Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10 results found

1. Export requests need to run in the background

Redtail recently improved the CRM so that linking unlinked accounts kicks off a job that emails you when the linkage is complete. This should be done for any kind of export that normally times out showing the pink unicorn - I.E. trying to export the "contacts permissioned" in one of our databases shows a list 440 pages long which times out every time I attempt to export it. The job should run in the background, email when complete and I should be able to pick it up from the "downloads" section of the CRM.

169 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add global time zones

We have clients globally and the lack of time zones is really problematic in using the CRM fully.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More control over password requirements and longer/complex passwords allowed

We are having HUGE issues with the 90 day password change requirement AND the short 16 characters allowed.

TheNational Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) changed their guidelines in 2017 to say that more frequent password changes do not help, but longer passwords do. LastPass, Dashlane, etc. all state the same.

RedTail has some of our clients most private information, but the restriction of 90 days and 16 characters is ridiculous. Change it to 40 characters and 180 or 365 days.

This situation will only get worse - not better - as we move forward and simply staying at the…

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mask PII (SSN, DOB, account numbers) from certain users

We would love to utilize virtual assistant services to handle some of our administrative work. However, we need to make sure they NEVER see any personal ID information (SSN, DOB, Account Numbers). Can you please add a restircted user security level that accomplishes this?

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to change username

I just got married and can't change my username to reflect my new name. I am able to change my last name where it appears in Redtail, but not your username.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. database backup notification

label database backup notification email with database name for those of us with multiple databases

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Assign Roles to Specific Teams | Advisor, Assoc. Advisor and (CSA) Client Service Associate of Team

Right we have the ability to change the Roles in bulk for clients, but being able to add a prefixed option for a team on who should be the Advisor, Associate Advisor or CSA would be so nice.

So when you add team permissions to a client it automatically adds in the preassigned roles to the users.

The ability to have multiple CSA's on a client would also be preferred, but not a necessity.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Adding Members to Team During Setup

Currently, it is not intuitive to add members to a team. I think that the best user experience would be to allow team members to be added at the same time the new team is being created and in the same area where the team name/title is updated as opposed to a completely separate area.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Read Only Permissions

I suggest you add a VIEW ONLY as a Database Choice for Users. That way if we want our branch office(s) to be added to our database (and vice versa) as Users to only be able to view the database, calendar, client accounts, etc. so they can assist clients they can do so. However, we don't want the User to be able to make changes or additions to the database or calendar. This ultimately helps reps from the main office (and vice versa) with clients at the branch office to be able to assist those clients over the phone if…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recently Added Notes - Filter Memory

Preferences don't stick. Kala indicates dev. is working on this.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base