CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. get rid of tiny scroll box after searching for a contact

With the last update, the search results page became small "scroll box window," can you please put it back to the original format. The problem with the scroll box is even if there are only 6 selections for the contact you entered in the search, only 4-5 are visible and you have to scroll to see the ones at the end of the list. There is plenty of room on the page for a larger scroll box, so it would eliminate the unnecessary scrolling.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. advanced search columns

Allow for different columns in the advanced search results section such as phone number, account balance DOB etc.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More options for fields that show on the search results page after a search

When I search in the main search box in the top left corner of Redtail, a few different information fields show up beside each contact on the search results screen and then there are field options in the top right part of the page to determine what fields I will see next to each contact. Those options are very limited. Please add more options to this... especially contact email information.

It would be VERY helpful to be able to see primary email addresses here. When I am looking at attendees within a seminar, I see these fields in the row…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. search by status

we have a large data base. When i type in "miller" for example, I have 50+ names pop up. I would love it if i could filter out the junk...the ex-clients, the deceased. This should be a preference option

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. contact search

Should be able to search a name as: last name, first name and have it find the contact. Since that is how the contacts are listed our advisor always searches for them in that format and it won't find them that way.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Recents, QuickLists, Tag Groups dropdown

I initially loved the new feature of having the Recents, QuickLists, and Tag Groups automatically dropdown and display without the additional click. However, I have found this to be more of an inconvenience that you must click out of the area to make the dropdown go away, even if you accidentally moved your cursor over the icon. When in a contact record, it covers the contact information, phone number, email, address, ect.. Please fix this to disappear once you move your cursor away from the area.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Operand for "Contains"

When doing an Advanced Search the operand "Contains" would include any field that contains the word you are looking for, even if there is other items/words in that field.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. search results

search results are time sensitive. When working with a long list of contacts from a search result you disconnect us from the search after a time and we have to run the search again to go to the next record. Please keep the search criteria active until we are done with it. This was not an issue in LeapFrog Legacy. Please fix.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add page list navigation ribbon at top and bottom of the results screen or webpage

Page list navigation at top and bottom of the screen when seeing search results. The navigation ribbon, "Showing 1 - 25 entries of xxxx First Previous 1 2 3 Next Last", should be at the top and bottom of results screens. That way we don't need to scroll down to go back or forward if we are in the top part of the results list.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quick Filter for Search Bar

Have a toggle beside the Search Bar that you can filter for Active Clients only. More often than not, I am searching for an Active Client and my search list is cluttered with deceased clients, inactive clients, and/or prospects.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Advanced Search Field

Advanced Search Field could use the ability to search for the two CRS fields in the Best Interest box on the account page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Advanced search field for people who have attended any seminars

basically just true false. if a contact is in any seminars in the past with "attended" or something, (1 year, or other set timeframe) , then they would show up in the advanced search.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When you are doing an advanced search function, the system should pull both contacts created if the shared

When you are doing an advanced search function, the system should pull both contacts by state even if the address is shared and linked from the master contact. For instance, when I search for contacts in a specific state, the results only show me a master contact (husband) instead of the husband and spouse. This nuance is only applied when you create two spousal contacts on the same "add contact/individual" screen when originally inputting into the system. When you search contact by state, you should be able to see all contacts in state, not just the master contact created with…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Search Bar Automatic (No Enter)

search bar, when you type in a name you have to hit enter. Just have it automatically bring them up and not have to hit enter at all. Hitting enter every time is frustrating!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Easier Access for Quicklists

It would be helpful if quicklists were quicker to access. Currently it takes 3-4 clicks to navigate to the quicklist. Having the choice to default to a particular list would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When searching last name (which is also a town in VT) it pops up all people who live in that town

When searching last name (which is also a town in VT) it pops up all people who live in that town. Makes the search that much more difficult since the first name can have many different ways of spelling.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search for nearby clients list or map view

Ex: Agent has to drive 1 hour away for an appointment that will only take 10-15 minutes and would like to make better use of his time, Redtail should have a function that allows Agent to see other clients in that area so that he can attempt to schedule multiple appointments in the same area easily. Now he is able to meet a client for his annual review meeting on his way back rather than driving all the way back out there in 2 weeks"

It would be nice if Redtail had a way to find other clients that live…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add operands "One Of" and "Not One Of"

In other databases I have used there is an operator called "One Of" which allows the user to select more than one criterion instead of building a report to add more lines. As is now, an advanced search might look like:
    Type = Contact, Field = Status, Operand = Equal to, Value = Client
    OR
    Type = Contact, Field = Status, Operand = Equal to, Value = Prospect
    OR
    Type = Contact, Field = Status, Operand = Equal to, Value = Inactive Newsletter
    OR...

And so on, adding additional lines until you've finally included all of the Values needed. The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base