: bob brewer, jenny jones and michelle miller". Lets say steve brewer, bob , jenny and michelle are all brothers and sisters; kate brewer is steve's wife . I add mike brewer as steve's father. It would be nice if redtail could figure out that mike is also bob, jenny and michelle's father as well as kate's father-in-law. This issue gets compounded when you…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Family Membership

When I call two people sons of a married man, after i enter the 1st kid the system should ask me to clarify the relationship of the kid and the wife. On the second kid the system should ask my to clarify the relatinoship of the 2nd kid and the wife as well as the 1st kid and the 2nd kid. Otherwise

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include photos of members on membership report

Would be great to have photos on the membership report. If we're preparing for a meeting with an employer we could print off the membership report with names and photos to review ahead of time, which could greatly assist in rapport building.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to have an individual be a member of more than one family group.

We have multi-generational clients who are head of households as well as beneficiaries of their parent AND aunts/uncles.

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. memberships

Rename Memberships to Relationships. The definition of membership doesn't seem appropriate "the state of being a member, as of a society or club". Relationship is defined as "a connection, association, or involvement" which makes more sense. Many individuals new to Redtail get confuse by this.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Regarding the Employer information on the contact page; currently when I add the employer to the contact, the edit delete button does not sh

Memberships, Contacts & Employer: Regarding the Employer information on the contact (Individual) page; currently when I add the employer to the contact (Individual), then go to view it under the Employer Memberships, the edit delete button DOES NOT show up next to the Contact (Individual). If I DO NOT add the employer to the Contact (Individual), when I go to the Membership under the Employer, the Edit Delete button shows up, but I DO NOT see the Employer from the Contact (Individual) view. Can you please address this issue so we are able to view the employer information from the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In MEMBERSHIP entries...

Set up the linked fields in the same sequence as they are displayed. It is disorienting to see the end results in reverse order of their entries, and leads to many erroneous relationships.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 352 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When doing Memberships, it would be nice if you could click "same as" to the spouse.

If a couple is "married" and you go to add kids, grandchildren, etc, it would be nice if we could have an option to link to spouse.....(but then still be able to manipulate it on the spouse's side if need be)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Membership

Allow me to add a membership the way I would add a spouse under a family-if the contact doesn't already exist, allow me to create it from that drop down. Currently, if the contact does not exist, I need to leave the page, go create a contact and then add it to membership. There are SO many steps-please work to alleviate steps in all processes.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Job Title listed under Linked Contact Is in Membership

Under Membership, the Employer/Employee can we instead have the Linked Contact be their Job Title? This way my Wholesalers are listed as such under membership instead of just being an Employee.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Memberships - Titles, Phone #s and email

When viewing the memberships of businesses and our plan clients it would be helpful if we could see their title, phone number and email on the membership screen instead of having to click on each member....or maybe just a pop up box with the same info when you roll over the name. Thanks.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. show "membership notes' in one place like "family notes"

Can you add a checkbox to see the notes of all profiles linked as "membership" like the "family notes" checkbox does? We have clients that are business owners or trustees, so seeing all notes related to that business or trust entity would save a lot of time. Currently we have to click on each owner or trutee and then also the trust or business to see the notes.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)