CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to add users to a team from the USER side vs team by team

When adding a user, it would be great if you could then select all the teams that the one user is a part of versus the current way of going into each team one by one and adding the same user.

It would also go along to say that from the user side you could easily see all the teams the user is a part of.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. morningstar

Within Morningstar we are able to customize the benchmark we show for reports. Within Redtail the S&P is the default benchmark. Would love a way to customize the Morningstar reports utilized/printed within Redtail. Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View all Quicklists with a Count (#) Column

Show the number of results as a column when viewing the list of all Quicklists (just like the Tag Groups page).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. multiple logins without notification

I would like to receive an alert if someone logs in from an alternative IP address using "one's ' credentials. This would be helpful to alert us of a potential credential breach. This is important because although I have two factor enrolled and no trusted computer set up, REDTAIL will periodically not require two factor to log in. I feel this is a serious security issue that needs to be addressed ASAP! While with notification ,we can't stop this problem, at least we know a problem may exist.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Password expiration notification

I agree with some of the others saying to lengthen the timeframe that a password needs to be changed, but I have a different idea as well...
    When a password is about to expire, maybe 7 days out, instead of when someone is trying to login and require an IMMEDIATE password change, say your password will expire in 7 days, and then give us the option to change the password at a later time so that we can get into the program and answer the question that somebody just called about, but now we have to try and figure out…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MFA - allow user to set default method for multi-facto authentication

Allow the data base owner or user to set the default multifactor authentication method and require additional information to switch to a different method (this is more secure) and would take less time for users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to change username

I just got married and can't change my username to reflect my new name. I am able to change my last name where it appears in Redtail, but not your username.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a preference option to make the left menu collapsible

It would be nice to select whether or not the menu shows on the left.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. privacy

Right now the permission level hides or forbids people not in that team to see anything related to the client. I like to have a privacy where they can see the client and the contact information (basics) so what a CRM should be, but cannot see the financials or notes, etc...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Adding Members to Team During Setup

Currently, it is not intuitive to add members to a team. I think that the best user experience would be to allow team members to be added at the same time the new team is being created and in the same area where the team name/title is updated as opposed to a completely separate area.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Team email address

When creating teams, it would be nice to be able to add a team specific email address, so that anything assigned to this team would also be notified via this team-wide email address.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add All Reminders to Calendar

Birthdays
    Account Renewals
    Wedding Anniversaries

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Meeting Reminder Alerts

Meeting Reminders - The system should allow the user to decide when Redtail shows a pop-up reminder before a meeting. The 30 minute default does not work in all cases. We should have a few options so we can change the alert time...5, 10, 30, 60, 90 minutes from a drop down that we select when we set up a meeting.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. administrator access

We want to allow only one admin authorization to input contact info, but allow others to imput notes if necessary. There needs to be permissions for one person admin access to maintain the system. We have to many hands in the pot to properly maintain the information in the system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. list management hierarchy

When managing lists a user cannot organize the list other than alphabetical/numerical hierarchy. So instead of needing to place a "1" and "2" etc for each list entry, allow the user to pace the list item where they prefer in the hierarchy (i.e., create the list items, then allow us to drag and drop in the order we would like each list item to be).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add "Select All" option under Managing Database Users & Teams

When adding a person, it would be helpful to have a "Select All" option, especially in administrative instances where one person is being added to every team. (The same would be helpful in deleting a name.) Currently, this task is done one team at a time. Second suggestion regarding teams: your place is not saved once you add a person, so you have to scroll back down to find where you left. It would be helpful to be at the same point once you've added a name. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Logon Credit Card Expiration Notification

Logon Credit Card Expiration Notification
    Remind me in "x" days so the notification doesn't appear at every logon until the time that an updated credit card number is received.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Limited use in "Transactions"

Ideally, we would love to be able to Add fields under "Transactions" in Manage Lists. Currently, there are so few to choose from and this would be beneficial for our every day operations. Being able to add documents here as well would keep our documents organized and easier to find.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. lntergration log-in

have ability to automatically log in for several advisors from drop down box.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Password Renewal Process needs to carry over current password if saved so new password creation is faster.

The password management schema needs help. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Carry over existing password from primary login page to new password page. This would ease the password reset tremendously.

2. Revamp Password reset using Symantec VIP or some other 2 factor authentication that won't emphasize the primary password as the security control.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base