CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Individual User Preferences to hide or show drop down options within database lists

In my capacity that I work in Redtail, I do not need to see every available drop down option. I want to be able to show or hide ones available.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change Servicing/Writing Advisor -- Optional Rights For Database Users

The current set up allows the database owner to prevent users from changing the servicing advisor and writing advisor fields. However, it also prevents those users from completing those fields when they add a new contact. We would like everyone in our office to be able to input these fields initially (when they add a new contact), but not have the ability to change it once the contact record is created. We've had a producer be a bit sneaky here and there in past CRMS and switch contacts to their name, so we would like to avoid this issue altogether.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a demo mode available when using RT account for quick instructions when creating workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc.

Have a demo mode available to activate in RT that gives pop-up quick instructions when setting up workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc. Kind of like that old Word talking paperclip but not as annoying.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Contacts - Colorize:- Make primary - Black, Dependents - Green, Bus relationships - Blue

A better way to find primary contact and their relationships.
    "Contacts - Colorize:- Make primary - Black, Dependents - Green, Bus relationships - Blue" So when adding notes you do not need to go to main client search when you have a client with a name sake.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Directory of Users

Would be nice for larger offices especially multiple locations to be able to generate a directory of the Redtail users - so we can identify what location a team member works out of - direct contact info etc.

If we need to create a business profile for our company (that owns the database) it would be nice to have this function as well. be able to list an employee and specify they do not work out of our main office location, their role etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hashtag

I would appreciate a way to tag a note, activity, contact, or any other database item and be able to search for those tags. Hashtags or a similar method would go a long way in being able to search for a wide variety of items in the database.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show password option when typing it in during logging on

When typing in a password when logging on, it would be helpful to have an option to reveal what is typed. I have been locked out so many times, and it might be due to typing in the password wrong, but since I have to change my password so many times, and I cannot actually see what I am typing, this leads me to getting locked out a lot, and having to call in and get back in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manage Database List

It would be nice if in the "Manage Database Lists" section if we had the ability to remove default category types and other defaulted information for cleaning up our CRM.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Relocation of Important Information Icon

It would be helpful to relocate the Important Information Exclamation Icon. When information is entered in the Important Information text box, the icon turns red....this is great, except that the icon lives on the right side of the contact banner whereas the User's eye goes directly to the contact name. Because the icon alerts the user to information they should review when accessing the contact, it would be very helpful to relocate it on the left side of the banner to get immediate attention by the user. This suggestion is being made after many conversations with Users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. user rights

It would be great if all users were able to, when adding a new prospect client add servicing or writing advisor ... But be able to control the user rights in preference settings that they can not change the writing or servicing advisor if unchecked. that way they need to get permission to make a change from an Admin... (that way if a prospect is in the system another advisor can not make a change on this>)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dropdown menu options rather than clicking Edit or Add

On the main Client page, within the Contact Card or Contact Details, allow the categories (ex. Residence phone no., Status, etc.) to be edit-able by drop down menu directly on the page... or if it's a fill in the blank (such as a phone number) allow the box to be editable by a double click directly on the page, instead of needing to click Edit and enter that way. It's too many clicks to make a change.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. mobile devices time selection

On mobile devices, instead of the time selection for activities in 1 minute increments, would be useful to have the option to choose 1/5/10 minute increments. The 1 minute increments are tedious. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Red is a distressing color, please allow alternative colors like blue.

I know this may seem trite, BUT stop using the color red/gray and/or allow other color alternatives to the template. I left your CRM because it's red and distracting and stressful to look at all day. As humans, we are conditioned that the color red is bad, or we should beware. It's stressful to look at red. Please allow us to customize the colors, it isn't that hard to code. Drab gray and red are terrible colors to look at all day. I only came back because I was forced to because of your integration options which connect with my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Password criteria should be shown when creating a new password

When a password expires you have to create a new password. The form has fields for old password, new password and new password confirmation. Nowhere on the screen does it show you the password requirements.

I use a password manager and the default password length used is 20 characters. I entered this and got a message stating the max length was 16. Ok, I changed the password length to 16 and regenerate a password. This was rejected for a new error message, a number or symbol was required.

Please put a static text box on this form that states the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tag and Keyword user rights

We suggest adding a feature to limit the rights of adding and deleting Tags and Keywords. In our particular environment, we need to be able to limit the users who can add/delete/edit Tags. This should be an Admin only right as this effects our marketing campaigns on an administrative level. Conversely, we would like to allow any user to be able to add a keyword, as that does not effect our marketing campaigns. Users can then chose entries with their keywords to add and remove from particular tags as they see fit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Inactive current session

Please consider a feature that will allow the database owner to inactivate a current user while

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Redtail Email - Login

Please provide a less cumbersome way to load the integration Zimbra email. Presently it requires 4 clicks including "Cancel" in Redtail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Aproved user section

Have a section within the manage database users and teams for me to set up an approved user for my database who has the authority to reset email passwords, reset mfa or act on owner's behalf. Allow a check box for what authority can be granted. This will help streamline on the user's end for compliance purposed and make the call into support easier when verifying who has authority to do what.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We need to be able to set user permissions for accessing information in the CRM.

We need to be able to set user permissions for accessing information in the CRM. For example, I do not want all my employees (users) to have access to view every clients SSN and financial information. Please add permission levels so we can restrict access to employees based on their permissions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base