Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. A preference setting to set the default filter dates on opportunities

Every time I look at a contact's opportunities, I am met with the screen "No matching records found." The default filter dates for opportunities - especially now that it is a new year - is too short of a time window. Every morning, I have to reset the dates to two or three years back to view what is still out there. It can cause a way for some opportunities to be lost in the shuffle.

I suggest a preference setting in the preferences menu to set a particular time window as the default for when looking at a contact's…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Use RedTail Login for RedTail websites

Every time I visit this site (the feedback area) it's a deal to get logged in. RedTail credentials should be used to login.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. upload pdf into email signature

If we could take an image and upload it into our email signature (pdf, jpg) rather than needing a URL to do this.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need to be able to give users access to see "roles".

The "Roles" need to be seen by users, not just administrators. Please make it possible for users to see the "Roles" without being an admin. It makes no sense that a user (who is not an admin) cannot lookup who the "Associate Advisor" or "CSA" for a particular client is.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. change database owner

RedTail does not currently allow the database owner to be changed to a different userID. This prevents that userID from ever being able to be listed as a 'disabled' status. This is problematic if an employee/userID who should no longer be listed as database owner is linked as it cannot be transferred to the appropriate person or if the person who is listed as database owner is terminated.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adjust Filter Settings

When viewing a contact's opportunities, the filter is automatically set to the beginning of the year. For me (1-1-21). When I view a client it often appears that there are no opportunities available. I have to go in and manually adjust the filter to show more each time. I would like for there to be a way to adjust your filter settings so that the close date can show all available opportunities for each client automatically without having to change the filter each time.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. database backup notification

label database backup notification email with database name for those of us with multiple databases

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Individual User Preferences to hide or show drop down options within database lists

In my capacity that I work in Redtail, I do not need to see every available drop down option. I want to be able to show or hide ones available.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preferences - Only past due and next 30 day tasks appear on client record

Currently, on the client home page, Past Due and Next 30 tasks appear by default. Please make this a preference. We work with our clients on an every 4-6 week basis and when we come into the record would like to be able to see when our next interaction is scheduled for. If we could change (as a preference) this to Past Due and Next 60 days, it would make the information on this page much more useful for us. I understand that this is not something that everyone would like, so feel that adding it as a PREFERENCE would…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Activities Permissions - with AND without

we have run into many issues with this as we grow. with multiple advisors now we are working through implementation of privacy settings. Teams need to be disabled for cleanup and I cannot determine where we need to apply or update permissions across the universe so as not to have a multitude of activities that show as "private" and no user being able to update them because a team has been "disabled" While not asking RT to change/update ANY activities for permissions it would be imperative as admin to determine which activities are set to whom for privacy so we…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Adding Members to Team During Setup

Currently, it is not intuitive to add members to a team. I think that the best user experience would be to allow team members to be added at the same time the new team is being created and in the same area where the team name/title is updated as opposed to a completely separate area.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have a demo mode available when using RT account for quick instructions when creating workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc.

Have a demo mode available to activate in RT that gives pop-up quick instructions when setting up workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc. Kind of like that old Word talking paperclip but not as annoying.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. privacy

Right now the permission level hides or forbids people not in that team to see anything related to the client. I like to have a privacy where they can see the client and the contact information (basics) so what a CRM should be, but cannot see the financials or notes, etc...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 24-Hour Clock | Military Time Format

I would like to be able to set my Redtail time format to military time. For example, 13:00 for 1pm, 14:00 for 2pm, etc. This would carry through to notes, calendar events, etc. using the 24-hour format.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MFA - allow user to set default method for multi-facto authentication

Allow the data base owner or user to set the default multifactor authentication method and require additional information to switch to a different method (this is more secure) and would take less time for users.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Required Fields

I want the ability to make some fields required when adding a new contact. For example, I'd like my team to be forced to include a Family Name, Status, Category, and Servicing Advisor. With these fields not being required, they get missed and when they are missed, I can't use Redtail data to the best of my ability when running reports and analyzing data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Relocation of Important Information Icon

It would be helpful to relocate the Important Information Exclamation Icon. When information is entered in the Important Information text box, the icon turns red....this is great, except that the icon lives on the right side of the contact banner whereas the User's eye goes directly to the contact name. Because the icon alerts the user to information they should review when accessing the contact, it would be very helpful to relocate it on the left side of the banner to get immediate attention by the user. This suggestion is being made after many conversations with Users.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow more than one primary contact email to receive alerts and information from Redtail

Currently it is understood that there can be only one individual assigned to receive emails from Redtail. It would be very helpful if at least the data base owner and an admin assistance could assigned to receive the emails so that if one or the other is not available, issues could be addressed in a more timely manner and the information could be disseminated to other members in the office

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Password Manager

It would be nice to see a password manager built in redtail for shared passwords as well as employee passwords for our clients, customers, and vendors. We should be able to export and import. We would love to be able to store and update all in one location.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Default Permissions

When working with multiple teams, there should be a way to default all records associated with a contact to the permissions assigned to the contact. It is a manual and multi-step process to ensure all activities, notes, etc related to a contact are set to the same permissions as that of the contact. This should be accomplished either through automation and/or be able to be set by the admin to apply throughout the instance. By defaulting to a set team and then having to make a manual adjustment to assign to a different user, team or role makes a lot…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base