CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy and paste screen shots into notes

Copy and paste screen shots into notes. This used to be a feature and we need it back please!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar

Suggesting to add contact on the subject line (instead of clicking in appointment time box to view it).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Opportunities as an Automation Trigger Event

Adding Opportunities as an Automation Trigger Event would be helpful with developing and automating marketing campaigns as well as communication with support staff.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. private activities

Scheduling a private meeting on the Redtail calendar still shows the attendees. That’s not “private” and it is creating a liability for us when we need to have meetings with employees on HR issues. Private should be completely private and not show attendees or there should be a global setting where at the company level firms can choose to turn this feature on or if they would want attendees to show on private meetings.

Also, private activities should show as private in the timeline also without any details:

"Jane updated a private activity" or "Sam deleted a private activity"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It makes no sense, and it creates several problems, duplicating Notes, completed activities.

1. It serves no purpose to duplicate in Notes, Completed Activities.
    2. If you insist on doing it, then one problem is that the Notes will get sorted on the date the activity is completed, which records things out of sequence if you record the completion of the activity after you actually complete it. I have had to edit activities, which requires that I uncomplete the activity, then save and complete later. The note, then is out of sequence, now, in the notes section. Also, when the activities involves more than one contact, when you mark that it is complete,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It makes no sense, and it creates several problems, duplicating Notes, completed activities.

1. It serves no purpose to duplicate in Notes, Completed Activities.
    2. If you insist on doing it, then one problem is that the Notes will get sorted on the date the activity is completed, which records things out of sequence if you record the completion of the activity after you actually complete it. I have had to edit activities, which requires that I uncomplete the activity, then save and complete later. The note, then is out of sequence, now, in the notes section. Also, when the activities involves more than one contact, when you mark that it is complete,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Response on Seminar

I would like to have a wait list added to the Seminar Response. That way we can still add all contacts on the guest list but have the ability to wait list them and keep track all one one sheet. It will allow for better analytics.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Seminar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please give option to show all appointments in same view as the past due and 30 days screen

Can you add an option to show all future appointments and activities to the client screen instead of just Past Due and the Next 30 Days? We need to see further ahead than 30 days of what appointments or activities are coming. It is not efficient to have to run a report each time we want this information on a client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Switching Family Head

When switching a family head of household all contact information should remain on both profiles. Currently the information remains with the former head of household and we have to key in all the information to the new head of house hold.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Family  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. need a feature to search for our own notes within the client's contacts.

When I am in a client's account, I need to be able to search for my own notes under my name only. There are 5 of us at the office and we all write notes in each client's contacts.
    Please create a feature to just search for our individual notes. you can add it to Note Filters. They types in the Note filter doesn't help search for our individual notes. Thank you

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Joint Insured

For survivorship life insurance (single policy with two insured), the Account page in Redtail allows me to name a Contact in the "Insured 2" field, but the account will not show up for that contact. Survivorship policies can be owned by a Trust, so it is not accurate to name the two insureds as owners - can an account that has a second insured show up under that contact's accounts?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Workflow task should be a redtail activity that can link with other calendars on retriever cloud

Workflow task should become a redtail calendar activity that can link with other calendars on retriever cloud. OR. the workflow tasks themselves become linked with other online calendars on retriever cloud.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Export notes in chronicle order

I like to exports notes in chronicle order through out all page results

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AUTOMATED - At-A-Glance Client/Advisor Interaction

I wanted to bring to your attention the functionality that Advyzon just added to their system that is very helpful. We use Advyzon as our portfolio management software and client portal, but they also have a CRM system. The CRM is not as robust as Redtail but they are beginning to show some improvements that are very impressive.

The 2 main fields are Date Last Contacted and Date Last Client Action. Within each field are sub-fields (see below) where the system automatically updates each field based on both the client’s and the advisors interations. I could never think of this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. tax id

Rather than formatting all trust ids in the TIN format allow the ability to enter as an SSN as many trusts are formed using the client's SSN.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Printing the Calendar with multiple users selected

Looking for a more complete pdf calendar for printing. I select 7 users calendars to print, and when I select the action button to print the calendar (as shown on the main screen) it only shows 3 users calendars, along with a long column of all 7 users calendar along the right side. Before the tailwag update, we were able to use the print calendar option, and it would appear just as it does on the main calendar page. Can you bring this format back?? Currently we take a screen shot of the calendar to print and it uses a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Married to"

When in a contact where there are 2 people, under the name at the top left is “Married to” then the other contacts name.

Is it possible to change the “Married to”? Maybe just call it “Connected to” since their marital status is listed in the contact details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link Contact when Adding Pre-existing Contact to Seminar Guest List

When entering a guest in the guest list of a seminar, it currently is just text and does not link to anything. If a guest is currently in our system, it would be nice to have the option to link it to the contact so we can reference what seminars they've attended as a guest. It's nice to be able to add a guest on the list if their not in RT and it doesn't make a contact but it'd be even better if we could do both? If a guest is already a contact we can link it and…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show Attendee Status for Seminar in Contact

In the contact record under seminars it tells you WHAT seminar they signed up for but it doesn't tell you their "Status" (if they attended or not) It currently shows the status of the Seminar - Active or Prior however it should show the status of the attendee. The seminar status is not helpful data.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base