CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When adding notes in steps/tasks of a workflow, please create option to add that note to client's profile notes to avoid need to duplicate

Our firm keeps track of progress in workflow using notes, however we also keep notes in the main notes section of a client profile but currently have to copy notes from the workflow into profile notes. Please add an option to add workflow note into main profile note.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Investment Frequency - Add Bi-weekly and Semi-Monthly

Under "Payments" - Please add Bi-Weekly and Semi-Monthly to Investment Frequency.

Many of my clients contribute according to their pay-dates

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UX/UI Improvements for Redtail Imaging and for Contacts->Documents

Suggested Improvements for Contacts-->Documents in Redtail

Tighter integration with RT Imaging. Why launch a separate webpage from the Documents? Have all functionality available within the Documents container.

If that isn't possible for whatever reason, here's some specific ideas for Contacts-->Documents

Search within Documents UI container for specific images.

Currently the user can only click on the (+) sign to open folders. In RT Imaging, the user can click on the name of the folder to expand it, if there are subfolders or individual documents. It makes no sense to have two different ways of doing the same thing. I recommend…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to see the description field added (available) when creating a task.

This is currently a two step process - create then edit activity. It also creates two email notifications to team members assigned the task. I would be more efficient to do it in one step and have one notification email.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. template activity

LOVE Template Activities, however, when I edit a Template Activity, why does it not automatically update all open activities that were created via the template (whether it's an one-off activity scheduled for the future or recurring activity)?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. copy important information to another contact within the household

i would like to see an option that would allow users to copy the information within the "important information" red circle tab on the contact record - to another member of the household.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Customize Type

We would love the ability to be able to customize the "type" section of Opportunities. Right now, "New Business" and "Existing Business" doesn't help us out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Client Review - it would be helpful to be able to add the "last review date"

First or initial review date is important, next (future) review date is necessary but a last review date would be much more helpful to log when the last review was done

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Client Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bulk Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. parse columns and rows for custom exports

Please parse the columns (and their headings) and rows when using a Custom Export. I've worked with several other systems that do this when exporting to an xls or csv file. And formatting the column headings into more user friendly titles would be great as well. I love Redtail, but there is definitely room for improvement with Custom Exports and report generation. Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Custom Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to change color for different priorities for tasks

When entering tasks, it would be great to change the colors for different Priority numbers, especially 1 versus others.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Today's Birthdays on the homepage should have the option to send to search

It would be nice to have the option to send the birthdays that show up here directly to search so we can send out bulk emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Today's Overview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Calendly Integration

Calendly Integration is needed more than ever with Coronavirus and clients and prospects not being able to come into the office. This should be a top priority.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change Formatting of Website Code for Phone Numbers

Mitel Web Dialer, which is a Chrome Extension, is working the way it is intended on any other website, but in Redtail it is not. The way it works is any phone number on the page will be highlighted orange and with just a click, it will dial it using the Mitel phone assistant application.
    In Redtail we figured out what the issue essentially is. I am attaching a screenshot of some of the webpage and the developer mode.
    The red highlights the “href” with the “tel:” basically, that is what’s causing the Mitel dialer to not see it as…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. primary home address

first home address entered into redtail should be automatically considered the contact's primary home address. this should not be left to staff to remember to check off box. i can see if contact has more than one address, that a primary would need to be selected. but if there is only one address, than the one address is the only and primary address. please update software so that this is default and automatic setting.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. default primary email should be automatic

redtail should automatically make the first email that is entered for a contact their default primary email. this is ridiculous that software does not do this automatically. i just sent out an email blast to 500 clients. 20 of them failed because staff forgot to check off the stupid primary box. this is a huge flaw in your redtail software.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. bulk action

I would like to be able to, via bulk action, remove the data from an already established account field (such as "Invested - Initial"), and move it to a new account UDF field (in that same account) for every account in our Redtail system. So, in John Doe's account # 12345, the field "Invested - Initial" says $100,000. I want to move that date value ($100,000) to a UDF within that same account #12345. And I want to do it for every account for every client in our RT database. Thank you for your conseideration

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bulk Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Backup of client data offline

We need a way to back up our data, notes, archived emails offline. All investment advisors are required to have contingency plans, so if internet goes down in an area for extended period of time or even short term, we can't see our client data. I would like to be able to backup my client data periodically onto a local hard drive for safekeeping should something happen and I need access.

Even if its report driven, give us the option to filter so we can back up specific clients for a range of dates would be helpful.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have a Pet name and note field

Have a Pet name and info field

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Family  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add "account source" column to Accounts by Status export to filter "manually entered" vs. "from feed"

I would like to be able to filter all account by status "manually entered" vs. "from feed" once I export them to Excel document. Right now this column and option is missing. It is only available through RT reports, but it does not export to file.

Could you please add "account source" column to Accounts by Status export to filter "manually entered" vs. "from feed"? Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 147 148
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base