CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display Head of Household

Display who the Head of Household is on the contact record

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would like to see name of user under calendar person selected opposed to me

Me seems unprofessional and is not always super clear
    it would be more efficient to have the name

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. activity description notes saved when multiple people in the office are writing simultaneously

When multiple people in the office have the same activity opened and are updating the description/notes, please create a way for them to see the notes being typed so when one advisor saves, the other advisor doesn't override their notes when saving.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color code Appointments by Servicing Advisor

It would be great if administrators could opt-in to having the system color code appointment activities on the calendar by servicing advisor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Activities listed under Things to Do Today, show New next to any activity that is updated. I would like the option to turn this feature off.

Activities listed under Things to Do Today, show "New" next to any activity that is updated. I would like the option to turn this feature off.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search Bar Automatic (No Enter)

search bar, when you type in a name you have to hit enter. Just have it automatically bring them up and not have to hit enter at all. Hitting enter every time is frustrating!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow workflows to show up on "Today" Page without a due date

Allow workflow step and tasks to show up on the Today page without a due date. Some project or client onboarding may not have a due date and it would be nice to see all open workflows that do not have a due date.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. FMG Suite integration

In syncing contacts to FMGSuite, we need to see Quicklist Tags. Not just Tag Groups. Since Tag Groups are static, they are of limited usefulness for the purpose of identifying categories to send emails to. Since Quicklists are dynamic, I can count on the correct client records being in given Quicklists.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to only display emails on contact record in email reports

The user would like a way to only let users view certain emails
    possibly an option for only displaying emails that exist on a contact record

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Differentiate the primary phone number in the phone number report

When printing the Phone Number Report for a list of clients, it does not show which phone number is primary. Then I still have to go into every profile to see which number I should be calling. Maybe they could be bolded just like they are in the contact card.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort Seminars by Date of Seminar

Seminars are sorting by date added, not the date of the seminar when choosing a seminar from a contact.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Add Screen  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. custom reports

I would like to create a custom report using the same available choices as the export feature. Basically - let me pick the fields I want on the report and print it as a form.
    Present form options don't give me enough info and custom export doesn't give me the info in a meaningful way (I would have to export excel fields into a pdf).

David

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change is hard for many of us longer term advisors. The world changed for the better when WYSIWYG -- this was like moving from DOS to Windo

Change is hard for many of us longer term advisors. The world changed for the better when WYSIWYG -- this was like moving from DOS to Window. Yet, I'm now a RT user and what I see is hard to print. It's not often, but bringing an important email (and most anything in RT) is a process. Save the file, open the file and print. A print from the browser (mine anyway) gives a jumbled mess. Request to a print function to be able to quickly print what's on the screen. Specifically in this case, an email.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Contact Forward (For unusual spellings of names, etc.)

We have several people with unusual spellings. We can not put them in the Nickname as we use this for mailings. I would like to be able to create a contact that would open up the real contact. For instance, we have a contact with the name Daune (french spelling). It is pronounced Don. I have had to combine his contact as the person looking up his name assumed that he wasn't already in the system, since they could not find Don LastName and I am afraid it will happen again. You can't see notes or important information on every…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Client Tags

Report or Advanced search output custom export that includes a field for client tags

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show only "Open" accounts within "Accounts by Type"

This is in regards to “account by type” totals which can be viewed by clinking the “AUM” box within the “Today” page. From there, go to “account by type” box and change to list form vs the chart. At this time, these category totals both "open" and "closed" accounts. The request would be to only included "Open" accounts. If the user would like to see the total "accounts by type", using the filter and creating an excel spreadsheet would be an option. Currently, this excel option is the only option to use to find how many accounts are "open" in…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Today's Overview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Default Permissions by User

It would be extremely useful to be able to set a default Permissions setting, by user, for all contacts, notes, activities, etc. What that default setting is can vary by user but could be assigned by either the user themselves, or the database owner. This would be a much better option (but not a requirement for those who don't want it) for keeping the clients and private information of different advisors and/or teams separate from each other while still allowing leadership access to a single database with all info.
    For example: User: John Smith could be set to have a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add checkbox to this notification to stop further pop-ups: "This image cannot be directly pasted here. Please use the image tool provided."

This notification now shows up twice nearly every time I paste an email into RT. This equals more clicks every day. Please add a check-box to the notification pop-up to let me never see the notification again.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Strategic allocation model investment experience years should be ranges to choose from

You should be able to pick ranges, 0-5 years, 6-10 years, and 11+ years. With having to input a specific number that means every year you have to go back in and add a year to all of those numbers for each client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Know Your Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base