CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to search phone numbers even with parenthesis - helps when copying and pasting from Ring Central missed calls.

Be able to search by phone numbers even with parenthesis - helps when copying and pasting from a phone app's emails when I have a missed call.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Hover" feature

Hovering over the name in a search is great, but you need to also show the extensions that are with the phone #'s. It does not good to hover and still have to click on the record to see what extension the client is at. Please fix that. Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Redtail integration with Twenty Over Ten websites

We have a Twenty Over Ten website and have Sumo set up to allow visitors to enter their email address to be added to our blog content. Our Twenty Over Ten website is integrated with Redtail. It would be great if the contacts added vis the website could automatically be put into a TAG group. It's difficult to find contacts that have been added via this method otherwise. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. search results

search results are time sensitive. When working with a long list of contacts from a search result you disconnect us from the search after a time and we have to run the search again to go to the next record. Please keep the search criteria active until we are done with it. This was not an issue in LeapFrog Legacy. Please fix.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. advanced search improvement with parenthesis and searchable quicklists

I want the ability to search with quicklists in addition to other criteria. I may have built a complex quicklist and I want to not repeat creating that all the time so I need to be able to pull those up. Also, allow for parenthesis so I can make a more specific search. I want to be able to search Status=Client & (category=active or category= inactive). Now I would have to search for (Status=Client & category= active) or ('Status=Client & category=inactive). And the parenthesis are forced. So instead of a simple three criteria search, I end up with four. And…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enhance the capabilities of the "Like" operand for Advanced Searches.

Currently the 'Like' operand is intended to be used with 'Values' that are being typed in, not selected from a drop-down menu. So it doesn't pull any results when selecting from a drop-down "Value" menu. Many offices use a number of values containing the same words. So, currently we're required to use the "Equal To" operand which makes for excessively long entries for search criteria with several different levels. "Like" worked with drop-down "value" menu options in previous versions of Redtail, so this should be revisited to save us all some valuable time when setting up Quicklists and other searches.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please make country codes searchable and reportable so we can get lists of where our clients live by country.

Please make country codes searchable and reportable so we can get lists of where our clients live by country.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. - Quicklists to sort by Seminar Attendee Status

Be able to include seminar attendee status in a quick list and/or tag group search.

For example, we like to send out broadcast emails severel times before a seminar/webinar but we don't want to send that same invite to someone who has already signed up to attend the seminar. We have no way to exclude those individuals in the next broadcast email w/o a lot of manual work.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add page list navigation ribbon at top and bottom of the results screen or webpage

Page list navigation at top and bottom of the screen when seeing search results. The navigation ribbon, "Showing 1 - 25 entries of xxxx First Previous 1 2 3 Next Last", should be at the top and bottom of results screens. That way we don't need to scroll down to go back or forward if we are in the top part of the results list.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Search clients/prospects based on distance from a specific address or zipcode

I'd like to be able to type in a specific address or zipcode & select all clients and/or prospects within or outside of an x-mile radius.
    Currently I'm having to type each dern zipcode separately to find clients who are too far away since our city is so spread out. I cannot just type "exclude" and then the cities, because the city itself is so big that your address can say you're in the city & still be 1.5 hours away.
    This would be very useful for when we throw client events, but have clients who are too far away…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add ability for search last last meeting/ last note

In the sortable fields have a sort feature for date of last note and last meeting. This can help show when has contact with the client
    / prospect

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quick Filter for Search Bar

Have a toggle beside the Search Bar that you can filter for Active Clients only. More often than not, I am searching for an Active Client and my search list is cluttered with deceased clients, inactive clients, and/or prospects.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to merge Tag Groups

It would be nice to merge existing Tag Groups together. Sometimes the name is slightly different (made by two people) but used for the same thing. For clean up, it would be nice to have a merge function.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. make the advanced search options editable like they used to be

We used to be able to edit the fields (like backspace or type in) in the advanced search. For example, contact category.
    We could use the operand "begins with" and type "client" since our categories are (client - A, client - B, etc.) and it would pull all clients.

Now we have to do a separate search for each category (4) just to pull a list of our clients.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have the ability to list different categories of tag groups

so that you do not have to scroll down and waste time to find the desired tag group. The tag groups can be hidden in the category heading until it is clicked on and then the tag groups inside the desired category will expand. User should have the ability to name each category heading so that they can customize as needed.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. keyword search

I saw that the dropdown of keywords in Advanced Searches was added per another user's request. I think this is great and helpful, but it has limited some other features that I used to use a lot.

I do miss when we used to be able to type in partial Keywords for searches. We use keywords very heavily and have prefixes that we use to categorize them. If I had the ability again to run searches for Contact Keyword - Keyword - Does Not Contain - RS, for example, I could quickly identify our clients who are not currently set…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Client search

Searching for a client becomes cumbersome unless you know the EXACT spelling for both the first and last name - in that order.
    For example, if a client's name is Robert Smith, we'd like to be able to do a search like:
    Smith, R..... OR Bob Smith
    and then any client matching this search (INCLUDING nickname) would show up in the drop down. This would allow a quicker response when this client calls and would be extremely helpful when dealing with large family groups of clients.
    Also, could the search drop down box have a more condensed list of clients?…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Redtail Imaging

Can you please add a Contacts A-Z search option at the top of Redtail Imaging? A similar search to that of the CRM where the alphabet is at the top of the page and you can go to the client folders via last name versus scrolling down the entire list.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tag group - most recent at the top and on the first page

It would be nice to have the Tag Group list auto sorted so the most recent is at the top of the first page, not list in alphabetical order. Or better yet, the ability to sort according to the existing columns.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. RED Tail Imaging

In Imaging it is time consuming to scroll all the way through and find a client's file.
    It would be helpful if you could click on a letter of the alphabet and thus limit your scrolling time.
    The search function is not super useful either as you have to know the specific name and then it brings up all their files and you have to scroll again to go to their main list of folders.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base