Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3299 results found

1. Stop moving 'month view' calendar page after adjusting activities/ what happened to save/complete/new?

Every time I am in the 'month view' in the calendar and I click into an activity and click 'save' or 'complete' or any other option, when the task closes the calendar is automatically brought to the top of the page (the beginning of the month). It is incredibly frustrating having to find my place on the calendar again, especially when there are a large amount of tasks in a month, and I am nearing the end of the month.

Also, I want 'save and complete and new' option back. Why can I not create the next next task from…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. activities

Be able to set a default activity timeframe that is saved by the user's preference.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Workflow step instructions/notes

I use workflows to make sure that I go through a consistent process of inputting the details of an account when it first downloads in the program. I click on the workflow tab on the left (not from the box on the home screen) and it then on the client's name and it shows me the single workflow I have open (that itself has multiple steps). I do not click into the workflow further from there but instead hit the pull down and mark each step complete. In that particular screen, I would love to have, above the note section,…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include Life Insurance in " Accounts"

I would like to include my life insurance clients in accounts, Face Amount, Premium, date issued, etc. and be able to add the cash value as part of the" balance" of all assets.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add ability to customize more lists on account level

I find that often different accounts have different objectives and I want to be able to say so in a manner that lines up with what we must select for LPL but cannot edit this particular list (only the one on the overall contact view). Please allow more customization for this and literally every other part of Redtail.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. conference room availability

Iif multiple advisors share a single conference room then have a way for us to see quickly (maybe an icon on the activity) that represents the activity taking place in the conference room. Similar to your upcoming feature of telling advisors they have double booked themselves this would tell an advisor that a room is double booked. To make this work properly we would need to be able to add a few set locations that we can easily select (while still having the ability to put in a one time address when appropriate.

105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. account list details

Would like the option to choose the fields best suited for our office in the accounts list for the quick view under accounts.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We are finding an urgent need to be able to add URLs and UDFs to the Opportunities link.

In order for us to effectively assess the opportunity and update/add information to the same, we believe the ability to add URLs and UDFs would be a great feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When adding notes to an Activity, I want a save button where the activity screen stays open so additional information can be added.

When adding notes to an Activity, I want a save button where the activity screen stays open so additional information can be added. Currently, after clicking save the activity screen automatically closes.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Morningstar - Make Reports on Family

It would be helpful to be able to run a Portfolio Snapshot Report for all Family Accounts instead of just for one individual.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automations: Change of Contact Status TO Create/Update Contact Tag Group

We use MarketingPro for scheduled campaigns to our clients via email. The only way to set groups in MP from RT is to set up tag groups for each campaign. It would be GREAT if there were automations triggered when a Contacts Status is changed to one of our options to automatically trigger them to be added/removed or changed to the specific tag group. This way, our campaigns in MP are always up to date and current to actual contact status.
    Example:
    Contact Status updated to 'Former Client' triggers the 'Active Client' Tag Group to be removed.
    End Result: They…

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opportunities on RT Calendar

It would be great if your assigned opportunities would show up on your RT calendar just like you can choose for your tasks or appointments to show on your calendar. This way you can work the opportunities step as a task for the day, versus having to set up a separate task for each step of the opportunity.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. UDF Filter

I want to search for a UDF I made and then filter out all but one advisor at a time's clients but am not able to. I use UDFs for RMD tracking so it really slows advisors down when I give them the incomplete list and they have to find just their clients (as opposed to the list only being of their client). And no, I don't want to run a custom export just for this.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. POA/Primary Contact

If a client has a POA then it needs to be something that there is a place for to easily record, like under important information. If that POA happens to be the point of contact, then that primary contact field and the name of the POA should be at the TOP of the contact page so you know instantly that all communications are funneled through them. Also, sometimes a POA is only on an account level, there should be a spot on there to list them.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Servicing Advisor beside Portfolio Balance

Please add "servicing advisor" right next to "portfolio balance" on the contact page. When I look for a contact/client, I also need to know, at first glance, who the advisor is.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a way to sync Redtail calendar between databases for switch in users. Instead of having to manually put events in both databases, it w

Have a way to sync Redtail calendar between databases for switch in users. Instead of having to manually put events in both databases, it would be nice to have events entered into one calendar show up on the other. As part of this, Retriever for outlook only syncs with the database that I am in and not the switch in user database. I work with two advisors who have redtail, and I know many people who do, so it would help quite a bit to have this capability.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Confetti when workflows are completed

A fun suggestion that my office and I had was when someone completed a workflow a little confetti burst came across the screen after you clicked the complete button. It always feels so good to complete a task/workflow that we thought having some confetti fly across the screen would be really fun.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Contact Name to Notification Subject Line

For new activities: Add name of contact in email subject other than "Redtail CRM: An activity has been updated." This will allow us when viewing the many notifications for daily RT activities to pick and choose which ones to look at or address immediately. If an activity is updated 2 or 3 times, there are 2 or 3 notifications. This is okay but it makes it redundant and not timely to look at most critical activities first. Especially in a busy environment where activities are getting updated and added quite a bit throughout the day.

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Could we allow clients/prospects to schedule appts directly from our company's website

Desire to be able to set parameters, and then allow clients/prospects to schedule appts directly from our company website to our Redtail Calendar.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. save clone and complet activity

Please give us the ability to save, clone, and complete activity in one step.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?