CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Primary Phone & Primary Email to Advanced Search

I am looking for clients with a phone number but not a primary phone number and an email address but no primary email address. I was able to do this with address. I thought this option was under primary contact till I realized that was a different field altogether.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When linking a contact, let us search BOTH the first AND last name

When you are linking contacts to an activity, in a note, etc, RedTail should let us search using both the first and last name as currently it only let's us use one or the other. It's extremely time consuming when you're looking up for example John Smith, where we have 100 Smith's and a 100 John's.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. alphabetize information in any column from within a searched list

in the old version of redtail, i could alphabetize any column from within a list, simply by clicking on the header/title at the top of that column. similar to an excel spread sheet. that feature is now gone in the new version of redtail. very frustrating considering we used that feature a lot in hand selecting contacts for a campaign. yes i know we can use filters to narrow down a list. yes i know that i can search by status or by catergory. i dont want to see a small list. i want to see the entire list and…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Lookup

Where Contact Lookup is initiated should be ID:STATUS -- Contains? & Starts with?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Advanced Search

In the "advanced Search" filters, it would be most user friendly to include the ability to add parentheses around logical connectives to more intuitively command the account information. I'll give an example:

I stratify clients into tag groups A Clients, B Clients, C Clients, and D Clients. There are several without any tag group, and I'm looking for a list of current clients not in Qualified Plans status, who don't have one of these tags. The Logical operand is easiest explained as:

( Contact-Status-Equal To-Client AND Contact-Category-Not Equal To- Qualified Plan ) AND( Tag Group-Tag-not equal to A-Client AND Tag…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability for search last last meeting/ last note

In the sortable fields have a sort feature for date of last note and last meeting. This can help show when has contact with the client
    / prospect

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. search partial name

Be able to search by partial name. For example Robert Smith, should come up by searching Rob Smith or r smith or ro sm

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow us to make rules that flow into dashboards

I want to be ablw to say that contacts with these few category types are all considered clients for the purpose of a contact dashboard.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add search option to recently viewed contacts box

Would love to have the search option included in the window for recently viewed contacts; that way if what you're looking for isn't one of the last 10 view, you can quickly search for it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add feature to search by "preferred contact method"

Please add a feature to be able to search by preferred contact method as this will be helpful when sending out letters to clients.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have the ability to list different categories of tag groups

so that you do not have to scroll down and waste time to find the desired tag group. The tag groups can be hidden in the category heading until it is clicked on and then the tag groups inside the desired category will expand. User should have the ability to name each category heading so that they can customize as needed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. search important information

Make important information able to be searched. The report is ok, but we want to search for specific details that are put in the important information and it would be great if we could do this under advanced search.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Alphabetize names with suffixes properly (and drop the extra comma)

Currently it looks like the system alphabetizes the search results based on the order it is displayed when that is not the best way to sort them when a suffix is involved. For instance this is how a search result should appear:
    1. O'Connor, Julia
    2. O'Connor, Jr., Leo
    3. O'Connor, Sr., Leo
    4. O'Connor, Nora

Instead Redtail displays them in this order:

1. O'Connor, Jr., Leo

2. O'Connor, Julia

3. O'Connor, Nora

4. O'Connor, Sr., Leo

That makes no sense!!!

Also, when a suffix is involved, it should be O'Connor Jr, Leo not O'Connor, Jr, Leo. No need for an extra comma.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. tag groups

ADDING/REMOVING Tag Groups:

When in a client's contact we have the option to view the tag groups the client is associated with. The "add" button in the top right section of the tag group portion only works to "add" tag groups. However, it appears that we can remove tag groups by deselecting from the tag groups from the dropdown menu. This is deceiving; we should be able to add AND remove from the dropdown menu of tag groups by selecting and unselecting groups, then saving.

We realize we can remove a client from the tag group by using the arrow…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On the contact search results page make the columns sort-able.

On the contact search results page make the columns sort-able.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to set filters on default search results

I would love to be able to set filters for my "Search Contacts" so that when I search from the box at the top of the screen, I would see only a specific status (i.e. Client). I would appreciate not having to wade through Closed Clients, Children of Clients, Cold Leads, etc., with the same name every time I search for a client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. keyword search

I saw that the dropdown of keywords in Advanced Searches was added per another user's request. I think this is great and helpful, but it has limited some other features that I used to use a lot.

I do miss when we used to be able to type in partial Keywords for searches. We use keywords very heavily and have prefixes that we use to categorize them. If I had the ability again to run searches for Contact Keyword - Keyword - Does Not Contain - RS, for example, I could quickly identify our clients who are not currently set…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Report for Contact Information Changed Since . . .

To be able to identify contacts whose address, phone, email, etc has changed in the last xx period

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The "begins with" feature of the database search does not work.

The "begins with" feature of the database search does not work. For ex: I have several Client Status' that begin with "Client", such as, Client, Client-Spouse, Client-Child, etc. When I request Status begins with Client, Redtail only returns "Client" and not the other categories that begin with Client.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Transactions to Quick Add

Please add a Transactions link to Quick Add on the top toolbar. It needs to have the option to add client. This will allow users to receive and log deposits to clients' accounts without having to go into the contact record, then to transactions, then to add. Thanks for considering

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base