Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. Setting preferences for each activity type length

Setting a preferred length of time for each activity type, ie appointments would be an hour & 15 mins, tasks 15 minutes, phone call 30 minutes, etc. so when setting those tasks it defaults to that amount of time automatically without having to adjust the times from where you clicked on the calendar.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. User Privileges & Rights

I would like to know if you would consider additional settings for different types of users. We used to have this on our ACT database. For example, we have the need to give someone access to add notes only and not be able to edit other data, delete data, nor be able to schedule or edit appointments. The more choices the better in terms of deciding a particular user's role within the CRM.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Assign Roles to Specific Teams | Advisor, Assoc. Advisor and (CSA) Client Service Associate of Team

Right we have the ability to change the Roles in bulk for clients, but being able to add a prefixed option for a team on who should be the Advisor, Associate Advisor or CSA would be so nice.

So when you add team permissions to a client it automatically adds in the preassigned roles to the users.

The ability to have multiple CSA's on a client would also be preferred, but not a necessity.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow beneficiaries to be listed on the personal profile form when printed for clients to review during a meeting

allow for beneficiaries to show up on the personal profile page when printed to allow the client to review all important information during a meeting

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide Default Categories (AGAIN)

While I realize this has been requested numerous times in the past, and has been rejected and had the conversations closed, I would like to reopen the discussions for hiding the default categories that Redtail creates for all users.

Many of us like specific naming formats or descriptions for categories, especially when reviewing reports, and it would be nice if we didn't have to scroll through "similar" descriptions when selecting things like Account Asset Type, Account Type, Activity Types, etc.

For example, I like to categorize equity funds as either International Developed or Emerging Markets (for Growth, Value, and Blend).…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Red is a distressing color, please allow alternative colors like blue.

I know this may seem trite, BUT stop using the color red/gray and/or allow other color alternatives to the template. I left your CRM because it's red and distracting and stressful to look at all day. As humans, we are conditioned that the color red is bad, or we should beware. It's stressful to look at red. Please allow us to customize the colors, it isn't that hard to code. Drab gray and red are terrible colors to look at all day. I only came back because I was forced to because of your integration options which connect with my…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need to able to restrict employees from disabling 2 factor

There should be a way to restrict people from enabling a device as a trusted device. By allowing this, one would bypass 2 factor. There is too much secure info in the CRM to allow this.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Join all team members into client's Speak room

We are a team of four and each of us would like to joint a client's Speak room to get notifications. Right now, whenever I add a client to Speak, I have to ensure each team member also goes in and joins the room once it is connected. Is there a way to automatically join all four of us at once?

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Super Admin

This request is more so for managing database users & teams, but could be related to several items that require security checks or DBO access. We could really use a Super Admin feature within the CRM. As we know, DBOs are not always so hands on with Redtail, so it would be beneficial if there was a role in between Admin and DBO that would allow users with super admin rights to make changes such as editing Optional User Rights. This would also help reduce calls/tickets for security checks because the super admin would have access directly via the system.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manage Database List

It would be nice if in the "Manage Database Lists" section if we had the ability to remove default category types and other defaulted information for cleaning up our CRM.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Password expiration notification

I agree with some of the others saying to lengthen the timeframe that a password needs to be changed, but I have a different idea as well...
    When a password is about to expire, maybe 7 days out, instead of when someone is trying to login and require an IMMEDIATE password change, say your password will expire in 7 days, and then give us the option to change the password at a later time so that we can get into the program and answer the question that somebody just called about, but now we have to try and figure out…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. User Restriction for Receptionist/Scheduler

It would be nice if I could restrict my receptionist (who needs access to the calendar to schedule appointments) to only have access to see the contact name and the calendar and not all the other sensitive info such as DOBs, Socials, Account numbers, etc.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to change username

I just got married and can't change my username to reflect my new name. I am able to change my last name where it appears in Redtail, but not your username.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. recently viewed

"Recently Viewed" icon on the upper right section , it would be very helpful of showing 50 or more recent added or viewed items rather than just 10.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the ability to add users to a team from the USER side vs team by team

When adding a user, it would be great if you could then select all the teams that the one user is a part of versus the current way of going into each team one by one and adding the same user.

It would also go along to say that from the user side you could easily see all the teams the user is a part of.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. morningstar

Within Morningstar we are able to customize the benchmark we show for reports. Within Redtail the S&P is the default benchmark. Would love a way to customize the Morningstar reports utilized/printed within Redtail. Thank you!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Password criteria should be shown when creating a new password

When a password expires you have to create a new password. The form has fields for old password, new password and new password confirmation. Nowhere on the screen does it show you the password requirements.

I use a password manager and the default password length used is 20 characters. I entered this and got a message stating the max length was 16. Ok, I changed the password length to 16 and regenerate a password. This was rejected for a new error message, a number or symbol was required.

Please put a static text box on this form that states the…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Two Factor Authentication - Remove option for "Remember This Device"

Force Two Factor Authentication each time a user logs in and don't let the user be the one that can turn this option on or off. All the major software suppliers now provide this option yet Redtail does not. This is a significant security flaw.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use RedTail Login for RedTail websites

Every time I visit this site (the feedback area) it's a deal to get logged in. RedTail credentials should be used to login.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. mail merge

Mail Merge - We use a quick list to pull up each month’s birthdays, then run a mail merge to print birthday letters for those clients.The letters print in alphabetical order right now, but the ability to print them in date order would be helpful.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base