CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notes search by date

I have tried entering a date only in the search criteria so as to be able to skip ahead directly to that date without waiting for pages to load and load. But not dates can be pulled up. Could you add this as a search filter please? It would be so helpful. And yes I did write the date in just as you have them listed DD/MM/YEAR

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. link contact to note after note is posted

After a note is posted, would it be possible to add a feature where an additional contact is linked to said note? Instead of deleting and recreating the note. We know there is a feature to copy the note to a new contact. But when comments are added or activities are linked, we would like to all parties involved to be on the same page

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Edit a client note

Would love for their to be a feature where you can edit a note for a client after saving the note. Please let me know if there is already a feature for this.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. comment link

Currently when a note has already been copied to another contact, if you put a comment on the note it does not copy to the other contact that was already copied to the note. When a comment is made under a note that is copied to other contacts, that comment should automatically copy to the copied contact on the note

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. locking notes

There should be a way to lock notes so that all other users cannot delete notes within each contact. For example, if I input a note, only I should be able to delete/modify instead of the other 15 people on my team. This helps maintain goodstanding with compliance, and ensures an accurate timeline is reflected on RT for each contact.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. tagging contact in notes with @ sign or some other way

I'd like to see a way to link another contact in someone's notes...example.
    "Nancy called today and told me to call her brother @Robert Killian. He just retired and is looking for help."
    Then Robert Killian is a hyperlink to click on to go directly to his contact record.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add photo images to Notes section of client profile

We use super-sized 3M chart paper during our in-office client meetings and would love to be able to snap an image of them to apply to the Notes section, or elsewhere to make them readily available for future reference in follow-up calls and meetings. This could also be handy when clients and contacts attend our social events, and we'd like to record fun photos that have become a part of our relationship with them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. be able to link new notes to old notes

Would love to be able to add a new note and link it to an existing note so that it is easy to see a full communication about a topic or issue with a client that occurs over time. I imagine also, that if I create a new note and add an activity, it would be easy for me to open that linked note from the activity and immediately see all the notes from that particular issue.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notes Notification Report

It would be helpful to be able to pull a report of notes in which you were notified on. e.g. An advisor makes a note in the client record and notifies his assistant. There currently is not a way for the assistant to pull a report of notes on which she was notified. Maybe it could just be added as an additional filter to the Notes By Contact report?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Easier access to old notes

Trying to access notes from long ago is slow and difficult. It would be nice to have a couple additional features. One might be a click to go to the earliest note. Another might be to jump to a specific date or year. This morning I was trying to get to notes from 10 years ago and it is super cumbersome to scroll down, let them load, scroll down again, and repeated the process over and over.

Yes there is a notes report. But that is a weak substitute for functionality that ought to exist on the notes page without…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Automatically create note when updating a UDF

I use a UDF to track my clients' "Review Status" with values set as Scheduled, Completed, Waived, or No Response. Is there a way to have a change in the UDF value automatically trigger an action? What I'd like to have happen is:

IF UDF value = Scheduled, THEN create new activity (to open the create activity dialogue box so I could add their appointment to their Redtail account).

IF UDF value = Completed, THEN create new note (so I can enter notes about the review).

IF UDF value = Waived, THEN create new note (so I can add a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add more than one activity templates to bottom on note page

LOVE how you've added the ACTIVITY TEMPLATE to the bottom of NOTES when we click "create followup activity" - However, could you add the option of up to 5 activity templates? In our office, 1 note will generate several activities from that one note. We'd love the option of more than one. Thank you

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Time stamp AND date stamp on each note permanently without hovering.

Please show the time stamp AND date stamp on each note permanently without the need for hovering.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add "type" (in addition) to "category" to Notes

Notes only have "category", please add "type" (of activity) to notes. By adding "type" (of activity), we could say/see the note was an outbound call, an inbound call, email sent, text received, etc., and also still have the note "categorized" as move money, portfolio, trade request, etc. By only having "category" for note, we are forced to label as an activity, i.e., outbound call, instead of a category, i.e., beneficiary update or vice versa. A work around for this is to create an activity, but then I can't complete an activity while I'm in it / creating it, which requires…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Under recently added notes in lieu of "2 linked contacts" have the names listed there rather than having to click on

Under recently added notes in lieu of "2 linked contacts" it would be helpful to have the names listed there rather than having to click on the link to see the names

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Attach file to an existing note from main contact screen

We love the new option to add files to new notes. Very useful and convenient feature.

To take it to the next level -- we would like an option to 1) attach a new document to an existing note, and/or 2) link an existing document to an existing note.

Just noticed that we can do #1 from the Notes screen, but not from the main contact screen. This should be an option there, where we most frequently see the notes.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When adding notes in steps/tasks of a workflow, please create option to add that note to client's profile notes to avoid need to duplicate

Our firm keeps track of progress in workflow using notes, however we also keep notes in the main notes section of a client profile but currently have to copy notes from the workflow into profile notes. Please add an option to add workflow note into main profile note.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. updating a note

Notes/Activities..... PLEASE stop changing the name of the person who created the note/activity if somebody updated/"corrected" these. When I copy a note to the spouse's page, the note doesn't make sense anymore (especially because we have users who don't label their notes correctly). And when trying to determine who created an activity to go back to the originator to ask questions...it's confusing. If you have to "track" who did want, then have a "Originator" User and "Update" User on the items. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base