Integrations

Welcome to our official CRM feedback forum! Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Did you find a bug in our system? Did you receive an error that we should know about? Use the Categories to indicate what kind of post this is (Feature Request, Bug Report, something we need to Restore from the classic CRM interface)!

We want to hear from you! How can we improve our CRM software to better serve your business?

In this section, please let us know if any of our existing integrations with other services could use improvement.
If you don’t see that we integrate with another service, but you’d like to see us do so in the future, please let us know what that service is and what the benefits of establishing an integration with that service would mean for your business!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. yCharts Integration

With yCharts growing as quickly as it has been as an alternative to Morningstar Workstation, it would be nice to have it integrated with Redtail so that we can quickly run reports/analysis on client portfolios and/or research different investments in one place.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Investment Research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tamarac Reporting Integration

Integrate with Tamarac Reporting

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bulk Export to Morningstar

It would be great if we could export accounts from Redtail into Morningstar as a bulk. We like to export accounts on the first of the month to lock in end of month data and can sometimes have up to 200 clients to manage. It would be great if we could bulk export as a file and then upload to Morningstar.
    Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Morningstar Integration would be better if a custom benchmark could be selected

Morningstar Integration would be better if a custom benchmark could be selected. Currenly if you run a Morningstar snapshot it compares to S&P 500 not useful for all situations

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Morningstar - Sync More Fields

I work for a Weatlh Manangement division of an accounting firm. We have been using Morningstar Office for several years and just started using Redtail integration. It would be beneficial to have some additional fields feed from Redtail to Morningstar so that the data remains in sync. Servicing Advisor in Redtail should match what is listed as Owner/Advisor in Morningstar. In addition we have custom fields that we would like to sync, such as the tax accountant listed for each client. Maintaining these fields individually in each database is not very efficient and is prone to errors. Preferably we would…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Morningstar - Add Account Number to Reports

I like the feature that Redtail can generate Morningstar portfolio snapshot report for the individual portfolio level. But it doesn't list out the account number on the report, even though Retail does have the account # under contact's Accounts tab.

We usually generate Morningstar Snapshot report for each client's account (because we have different portfolios for different account type). It is hard to differentiate from report to report if there is no account # on the top, especially when the account values are so close to each other!

It would be greatly appreciated if Redtail can update your coding in…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Investment Research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Morningstar - Make Reports on Family

It would be helpful to be able to run a Portfolio Snapshot Report for all Family Accounts instead of just for one individual.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Investment Research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Morningstar - Adjust Benchmark

I love the idea that we can go to the Redtail CRM and pull up the Morningstar report. However when I do this it appears my benchmark is simply the S&P500. This is not a fair comparison when the portfolio consists of a mix of stocks and bonds. I can do this in my Morningsttar 2.0 system but it apparently does not sync with the system that you use? As a result, I will find limited use for the feature. Most of our clients have a mix of stocks and bonds making an asset allocation benchmark a better comparative tool

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. UltraTax

If you could find a way to integrate with UltraTax/Thompson Reuters systems it would be wonderful.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Morningstar - Add Account Fee to Reports

Need to input account fee into Morningstar reports generated via Redtail as in Morningstar workstation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Morningstar - Select Accounts for Report

It would be helpful to be able to select certain accounts for a snapshot, currently it is one or all, nothing in between.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Morningstar - Modify the Cover Page

When I go into our Morningstar Advisor Workstation directly, the Cover page of the Portfolio Snapshot reports are branded with our Broker/Dealer logo.

I would like to see the ability to modify the Cover page to include our logo, and brief Rep. detail field and 2 Disclaimer fields. I have a sample that I can email to you if you wish.

PS - I really like the feature. The editing as described above would make our Compliance Department happy! :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate Imaging with Morningstar Office

We run quarterly reports with Morningstar Office. When we need to save them to our client files in Imaging, we have to download the reports from Morningstar into a temporary folder on our system, and then upload each report manually into the client files. This process is timely and menial. It would help to be able to run the reports and have them save automatically to Redtail Imaging. Create a way for us to assign a Morningstar portfolio to a CRM Client and allow us to save directly to a designated imaging file.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Advisory World - Will not work unless ALL symbols are correct

When trying to run Advisory world if even one of the symbols is incorrect it errors out. I suggest seeing if we can have it run on the symbols that ARE valid rather than erroring out if one isn't.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base