CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Activity Privacy Options- change default from Everyone or allow users to change default

The new Activity Privacy Option defaults to Everyone. Few if any databases are going to want Everyone to see activities or to see colored blocks on their calendar marked Private. That means thousands and thousands of changes to activity privacy display. INSTEAD, change the default to Only Attendees, OR, allow users to change their default.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. loan values

I'd like to have a field to enter the As-of date for loan values. We can enter the $ value now, but no date.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Received  ·  1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. electronic correspondence flag

Adding an electronic correspondence indicator to the contact's main screen. This would allow us to see quickly if the client is set up for snail mail for all correspondence, or if they prefer electronic version. We would also be able to pull reports quickly based on this indicator.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. create a way to see previous year withdrawal amounts rather than just Total withdrawals under payments.

Currently when updating contract withdrawals for the year you can only see one amount showing "total withdrawals". Would be nice to be able to make sure that you hadn't already added in the current years by being able to check to see what figures had been added for previous years. This would be for the annual update on account overview under payment information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Account status (open or closed) to all reports that pertain to accounts.

On Most Reports and the analytics on the Overview page we would NOT want to include closed accounts.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Received  ·  michelle.machiri responded

Except for ‘Accounts by Unlinked’ report, we recently added the ability to sort accounts by status. I have however added your request to be able to filter by status.

6. Rolling Monthly Calendar

Currently those who use monthly calendar view can't see more than a week into the following month. For example its the 29th day of the month I can only see the first week of the next month. Even though the next month is only a few days away. However, if its the first day of the month I can see the entire month. I go from a drop and click methodology to move appointments for the first two weeks of the month to a click and edit methodology the last weeks just because I can't see enough of my calendar…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the sub-Contact lists "movable"...especially Memberships

I am constantly going into Memberships and would like to be able to get to it a little quicker than having to go to "more" and then drop down the list. The ability to rearrange those Contact choices would be great.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reminder Reports - Account Renewals

Currently in the Reminders Reports, the available data is Contact Name, ID, Account Number, Account Company, and the Renewal Date.

If we want to be able to call clients regarding their insurance premium coming due, and we have annuities mixed in with the life insurance under account renewals, we cannot tell at a quick glance which life insurance clients need to be called for their account renewals and premiums due.

Can we add the account type and account product to the reminders section of this report when it pops up and/or be able to filter it in and out of…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tag Group and and Client Lists - Data Export and Printing Options

Looking for a way to export (to Excel or text) and print the client list so that I can see all the Tag Groups and to which each client is assigned to. This feature would be very helpful in both current client management and new client setup. I would like to be able to look at this data in various ways and to print checklists by Tag Group and client. Thank you!

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reduced screen to full content

I have to have my screen setting on IE11 set to zoom 125%. This causes a problem when I add an activity and am unable to see update or complete button unless I stop and reduce settings to 100%. Is there anyway to resolve this

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Received  ·  0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. birthday

Make Birthday Reminder List:
    1) month by month via 12 individual links for each month (like on old redtail)
    2) Exportable to xcel BY MONTH
    3) Sendable to preset envelopes already uploaded to RT BY MONTH

Currently, Birthday reminder list is a separate list from an advanced search of EVERYONE with that month's birthday. Custom search includes more people than just the birthday reminder list. This forces the user to cross check birthday reminder list for the month against the list that will him/her to print directly... it's not efficient. Forward looking 30/45/60 days for birthdays is appreciated, but not…

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Client Intake Form to email or provide tablet for clients to complete

Would like a client Intake Form they can complete online at home and it automatically populate Redtail client info -- or at least a tablet version so the client can type in their new/updated information.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Know Your Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Important Information

This box houses tons of "important" client info. But the edit box that opens up is too small. Please make the edit box the same size as the Impt Info non-editing box. Additionally, we need a print option for this. It seems like unnecessary steps to make us copy and paste the info to a word document just to print this... There are already too many clicks to navigate through Tailwag.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Appointment request tool

Appointment Request tool
    Could RedTail create a tool for clients to request available appointment times in a specific user's schedule? These would be available based on preset parameters by the user.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Know Your Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calendar schedule maping...

It would be nice if we could have meeting blocks highlighted for intended meeting times. Example: if I wanted 4 meetings set each Tues, Wed, Thurs at 9, 10:30, 1 & 3:30 and not just any time of day, that our assistant would direct meeting to those timeslots and not deviate. If there was a way to cause a 'hilight' so it looked different on the calendar and it disappear when that slot was filled. Thank you!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Received  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Accounts should show the Title: Eg. John Paul and Sue Johns Joint TOD

Accounts should show the Title: Eg. John Paul and Sue Johns Joint TOD so that each account that pulls from your feed wether its DST Vision or Albridge Solutions etc that it will show who the owner is and how it is titled, along with another with this all showing on the Reports. Right now we pull up RT or a Report of accounts and there is no ownership designation so could be an IRA or NQ or Joint we wouldn't know... Please have this viewable in RT and on the reports.

222 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Uploading contacts into Redtail CRM

We should be able to upload contacts into the Redtail CRM without having to go thru the helpdesk. This isn't an uncommon activity anymore. Other CRM's allow this to happen.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. working Lists

export a list into a spread sheet... like a list of prospects, make notes in a column(s) like "contacted prospect, not interested now, call back in 1 month." then import it back into the crm data base... notes added automatically, follow up activities added... allows more efficient way to work groups within the database.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Custom Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adding more spaces for People Insured

The ability to add more than 2 people insured in an account under ownership, especially for individual medical. This gives it the ability to link to all family members.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base