CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When you save an email as a note, can you make it available in the most recent notes link for that day? The email is saved in the client's n

When you save an email as a note it would be nice to see it show up on the daily notes link. Currently, mine are being saved in the client's notes history, but not in the most recent notes from the link for all notes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. link note to non-primary joint account

If I have Client & Spouse as joint holders of an account created under Client, it now shows up under Spouse as a non-primary joint account. (Thank you!) But, if I am in the Spouse's record and create a Note, the non-primary joint account doesn't show up as an option to link to. I have to go to her accounts, then to the joint account, then scroll down and click on the notes, which takes me to the primary holder (Client) where I can finally create a note that I have to link back to the Spouse. It would be…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Note & Information Box Formatting & Coding

I love the formatting options under Notes and Important Information. I love keeping things organized and clean. However, doing it with the buttoned options can be tedious and often doesn't yield the result I would like, so I often defer to 'source' (as I have knowledge of HTML & CSS) to make it easier on myself. Would there be a way to get the source code to line up and stay on separate lines such as (for example) <font color=red>text here</font> [NEXT LINE] <font color=blue>text here</font>? Right now I can code individual things on individual lines but when I save…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have categories for notes, so you when add notes, you can put it in a category.

Have categories for notes. So when you do a note, you can click on the category it should go in. So when you look for notes under a client, they aren't all just there, but can be categorized for notes that were in regards to say: emails: meetings: phone calls etc etc

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to Print Notes from the Account Level

There is the ability the print an individual note when you are on the Notes tab, but if you go to the Notes under a specific account, there is no option to print. It would be useful if the notes under a specific account had all the same action items as they do under the notes tab.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. search notes by user

Add the ability to EASILY search notes within a contact by user. Make it so we can do it by checking a user box. I need to have this ability, but not so frequently that I remember how to do it. It take me several minutes or calls to your technical support line to figure it out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notes report needs to be alphabetized by last name, and not first name. We do everything by last name.

When we print the notes report, we like to have it printed in alphabetical order by last names, not first names. Could you go back to using that method please?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. notes

When enterring a note there is a section that allows you to link an account. That is great, but it only lists the custodian and account number. It would be helpful if the title of the account was listed their. We generally do remember account numbers and go from account titles. We noticed that their is no place to put an account title on an imported account. We solved this by placing the account title in the "product" section of the note.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Important Note Popup on Client Home Page

Instead of a red exclamation point, have a banner that pops up prominently on the client's home screen to display important notes every time the account is opened.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. smiley face compatibility

clients sends me an e-mail that includes a smiley face. when I paste their email to the notes section it will not save. I have to manually go in and remove the smiley faces, which changes the tone of the e-mail and is extra work for me

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create ability to archive notes

It would be great if we had the ability to archive notes so that we can hide some of the extraneous posts that show on the Notes tab that aren't as important/critical. The notes would still be captured for the client, just not right there on the main page clogging up the notes timeline.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. family notes

Automatically show family notes for all contacts - instead of habing to check the box for each account to "show family notes"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make the pop up note's entry box larger on the screen. And move the "Save Note" button to the top!

*When i copy/paste either one large emails or multiple emails into the small note box, it's difficult to do so efficiently and accurately because the entry box is too small. If it was larger, it would be much more efficient to copy/paste emails, type in changes/updates/other notes/etc. Sometimes depending on if i'm using my laptop or desktop computer, this is difficult to use.
    **Also, can you please move the "Save Note" button to the top of the pop up screen instead of at the bottom. There's so many new features/settings in that pop up box now, that i can't see…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Date hyperlink within notes that I'm posting so it would automatically open calendar event to be scheduled

When I am posting client notes and there is a date reference or a task being requested to add a reminder or to schedule a meeting, that I could click on the date and it would open a calendar event to be filled in.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tally count of COMMENTS BY USER

Your tally on NOTES BY USER shows the number of notes entered by each user. Love it. Any way you can keep a tally count on COMMENTS BY USER?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set up a new mail merge with previous mail merge group

It would save me a lot of time if there was an option to go back to a contact that has a mail merge saved in their notes and if there was an option to create a whole new mail merge with the linked contact. It would save me a lot of time having to use the search an filter function if I had the ability to click a button or check a box that said "create new mail merge with linked contacts."
    The majority of the time I have to send the same clients mail and it takes a…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. create a report that prints each clients/contact notes on one page of a report for your entire account base for a date range

I want to print our my contact notes once a week so my admin can file them. Or If I am preparing to visit a group of clients I don't have to open my laptop.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stacking duplicate notes in the Overview

Is it possible to "nest"/stack duplicate notes in the Overview that are all connected to one household? eg: I make a note on one spouse and copy it to the other (so I don't have to go through which-spouse-is-the-"head" thing); it's really only one note.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)