CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Contact left menu bar customizable

it would be great to be able to customize the left menu bar on the Contact's page so we can put the items we use the most at the top and not have to click "more"

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be nice to put hire date & retire date in when you enter individual's occupation.

It would be nice to enter hire date & retire date when you enter individual's occupation and not have to enter in under "Professional Contact"

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an extra line for address to put 'company name' or for international address to accomodate long addresses. Carmen Wright 214-885-2557

Add an extra line for address to put 'company name' or/and for international address to accomodate long addresses. Carmen Wright 214-885-2557 cwright@view-cap.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Contact

I'd like to not have a business record automatically populated when I add an "employer name" to a new contact

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. written agreements review

Love the written agreements review section. Every calendar year I am required to send privacy policy notices to all of my clients. Recording this in the record is great. something that would be nice:
    1. being able to generate a list of the last time I sent a PP notice to all of them
    this would be great for two reasons
    1. so that I can know who I am missing) at year end
    2. so that when auditor comes by to see that I have done it for the year

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keeping Record of Assets & Liabilities

It would be helpful to have the ability to assign a date of when the assets and liabilities were input for each client. Additionally, rather than updating these line items, it would be nice to have the ability to insert a new asset & liability sheet so that we can retain record of the clients assets & liabilities over the life of the client relationship. We would then be able to see changes to the clients net worth, or the movement of assets by having historical record of this financial statement.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. auto update client category

Client's categories automatically update as the criteria change. We've categorized our clients based upon Family Portfolio Value. But when the FPV changes, the categories don't. Please provide a way to have the categories automatically update when the FPV changes.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a field for the County.

Please add a field for the County.
    We currently have to put it in the "Long Description" field so the information is there but doesn't print on labels. It would be nice if there was a field for it that would show on the Contact Card.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Investment Objective in Contact Details

We are wanting to see Investment Objective or Family Index Value in the Contact Details box. We do not ever use Writing Advisor or Referred By and wanted to place Investment Objective in one of these fields, but cannot change that titling. After reviewing many of the related comments here, it is apparent that many of us are looking for specific information in the Contact Details Box that we do not want to scroll down or make extra clicks for. Can there be 1 or 2 customizable fields in the Contact Details Box - you use them if you want…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add birth & anniversary date without having to include the year

When adding clients birthdays and anniversaries, it would be nice to add just the month and day (Ex: 11/02) and have the year optional. Sometimes, people only want to give out their birth/anniversary month and day without the year. Just for customer service to be able to greet the client or send them a card, it would be very helpful to get reminders for clients events whether the year is included or not.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. create employment checkbox

Create a check box for employment status with options for full time, part time, unemployed, student, homemaker, etc. When a client retires we still like to keep their prior position and employer listed in the contact box for record-keeping purposes, but would like a way to indicate they are retired.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Job Title

Formatted like the old Redtail, Free Form, not a drop down box of misc existing titles. But still have it searchable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Use the USPS API to verify mailing addresses

The USPS has a great API to verify addresses and format them to the USPS standard. It will even give the Zip+4 for the address. How about a button to check the address?

Info on the API can be found here: https://www.usps.com/business/web-tools-apis/address-information-api.htm

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow a check box for mailing address if it matches the legal address so we don't have to enter it twice

Currently we must enter a client's address twice (once for mailing and once for home address). This is a terrible redundancy. Why not have a check box if their mailing address IS their home address? This way, the mailing will be filled out and the Laser app integration will work (as they use mailing address to fill in forms).

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. FINRA History

Record All states REP is licensed - Securities and Insurance. Currently this area is NOT user friendly. You can only list states if rep is no longer licensed - you enter start and end dates, Thus inactive. That is not helpful. That is ridiculous. We should be able to list all Active States with ONLY start date. Then edit/add end date if rep is not longer licensed in that state. Please fix.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. expand contact card

expand contact card so that I can add fields that are meaningful to me, i.e. SSN, DOB, certain UDFs, etc. all in 1 quick view

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. License Type Database List

The license type database list is incomplete. While adding licenses for advisors, I was unable to add Series 1, Series 22, Series 31, and Series 53. I submitted a ticket to support technology but I was told that this feature is unavailable, and they suggested that I post it as a suggestion.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. run labels for people input under "Departments"

You create the main business address, then the other people under departments who have the same address, they receive correspondence from us, they can be picked for a label.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Department Contacts should have option to make them Primary as well

When entering Departments for a Business Contact, you should have the option (with a check mark) to make that Department Contact the Primary Contact for the business as well. AND you should have the option at that point, whether to create a separate Individual Contact record for that person at that time as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When entering primary contact for a Business Contact...

You should be able to have the option to either choose an existing contact from drop down menu, or have the option to create a new contact record while entering Primary Contact info.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base