CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create employment checkbox

Create a check box for employment status with options for full time, part time, unemployed, student, homemaker, etc. When a client retires we still like to keep their prior position and employer listed in the contact box for record-keeping purposes, but would like a way to indicate they are retired.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Job Title

Formatted like the old Redtail, Free Form, not a drop down box of misc existing titles. But still have it searchable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use the USPS API to verify mailing addresses

The USPS has a great API to verify addresses and format them to the USPS standard. It will even give the Zip+4 for the address. How about a button to check the address?

Info on the API can be found here: https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/address-information-api.htm

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow a check box for mailing address if it matches the legal address so we don't have to enter it twice

Currently we must enter a client's address twice (once for mailing and once for home address). This is a terrible redundancy. Why not have a check box if their mailing address IS their home address? This way, the mailing will be filled out and the Laser app integration will work (as they use mailing address to fill in forms).

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. FINRA History

Record All states REP is licensed - Securities and Insurance. Currently this area is NOT user friendly. You can only list states if rep is no longer licensed - you enter start and end dates, Thus inactive. That is not helpful. That is ridiculous. We should be able to list all Active States with ONLY start date. Then edit/add end date if rep is not longer licensed in that state. Please fix.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. expand contact card

expand contact card so that I can add fields that are meaningful to me, i.e. SSN, DOB, certain UDFs, etc. all in 1 quick view

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. License Type Database List

The license type database list is incomplete. While adding licenses for advisors, I was unable to add Series 1, Series 22, Series 31, and Series 53. I submitted a ticket to support technology but I was told that this feature is unavailable, and they suggested that I post it as a suggestion.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. run labels for people input under "Departments"

You create the main business address, then the other people under departments who have the same address, they receive correspondence from us, they can be picked for a label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Department Contacts should have option to make them Primary as well

When entering Departments for a Business Contact, you should have the option (with a check mark) to make that Department Contact the Primary Contact for the business as well. AND you should have the option at that point, whether to create a separate Individual Contact record for that person at that time as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When entering primary contact for a Business Contact...

You should be able to have the option to either choose an existing contact from drop down menu, or have the option to create a new contact record while entering Primary Contact info.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to Print the Contact Card

We bring up the contact card on the screen by clicking on the little icon of the contact card. I want to be able to print that to take it with me into a client meeting or when I am traveling to the client. If I am just looking at othat information while sitting at my desk, I don't need to click on the icon for contact card. The info is right on the screen. The reason for clicking on the icon is to isolate that information from the rest of the screen. That is usually when I am either…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. All number fields should accept commas

Some number fields allow commas and some do not. As most people copy and paste information, this would be helpful to fix.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Print Overview Screen

It would be great if we could have a "Print Screen" for the Overview Page exactly as it looks when you bring it up.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. household assets under management at a glance

It would be really useful to be able to see a Household's AUM on a contact's overview page. On the main contact page, we've got Next Review, Next Activity, Last Activity, Past Due, Active Workflows, and Port Balance. Right after Port Balance would be the perfect spot for HH AUM. It would save us all the extra clicking to get the number.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Compliance Field - Termination Reason

There should be another field for "Termination Reason" to go along with the "Client Termination Date". During most regulatory exams, the regulators will ask for a list of current clients, terminated clients, and the reason for termination. This would make our lives much easier to simply be able to export the reason for termination as another field.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. date tagged

When you tag a client in the Leapfrog version, it gives you the date tagged. I was told that Tailwag doesn't have that feature. Please consider adding this - it's very convenient for tracking purposes.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reearange the list on the left under "Contacts."

Would like to be able to rearrange the list (as a user preference) under "Contacts" on the left so that the things I use the most are at the top of the list instead of having to scroll down the list to find them each time.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Establishment Date (Trust/Business/Associations ect)

It would be very productive if we could have the establishment date field in the contact details section for entities. Usually on account paperwork the establishment date is required so having this information in the contact card just as it for birthdays would be very beneficial for entity clients.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 primary email addresses

We have couples, clients that want emails sent to both their email addresses. I would like to make 2 email addresses primary so that when o

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add an Income and Expense section just below the current Assets and Liabilites section.

Add an Income and Expense section that expands with the number of entries like the current Assets and Liabilities Section. It would also have a total for income and separate total for expenses. Advisors will love this surprise feature. I have eMoney, but I still use the Assets and Liabilities section in Redtail as a checklist and quick reminder.

Primary Income types would be Work, Investment Income, Business Income, Other income and Social Security. Optional Income types could be pension and rental income.

Primary Expense Types would be Home Expense, Living Expense, Loan Payments, Goal, Business Expense, and Other Expense.…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base