CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It's time to FIX this "Data Input Disappearing from Activities" problem!

You have pages upon pages of complaints about this, dating back to year 2016, and four years later, the problem is still that when we add notes into an Activity, unless we remember to scroll down to the next screen and "Save Activity", those notes disappear. It doesn’t just happen when leaving RedTail; it happens even if I don't leave the activity! All I have to do is upload a document, or add an additional contact, and my notes are GONE. ADD AN AUTO-SAVE ALREADY! (And, FYI, adding "COMPLETED" to your reply to some of those complaints is inaccurate and…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. view open and closed activities on one screen

Would be nice to be able to see all Open and Closed activities on one screen, vs. having to toggle or filter between them both (or an option to do so for those of us who like that). Maybe with a status running down the side of "open" or "closed" to differentiate between the two. When preparing for a client meeting, it's nice to be able to see anything overdue, upcoming and what we've done in the past for the client, without having to look at multiple screens.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically SAVE INPUT and do it WITHOUT CLOSING the activity or note or whatever is beingupdated.

According to this forum, this suggestion (posted in 2016, 2017, 2018) was completed. Funny, since it's our biggest daily problem. We lose data so often that we have to keep a word doc open in the background during the day to enter notes and then find the time to cut and paste to Redtail. Counterproductive? You bet. Keeping notes for our client records is the main reason we purchased RedTail and it's proving less reliable than Outlook Notes. Finding the time at the end of each day to cut and paste into RedTail is ... difficult. so many words came…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please create a preference for default of activities that will be used as a default and not depend on the cache and cookies to remember

Please create a preference for default of activities that will be used as a default and not depend on the cache and cookies to remember our preferred settings.

I lost all my preferred settings when I cleared my cache and cookies and now every time I go into a client's account, I have to repeatedly apply to choose "past due activities and next 12 months" for every client.

It would be great if that was a preference that can be applied to all clients with a preference default.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. recurring activities

Just recently Redtail "updated" our RECURRING INTERVALS in ACTIVITIES and took away our choice of recurring on SELECTED weekdays only and our choice of weeks within the month - on anything other than MONTHLY. Example: Every Year on the First Monday of January - or- Every 6 Months on the Third Wednesday - CAN NO LONGER BE A CHOICE. The ability to LEAVE OUT the weekends if we choose should be our choice. BTW - CUSTOM does not have this option either ON MONTHLY OR ANNUALLY. Redtail has always been about customizing for each office and this takes away that…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automation with Automated Templates

Would like to be able to set up automation for Templates within Activities...the automated templates. It does kind-a go together :)
    The goal is when someone puts in an Activity (ex. Touchpoint #1), it’ll trigger to set-up the next Activity (ex. Touchpoint #2) in Activities.
    However, when I go to Automated Templates, I do not see those Activity Templates av’l – only Workflow Templates.
    If I have to set-up templates within Workflow, wow! That would be quite a chore. I need to trigger 11 separate events!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. custom reminders

I would love to see custom pop-up reminders that can be assigned to any team member, with custom timing options (30m, 2h, 2 days, 1 week, etc). When the advisor wants a confirmation call for an appt. 2 days in advance, I want them to have the ability to set a pop-up (not sound only) reminder (even when on another screen) to the employee in charge of this confirmation call. Thus eliminating the need to click into each individual activity for the details, and the oversight. In the same sense, an individual could set their own pop-up reminders. The previous…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. auto save

Please autosave anytime the window is closed for any reason, even if going to another task or to client record or.... Please autosave after each line is completed. Please autosave all the time. It is so frustrating to loose work and have to do it over and over, when you are in a busy environment and constantly being pulled to do other things only to find what you just entered into Redtail is gone.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Outlook email to Redtail integration for adding tasks

It would be really nice to have an Outlook to Redtail integration that would allow us to create tasks/activities/notes in Outlook, from emails, and add them to Redtail contact records.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Lock Open Activities from Editing

We would like to see an ability for "lock editing" on activities so that only the person who created the activity can make changes. All users and attendees can view, but only the creator (or designated user (s)) can edit.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Flag When Adding Additional Info to an Activity

In our office, we often add additional notes and follow-up information to tasks prior to actual completion. This could have been done by the owner of the task, or by someone who may have taken a call and added additional info.

It would be great if the activity could be flagged or marked showing new information has been added/updated so it wouldn't get missed by the owner of the activity. (maybe similar to the was "NEW" now shows beside a recently added task throughout the day)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To do list

Please create a task lists that more of a running list like a to do list. I have to go to Notion or other app to see my things to do for the day. I dont want it in my calendar or part of a workflow. Thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recurrence

I see an update was pushed this past Friday on the Recurrence section in activities. This update has taken functionality away from the CRM.

Specifically, I set some activities to reoccur in May, and October on the first Monday. With the new update, this cannot be done. Also, the way I set up my review was for January, April, July, and October to happen on the first Monday. I can't make it this way with the new update.

This is a major loss of functionality, and one of the main reasons I used Redtail CRM. If the functionality is not…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom past due date default is 1980- make it current year!

To clean up past due activities I like to do them in chunks of a few days to make it more manageable. Currently the only option is yesterday or ALL. And when you go to custom the default start date is 1980. I assume (wrongly) that the year would be current when I filter so I do the past 7 days and it says I have NO activities. Then I notice that I am looking at April 1980!!!! When clicking on the custom past due can you please make the default dates that pop up the current year and not…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When scheduling an activity, allow the user to select a default for the length of the appointment time. (add a default of 1.5 hours)

For the activity drop down, our in person meetings are set for 1.5 hours (90 minutes). Can this increment be added?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. rollover

Automatically set a task to rollover within the task or template) to the next business day if not completed

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add template drop-down list inside of the activity itself

Once you are already inside a new activity that you are about to create, it would be nice to have access to your template list. Please add the drop down option inside of the activity itself.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add FYI for other users to view

Provide ability to add an FYI only for team members alerting them that a task/activity is in process. This avoids having multiple people duplicating efforts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. template

When making a template, have a setting where a particular user is ALWAYS selected by default (and then you can add other attendees as in the past).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)