CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Contact information important

It would be nice if there was a way to email a client a "form" to fill out with their contact information that then auto imports back into Redtail. And of course it notifies you when a new contact has been added.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Favorites

Can you switch the first item on the contact page back to Clients A-Z instead of Favorites. I don't have time or a desire to pick "favorites" amongst my clients and having to click from "Favorites" to Clients A-Z every time I go in to find a client, is just an unnecessary step in my already crowded schedule.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 page mind map for client relationship

Can you add a mind map page for the client engagment? This would be a 1 page (print to pdf and share with client) it would show Assets, key contacts (spouses, kids, cpa, legal), other key areas of service/ value add: retirement planning, estate planning, cash flow, goals, college, charity, social security, key milestones and others key areas. On one page, we can keep track and quantify our value add to the client.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have the ability for the Favorites feature to be synced between members of a team.It could be done at the Permission level

There are three of us in a team. Would like for one of us to build the Favorites list and this list be synced with the other two members of the team because we could use it in different ways: One can do the scheduling, the other one can take care of administrative tasks; the main user, (our boss), would just go straight to the list without having to wade through other leads, prospects, and other contacts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Business Contact Optional

We would like the option NOT to create a business contact when a new contact record is added. In addition, the functionality to delete a business record. It is clogging up the contact view. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hide Social Security numbers globally

We would like to globally and administratively hide client's SSNs. Yes, each RedTail user can go to the preferences and "hide/show" the SSN/TaxID, but we (and likely other Redtail customers) would want to hide SSNs for 90% of our Redtail users (and only select users should have the ability to see the SSNs). This is a huge need on the Compliance side.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add another default option in Preference

On the Today page, left column, select contacts automatically defaults to the favorites. When I select contacts, I prefer to have all my contacts listed from A-Z to show...Not favorites. Either move the favorites tab as a secondary option or create a default under own individual preference.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Preferred

I'd like to designate a "Preferred" email AND "Preferred" address, not choose between them. Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include client name on Contact Card / Contact Details

The client's name is displayed only in the upper left, while pertinent contact details are often in the lower right on the screen. It would be great if the name also appeared somewhere in the Contact Card or Contact Details windows. I.e. "Contact Card - Client Name"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. with new update just performed, ckinng on contacts aauto defaults to favoritesCan option to default to contact list (as it was before update

can we have contacts default tag added to default to contacts instead of favorites as it was before this most recent update?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Favorite

New favorite contacts is great. Would love to add via bulk.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. salutations

You have "Dr. & Mrs." in salutations but no "Dr. & Mr." I like the idea of one salutation for each spouse as well. That could be an easier way to handle it.

Thank you!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Entity ID

Lincoln assigns clients an entity ID. It would be super useful if there was a way to record this ID on the main page of a client or even in the header of a client's page in parenthesis. This way all information would be on Redtail instead of having to go back to Lincoln's site to attain the entity ID.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to Archive an entire file.

Be able to Archive an entire file. Goal, only see file when we want to.
    Example: When a prospect doesnt pan out, we want to keep the file and it's informaton; however, it would be "hidden" until we wanted to see it.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. trusted contact

I know others have suggested/requested adding a Trusted Contact field. Let me share how this would make my life easier:

We use LaserApp to complete our forms for TD Ameritrade. I have to then go back and add the Trusted Contact information to each application manually. This takes time and allows room for error.

I know you don't just "snap your fingers" and have it done, but I hope this request is at the top of the wish list. Thank you for all you do to help us manage so much data. Your work is appreciated.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. duplicate contact record

Would be beneficial if we had the ability to duplicate a contact. Sometimes we want to make multiple similar contact records for people in our network that work at different companies and just modify names/titles/phone so this would help very much in that sense

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search for blank UDF field

Would be very beneficial if there was a way to search under the UDFs for clients that don't have anything in a particular UDF field, not just report on clients who have something there, so we can address the ones that are missing it

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. add

it would be good if we could see if a client has any documents uploaded to there account. number of documents could be listed on the header area of the contact.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. pronouns

Allow customization of preferred pronouns for contact record details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. address change-remove entire old address (including address line 2)

When updating address for contact whose previous address included info in address line 2 (i.e., Unit A), the new address doesn't over write the old address entirely. It keeps address line 2 information from the old address. Please fix it so when addresses are updated, it over writes the entire old address (including addr line 2). If new addr does not include addr line 2, it should be blank.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base