CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When entering a chenge of address, RT shld ask if the address shld be applied to other members of the household

If a contact is married or head of household and you are entering in a change of address, RedTail should automatically ask you if you would like this change of address applied to all members

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User Rights - Edit Contact Records

There needs to be several more user rights options. Add the ability for the database administrator to allow or disallow a user from editing a contact record. If you want to centralize the process in your office for who gets to edit records this is the way. There is currently a user right option to delete a record. Someone could still go into the record a compromise the data within the profile. Its the same as deleting it. We need this ability to turn on and off for specific database users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. User Rights - Create Contact Record

There needs to be several more user rights options. Add the ability for the database administrator to allow or disallow a user from creating a contact. There is currently one now for deleting a contact. If you want to centralize the process in your office for who gets to create contacts this is the way. We need this ability to turn on and off for specific database users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better contact networking

I would like to be able to manage family kind of like businesses. I want to be able to have a head of household and spouse as a contact but have listed beneficiaries (like children etc) without having to put them into the CRM as a contact or at least not have to see them in my contact. I would also like to link CPA's and lawyers to a family and be able to look up head of households (instead of all contacts under a family) link to a lawyer. Additionally I should be able to have notes cover all…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add a designated beneficiary area for beneficiary information.

Memberships isn't good enough. Adding beneficiaries to individual accounts is too time consuming. What I'm surprised Redtail doesn't offer is a designated area for beneficiary information (like a tab under Know Your Client). For our office, beneficiaries usually are the same across all accounts, minus a couple here and there. It would be nice if we had a specific region that would have the following:

Beneficiary Name
    Beneficiary Type (Primary, Contingent, etc)
    Relationship
    Date of Birth
    Social Security Number
    Percentage

As well as, a place to add accounts manually AND link accounts, not one or the other. It would be…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow grouping of client birthdays by representative, etc. to be saved.

Why can't we save our preferences for grouping client birthdays by serving or writing rep, etc.? And for that matter, I'd love it if you'd bring back the option from earlier versions that allowed us to add upcoming birthdays to the home page along with activities, etc. Thanks,
    H

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to update addresses for a business and linked employees together, not individually.

When updating an address for a business that has multiple employees linked by membership, it would be ideal for the linked employees (contacts) work address be updated to match their coinciding work place. If they are all linked together why should they not change. It is a waste of time to go through individually for each employee of that business and update their work addresses. Especially if you have over 50 employees linked to that particular business.
    Over all I think that the membership/linked contacts should be linked more clearly that just seeing them for a point of reference.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add more Primary Contacts

We use this tab at the bottom of the Contact record page to add info on their emergency contacts. We have had clients die and not known how to reach their next of kin. Sometimes they give us 2 or 3 people to try and reach.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If a new contact being entered is associated with business ALREADY in the system (i.e. works there), than allow prefill work tel/addy/etc.

Prefill work info or allow to use existing business contact info for entry of new contact individual if this individual is associated with a business contact during data entry.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the Personal Profile form could you add the "know your client" information/sections to the form?

The personal profile form is great, but we would like to see the "know your client" information or sections added to that form. We would like to utilize this form when clients come into the office, they could look over a printed off form and make any changes or updates to their profile.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. filter notes by user in contact

While in a contact's record, I'd like to have the ability to filter notes by user. We have a team that services each contact, so multiple people enter notes. I'd like an easier way to find notes I made for a particular client that doesn't require me to run a report.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Important Info area

Previously in Important Info we could color text so it would stick out. Further we did not have to seek out this pane as it was on the main contact view. Now with it not being visible and not having color, we may miss some important items. Any improvement/fix to this would be appreciated.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow customization of "Servicing Advisor" and "Writing Advisor" terms

We are a wealth management firm that is not an RIA. We do not have sub-advisors, nor do we use the terminology "writing advisor" (this confuses everyone).

It would be great to customize how we refer to the team members who are bringing in business and managing each client relationship. We might decide to call them "Relationship Manager" and "Sales Manager" for example.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Received  ·  4 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a monthly or annual income page

Create a similar page to the Assets/Liabilities page but to track income. For instance, I could add SS, Pension and Annuity income to one central place and see my client's annual or monthly income stream.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. synchronize wedding anniversary

Should only have to add wedding anniversary to either husband or wife record and see it synchronized without having to manually add it to both.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. putting Plan Type under contact details as an option. We could really use this!

Please add Plan Type under contact details. We really need this to be able to search for client's by plan type.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. enable company address and phone numbers to automatically populate employee address card

It would be nice to have a company's address and phone numbers automatically populate an employee's information card. Currently, when we enter 401(k) participants for a company we have to manually enter this information repeatedly... We can occasionally import this information but in many cases, this is not possible. It makes the set up process much longer and tedious and is frustrating when we know the employee (participant) is linked to the company (membership), yet we can not draw from the company contact data.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add a field in the phone section for best time to call.

You have the best number to call. Please add best time to call. Toggle AM/PM/Evening

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mailing Address same as Home Address option

It would be nice to have an option to check Same as Home Address instead of having to re-enter the same address and mark it as Mailing Address.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)