CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. create a report that prints each clients/contact notes on one page of a report for your entire account base for a date range

I want to print our my contact notes once a week so my admin can file them. Or If I am preparing to visit a group of clients I don't have to open my laptop.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Capability to delete comment

I'm able to delete a Note but not a Comment within a Note. It would be nice to be able to delete your own Comments within a 24 hour period. I only delete Notes immediately upon saving it if I need to revise content due to an error. I'd like the same capability with Comments.

Because the Comments format jams it all up making look like one huge paragraph, sometimes I feel the need to revise a Comment to add additional spaces and symbols to make it easier to read and understand.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. locking notes

There should be a way to lock notes so that all other users cannot delete notes within each contact. For example, if I input a note, only I should be able to delete/modify instead of the other 15 people on my team. This helps maintain goodstanding with compliance, and ensures an accurate timeline is reflected on RT for each contact.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Default Activity Note Category

When I am in an activity and I am adding a note I would like the default category of that note to be the same as the activity. If the whole thing is about a service request none of the notes are going to be about anything else.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Date hyperlink within notes that I'm posting so it would automatically open calendar event to be scheduled

When I am posting client notes and there is a date reference or a task being requested to add a reminder or to schedule a meeting, that I could click on the date and it would open a calendar event to be filled in.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Set up a new mail merge with previous mail merge group

It would save me a lot of time if there was an option to go back to a contact that has a mail merge saved in their notes and if there was an option to create a whole new mail merge with the linked contact. It would save me a lot of time having to use the search an filter function if I had the ability to click a button or check a box that said "create new mail merge with linked contacts."
    The majority of the time I have to send the same clients mail and it takes a…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. in activities, can newest note be at the top?

When in an activity, notes appear oldest to newest...reverse please

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. be able to link new notes to old notes

Would love to be able to add a new note and link it to an existing note so that it is easy to see a full communication about a topic or issue with a client that occurs over time. I imagine also, that if I create a new note and add an activity, it would be easy for me to open that linked note from the activity and immediately see all the notes from that particular issue.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to enter a date for when the note occurred, not just when the note was created

If the note has to be timestamped on the date it was entered, at least add the option to also select when the note occurred.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need to have (at least basic) Formatting of Comments in Notes

It would be awesome to preserve at lest some basic formatting of Comments made to Notes. Comments are a great way to track who does what and at what time. But even a common return/enter to start a new paragraph does not translate when you add a comment to a note. It shows up as one big blob and is difficult to read a longer comment that needs to be made. Full formatting (bold, italicize, bullets, etc.) would be great, but at least we should have the ability to start a new paragraph. Thanks!

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Retain original user name when copying notes from one contact to another

It would be really nice to have the original user's name retained on a note when copying from one contact to another. We like to copy all notes to spouses, and when someone forgets to do so, if I go in later and copy that note to the spouse, then it looks like I made the note and not the original user.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pinned

Being able to search on Pin Note. I saw an idea was declined about having an expiration date for a Pinned Note because it could go into the Important Information Circle. Problem is, "nobody" thinks to look in there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. updating a note

Notes/Activities..... PLEASE stop changing the name of the person who created the note/activity if somebody updated/"corrected" these. When I copy a note to the spouse's page, the note doesn't make sense anymore (especially because we have users who don't label their notes correctly). And when trying to determine who created an activity to go back to the originator to ask questions...it's confusing. If you have to "track" who did want, then have a "Originator" User and "Update" User on the items. Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ADD WORKFLOW from NOTES Section just like ADD Activity.... link ADD Workflow....

PLEASE add a link to ADD Workflow from the notes section.... just like the ADD Activity.... I would much rather my staff add a workflow to a follow up than an activity!!!!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notes

It would be great to be able to see more of the note in the note summary from a Contact's page without having to click on the notes, or maybe have an option or preference setting to select if you want to see the full notes or summaries. Also would be convenient to be able to edit the notes without deleting and starting over

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. chart

When I paste a chart into a note on a client's record, it does not display the chart on their timeline. Instead, it shows just an ellipses - not useful for determining the contents of the chart!

It would be much better if the charts displayed properly on the timeline without having to open the note that contains them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. NOTES - uploaded to multiple users, not just one user or a team

To be able to notify multiple users that are not on a team. Currenlty, in a note, you can only select one user. Our firm has an ops team that moves with different advisors. Depending on the situation, we have to communicate with multiple advisors and at times, it would just be simpler to add them as another user for the note rather than create a special team for a "one-off" situation.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove Linked account from Note

It would be helpful to be able to remove a linked account from a note. I have linked an account to a note by accident, and I want the not to not be linked to any account and there is no way to remove the linked account.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Daily Journal

I would love to see a Daily Journal feature added for an advisor to utilize for general thoughts that come up through the day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notes search by date

I have tried entering a date only in the search criteria so as to be able to skip ahead directly to that date without waiting for pages to load and load. But not dates can be pulled up. Could you add this as a search filter please? It would be so helpful. And yes I did write the date in just as you have them listed DD/MM/YEAR

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base