Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. email

Current email feature within Redtail does not allow files to be attached from two different locations (folders). Doing so will overwrite the first attachment with the new one. It seems like a defect since this would be unexpected behavior and no message is provided to the user that the prior attachment(s) have been removed by attaching subsequent files.

I request that this feature be added or this defect be fixed to allow adding attachments from more than one folder without deleting the previously attached files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integration that pulls news/obituary alerts for selected RT contacts (clients mostly)

This would work similarly to Google Alerts (but hopefully without having to enter each name individually into the alert search feature). This would enhance advisor ability to celebrate good news with clients or find out about deaths sooner than when a family member notifies (sometimes so late we can't attend the funeral). Would be nice if alerts could be sent via user email as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ability to add alerts to a record that shows at top of record

Ability to do a custom alert on a record that shows at the top like deceased does...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Alerts and Warnings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search Workflows by Text

I would like to have a way to search Workflows. I title my Workflows, but it gets lost among all the other 60 plus workflows listed. I would like the ones that are titled the same to stay together, or if they could be alphabetized. Currently it's just a hodge podge of titles, and it takes a while to find the one I'm looking for.

Thank you,
    Mary Newman

(username Mary Newman)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding Contact Role Advisor at Contact Level to Owner/Role Role/Advisor at Workflow Template Level

We are a 2-person shop with no staff. Some clients are joint while others are solo for either advisor.

At the contact record level under "Contact Roles" the Advisor is assigned solely to that client if a solo client and for joint clients one advisor is assigned as Advisor and other advisor is assigned as "Associate Advisor".

When setting up a workflow automation from a meeting creation for the client record, we'd like for the workflow to be assigned to the Advisor to then carry out all the steps of the workflow template. Currently, "Role/Advisor" at contact record level is…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Manual Task Due Dates

Manual Due Dates - depending on the outcome of the step can there be a way to create a follow-up to that step by the date you chose?

For instance -Scheduling a meeting: Contact client is your step and the outcome is left message. I need to follow-up and call the client again in 2-3 days or maybe 30 days because they are out of town. The way the workflow currently works now everything is based of the target date and depending on the day you call you can't use a set date from the target date as a follow-up.…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Pop-up alert when scheduling a task/appointment for someone that is busy

A pop-up alert when scheduling a task/appointment for someone that already has an appointment booked for that time slot or is out of the office all day.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. select attendees

Please return the ability to select attendees for an activity with the keyboard. We used to be able to the arrow keys to highlight the attendee and hit enter to select attendee. Now it is greyed out and we MUST use a mouse. This is very inconvenient. Also, please STOP rearranging the order of the attendees upon selection,

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. user defined fields - allow list of values and free text

When I create a udf and have a list of values, I often have to use "other" as an option, but when I do this, there is no way for the user to enter free text. "Other" should be a hard-coded option that immediately offers the user a free text option. This would allow us to use the list of values option more often. As it is, we have to use free text for just about everything.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Display a warning or automatically select the closest review date if frequency skips next review based on an invalid date.

If a review frequency is chosen that causes the next review to fall on a date that doesn't exist, display a warning or automatically select the closest next review date in that month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dark Mode - Google has this feature. White background becomes black to help eye sight.

Our office staff sits in front of a computer 8-10 hours a day. White background is brighter and causes more strain/fatigue in eyesight. A "dark mode" would help minimize that feeling/strain.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. workflow task creation date

Add Workflow Task creation date as a field in the task. The field is auto-generated when the Workflow Task is assigned. When a Step is completed and the next set of Tasks is initialized, each of those Tasks should be assigned a 'Task Creation Date'.

When looking at open tasks, it would be good to be able to look at Tasks older than 90 days, 30 days, etc.

It would be nice to also be able to use this to auto-set Due Dates. That is, being able to set a Due Date of '5 days after Task created/assigned'

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. workflow task

Change "complete" for Workflow steps and tasks to a button control rather than a simple text hyperlink. Users are confused and see the word "complete" after a task and assume that is the current state of the task/step. A button control is more indicative of something that causes an action.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Start Date to Workflow Report

Please add the Start Date to the Workflow reports. I want to be able to easily track how long it is taking for my team to complete workflows. That data is being recorded in the timeline, but it is not available in a report. I would like to avoid having to dig for that data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Start and Complete Date for Activities Reports

Please add the Start Date and Complete Date to the Activities reports. I want to be able to easily track how long it is taking for my team to complete certain tasks. That data is being recorded in the timeline, but it is not available in a report. I would like to avoid having to dig for that data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Email mail merge fields

Add "Email" field from contact record as Email merge field. In general a request to make the email template merge options as robust as the traditional snail mail mail merges.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Broadcast Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding RMD INFO. Tab - nexto Misc Client Info

Adding new Tab next to Misc Client Info - RMD Info.- so we can add Client RMD info instead of using UDF's or Important Info. It would be easier/quicker to find (at a glance) & make it to where we could either use copy/paste or creating your own template.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A global setting that would put spouses name in the Additional Linked Contact field automatically

We are selection the spouse's name with every married client for the Additional Linked Contact field. What if there was a Global Setting the defaulted the spouse into that field. You could always delete it if you did not want the note copied to her contact.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Multiple User Defined Fields to a single contact at a time. (not just the bulk contact option)

Right now we can only add one UDF to a single contact at a time. It would be nice to be able to select multiple udfs at a time to a single contact instead of having to click 30 times to get all the udfs needed for a new client added.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)