CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permissions

Couple of things related to permissions.
    First, each user should be able to set the default permission of the contacts, actives', and notes they create (separate setting for each). As a db owner managing a group of 15 or so advisors on separate teams its annoying to go through and fix the contacts they forgot to permission.

Second, inconjunction with the first, have the option to allow the db owner to force permissions of notes and activities to always be the same as contacts and to change when contact permissions change. This would make a much simpler process in a…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. header

It would be great if on each screen we can pick what information we would like to see. For instance, right now when I click on contact records I can see the headers "name" "status" "category" "source" and "type". I would like to be able to add different headers sometimes. Maybe for what I'm doing I need to see social security numbers insteaf of "source". Just having that flexibility to easily add or remove what I want to see would make this system so much better.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Join all team members into client's Speak room

We are a team of four and each of us would like to joint a client's Speak room to get notifications. Right now, whenever I add a client to Speak, I have to ensure each team member also goes in and joins the room once it is connected. Is there a way to automatically join all four of us at once?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. morningstar

Within Morningstar we are able to customize the benchmark we show for reports. Within Redtail the S&P is the default benchmark. Would love a way to customize the Morningstar reports utilized/printed within Redtail. Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Manage Database List

It would be nice if in the "Manage Database Lists" section if we had the ability to remove default category types and other defaulted information for cleaning up our CRM.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. privacy

Right now the permission level hides or forbids people not in that team to see anything related to the client. I like to have a privacy where they can see the client and the contact information (basics) so what a CRM should be, but cannot see the financials or notes, etc...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need to be able to set user permissions for accessing information in the CRM.

We need to be able to set user permissions for accessing information in the CRM. For example, I do not want all my employees (users) to have access to view every clients SSN and financial information. Please add permission levels so we can restrict access to employees based on their permissions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide Default Categories (AGAIN)

While I realize this has been requested numerous times in the past, and has been rejected and had the conversations closed, I would like to reopen the discussions for hiding the default categories that Redtail creates for all users.

Many of us like specific naming formats or descriptions for categories, especially when reviewing reports, and it would be nice if we didn't have to scroll through "similar" descriptions when selecting things like Account Asset Type, Account Type, Activity Types, etc.

For example, I like to categorize equity funds as either International Developed or Emerging Markets (for Growth, Value, and Blend).…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Imaging Permissions

In Imaging, adding the ability to set permissions or restrictions on libraries, limiting who can view what library. We are an OSJ branch that has a few different users of our imaging capability. Unfortunately, we have no way to limit which user can view all of the imaging files. Everyone can see everything since there are no permissions in place.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tag and Keyword user rights

We suggest adding a feature to limit the rights of adding and deleting Tags and Keywords. In our particular environment, we need to be able to limit the users who can add/delete/edit Tags. This should be an Admin only right as this effects our marketing campaigns on an administrative level. Conversely, we would like to allow any user to be able to add a keyword, as that does not effect our marketing campaigns. Users can then chose entries with their keywords to add and remove from particular tags as they see fit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Team email address

When creating teams, it would be nice to be able to add a team specific email address, so that anything assigned to this team would also be notified via this team-wide email address.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dropdown menu options rather than clicking Edit or Add

On the main Client page, within the Contact Card or Contact Details, allow the categories (ex. Residence phone no., Status, etc.) to be edit-able by drop down menu directly on the page... or if it's a fill in the blank (such as a phone number) allow the box to be editable by a double click directly on the page, instead of needing to click Edit and enter that way. It's too many clicks to make a change.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. user rights

It would be great if all users were able to, when adding a new prospect client add servicing or writing advisor ... But be able to control the user rights in preference settings that they can not change the writing or servicing advisor if unchecked. that way they need to get permission to make a change from an Admin... (that way if a prospect is in the system another advisor can not make a change on this>)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. favorites

Please add a way to turn off the Favorites feature. It is not a tool that I use and the big stars next to the clients name is distracting. I would like to have the ability to turn it off.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Favorites Feature

I would prefer that there be a setting that allows me to click on contacts and immediately see my contacts list, not the favorites list. Right now, I have not seen any way to change this. While the favorites feature is useful in some aspects, I would much prefer to be taken immediately to my whole contacts list instead of just the favorites when I click on Contacts.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Inactive current session

Please consider a feature that will allow the database owner to inactivate a current user while

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MFA - allow user to set default method for multi-facto authentication

Allow the data base owner or user to set the default multifactor authentication method and require additional information to switch to a different method (this is more secure) and would take less time for users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. mobile devices time selection

On mobile devices, instead of the time selection for activities in 1 minute increments, would be useful to have the option to choose 1/5/10 minute increments. The 1 minute increments are tedious. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove default options in database lists

In Database Lists... there are default options we cannot remove. I understand that it's good to give us some basic directions, but there should be a toggle switch that allows us to "Turn Off Database List Defaults" if we are comfortable with our own framework and do not need Redtail's. Those extra no frills options really clutter up the dashboard!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add a preference option to make the left menu collapsible

It would be nice to select whether or not the menu shows on the left.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base