CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add a designated beneficiary area for beneficiary information.

Memberships isn't good enough. Adding beneficiaries to individual accounts is too time consuming. What I'm surprised Redtail doesn't offer is a designated area for beneficiary information (like a tab under Know Your Client). For our office, beneficiaries usually are the same across all accounts, minus a couple here and there. It would be nice if we had a specific region that would have the following:

Beneficiary Name
    Beneficiary Type (Primary, Contingent, etc)
    Relationship
    Date of Birth
    Social Security Number
    Percentage

As well as, a place to add accounts manually AND link accounts, not one or the other. It would be…

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it possible to change a client's next review date without changing first review date!

It is frustrating when we need to move a client's 'next review date' to another month - go to Edit and only option is to change 'FIRST review date' thus losing that information; there should be an option to change 'NEXT review date.'

445 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Client Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow grouping of client birthdays by representative, etc. to be saved.

Why can't we save our preferences for grouping client birthdays by serving or writing rep, etc.? And for that matter, I'd love it if you'd bring back the option from earlier versions that allowed us to add upcoming birthdays to the home page along with activities, etc. Thanks,
    H

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Broadcast E-mai:l Add e-mail merge field option "Primary Contact" for our Business Clients

Rosalyn Davis
    Jun 4, 12:05 PM
    Would like to send broadcast e-mails to "Business Clients" and have primary company contact's NAME inserted into salutation. Especially helpful for our group retirement business clients, or vendors, etc. Example Dear <<Primary Contact>>., Mail merge is currently geared toward Individual Clients only.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Broadcast Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View assets by company

I'd like to be able to pull up client records for all clients with accounts at specific companies. It'd be nice to click on a company's name from the "accounts" tab and see a record of all clients currently invested with that company. I know we can do this for employers (I can click on an employer and see all of the contacts associated with that employer). This would be exceptionally helpful for situations where there are big changes to a company and clients with those holdings need to be notified, such as an alternative investment going public and converting…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable a way to hide the "from" email addresses in broadcast email

Enable a way to hide the "from" email address in broadcast email. If you send an email to an active internal client list, and they don't have the SMTP username email saved (the email address used to send the broadcast email), then the "Email From" category in preferences works fine (they will first see what you put in that field IE company name). However, if you dont want clients to hover over their email they receive and see that the "Email from" company name has a personal company email linked...there is no such feature. This seems to be a simple…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Broadcast Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Mail Merge Field for excluding deceased spouse/ family members

This is a problem for our bulk correspondence with clients, as a spousenickname-firstname field still turns up the deceased's name in our letters. Please add an option to exclude this.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. All-inclusive Report

It would be great to have one inclusive report that will include ALL of the following in one report: Contact information, Memberships, Notes (could be up to a year), Open Activities, Accounts, Assets and Liabilities, Liabilities, Client Review information, Financial Information,
    Important Information, Misc Client Info, Professional Contacts. The custom exporting tool doesn't seem to deliver all these in one report.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Custom Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mask client account numbers

Mask client account numbers, or give an option to hide it. This is a confidentiality issue.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to update addresses for a business and linked employees together, not individually.

When updating an address for a business that has multiple employees linked by membership, it would be ideal for the linked employees (contacts) work address be updated to match their coinciding work place. If they are all linked together why should they not change. It is a waste of time to go through individually for each employee of that business and update their work addresses. Especially if you have over 50 employees linked to that particular business.
    Over all I think that the membership/linked contacts should be linked more clearly that just seeing them for a point of reference.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Financials

Under the main contact page for a client towards the bottom under the "Financials" section make it so we do not have to choose from a drop down list but instead can put our own info. We utilize Riskalyze and get a number for risk tolerance from a questionnaire to the client. Then we get a number from their actual portfolio with us and it would be good to have these both in this spot.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Know Your Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Activate all fields on the Account page for report generation

For trading purposes, we need a report that shows all accounts with regular draws or deposits. Currently, we can store this kind of data in RT but cannot report on it. A Monthly Draws and Contributions by Account report would be great!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Activity Creator should get notification of task completed

Currently, when I create a task for an employee, I have to list myself as well in order to be notified by email when they complete the task. I would prefer to not list myself because the overview page lists "2 users" in the assigned to box and I cannot easily tell who the task is for (me or my employee). I would rather that you create a preference option that allows whoever assigned the tax to be automatically emailed when the task is completed. Also, it would be nice if Tailwag did not automatically put my name in the…

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort tasks by the time and day created, rather than just day.

This will keep tasks in FIFO (First In, First Out) order for assistants servicing multiple advisors.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add more Primary Contacts

We use this tab at the bottom of the Contact record page to add info on their emergency contacts. We have had clients die and not known how to reach their next of kin. Sometimes they give us 2 or 3 people to try and reach.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If a new contact being entered is associated with business ALREADY in the system (i.e. works there), than allow prefill work tel/addy/etc.

Prefill work info or allow to use existing business contact info for entry of new contact individual if this individual is associated with a business contact during data entry.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Contact List more organized

One suggestion to make the contact list a little more appealing
    would be to have a client and then have the "+" next to their name
    which could allow to expand on that client and see the family members
    (spouse, children, etc) without having all of them on the list with
    other clients. I feel that having someone's spouse or child
    information just clutters the main goal of the contact list. I just
    feel this would be more appealing and useful in my own opinion. And of
    course when you do not need the family info, you can click the…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. beneficiaries

Create a standard report that list all beneficiaries for all accounts and policies. Or, at at a minimum, enable the ability to create an export report that list all beneficiaries for all accounts and policies.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. On the Personal Profile form could you add the "know your client" information/sections to the form?

The personal profile form is great, but we would like to see the "know your client" information or sections added to that form. We would like to utilize this form when clients come into the office, they could look over a printed off form and make any changes or updates to their profile.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Triggers

It would be exponentially helpful to expand triggers to include options related to office processes! (ie, 'appointment completed', certain activity added to a calendar, workflows). This would create a lot of efficiency through automating those processes, versus the automation related to data that is currently offered.

232 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base