CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Activities saved as draft

When creating an activity, it would be really helpful to have that activity saved as a draft if you inadvertently leave the activity before saving it. If nothing else, a pop-up asking whether you're sure you want to leave an unsaved activity would help keep us from forgetting and losing all of the activity detail we already entered.

276 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We need to be able to separate AUM account balances from FIA account balances!!!

We are needing to be able to add the balance of a Fixed Index Annuity' (FIA) without the account balance adding to the Assets Under Management (AUM) balance. We need there to be a different section for FIA's account info to go into.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Received  ·  2 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Block viewing rights to individual investment accounts within a particular client's account.

It would be helpful to block viewing rights to individual investment accounts within a particular client's account, without blocking the entire client's record. We have some staff members that have been able to integrate their outside investment accounts into their own Redtail client records, but do not want the entire office to view these outside investment accounts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calendar: All Day icon in Tailwag is in wrong place

When you want to enter a new activity in the calendar, you need to undo the check mark for All Day if the activity takes place at a certain time. However, the time slots are above the All Day check mark. It should be the other way around. The All Day check mark should be ABOVE the time to start and end activity.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. One Click Copy to Clipboard

In other industries I've used CRMs where I could click on address or phone for instance to copy to my clipboard for easy pasting elsewhere.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. additional primary contact

It would be great if there was room for more than 1 Primary contact or a Secondary contact. Sometimes I need more people associated with a client, but do not necessarily need to add them in as a contact.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Know Your Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you link a contact's work address with that of their employer?

We would like the address of a business to display as the work address of a linked contact.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the option for automations to trigger on the scheduled date of activities rather than on the date of their creation

Currently if you want to set up an automation that triggers by an added activity the only option is to have the automation complete when the activity is initially created. With this system it is impossible to set an automation up for a future date.

I suggest that an option is made for automations to be triggered on the scheduled date of an activity as opposed to only allowing the automation to occur when the activity is initially created.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Trigger Events

To expand on a few of the other suggestions, it would be helpful to have more Trigger Event options in the Automation function. The ability to customize the Trigger Events would be really helpful as well.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Account Risk Tolerance and Time Horizon Fields

It would be nice if the fields under an Account for Investment Objective, Time Horizon, and Risk Tolerance could match up with those of my BD new account forms. Currently only the Investment Objective list can be modified in RT. Could you make it so we could modify the lists for Risk Tolerance and Time Horizon as well thus creating a list of choices that match up with those of our respective BDs?
    Thanks.

268 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Account Experience Field

The current field for "Experience" under a given account asks for the number of years of experience. This presents a problem as time goes by since an answer of "5" years of experience, I assume would not change next year or in any future years, but would stay the same at "5". A better way to fill the field would be to show Experience SINCE and then have the user choose a year. This way, as the years pass, the program could calculate the number of years of experience. Our BD has recently made this change for the same reasons.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Account Type List

Tail Wag. Trying to figure out the intended use of the Account Type List. Saw the RT provided list which included Product types like "Mutual Fund" and "Annuity", But it also included terms like "401(k)". Since a 401(k) could hold Mutual Funds, I was confused. So I looked at the other Account Fields available to narrow down what might be the proper use for the Account Type field. There are fields for "Product", "Account Tax Name" and there is an "Insured Field" that would distinguish insurance accounts from investment accounts. So it seems that the Account Type field could be…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make ALL Fields Searchable in the Advanced Search

If the fields are there, they should be searchable so that we can sort our data how we need to. I know it's a lot of work, but it would make Redtail so much more usable for marketing and servicing clients.

Primary Phone
    Primary Email
    Preferred (is phone, is email, is address, is empty, is not empty, etc.)
    Account Renewal Date

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add the confidential personal profile to your exports for a group - this is listed as a "common task" and we use it for every client.

We use this form every day all day for incoming clients. It would be nice to be able to print them all at once instead of one by one. We are in a project where we need all clients printed at one time and it is very frustrating to print 600 of these individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bulk Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. default values for every field

Kindly enhance the system where i can setup default values for many of the fields For example, if i want a particular team to be given access or notified most of the time, I should be able set that as a default instead of selecting the same every time i create a task or opportunity. Ability to select defaults should be provide to most if not ALL fields.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a search field for contact pictures.

My boss wants to be able to add photos for all contacts that do not already have one. Having the ability to search for the picture field with the 'Is Empty (NULL)' operand would be amazing.

Thank you for your time.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. There should be a drop menu for subject

There should be a drop down menu for subject when you are creating a task, appointment, etc. for common or repeated subjects. ie: Call & Confirm, Annual Review.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base