CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Complete workflow task in a later step

Be able to complete a task that is NOT in the current step. So if I have 3 steps and I haven't finished step 1 yet, I would still like to be able to mark a task in step 3 as "complete."

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Undo a step in the workflow

You should be able to undo a step in a workflow. Sometime we make a mistake or click to many times and complete a task when it shouldn't be. If the task is the last task of the step it completes the step and moves to the next and you can't go back.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keep default settings in Calendar for Users and Types

After clearing cache and cookies for Google browser, the Users and Types reverts back to "All," despite that I only use certain of those.
    Keep those setting defaults to the ones I've chosen so I'm not having to reselect all of those each time browser settings are cleared.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contact Templates

Allow users to create a "Contact Template" to set defaults (writing advisor, servicing advisor, permissions, advisor, associate advisor, CSA, keywords, and tag groups) based on a template.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. From app add more than 1 contact to a note

Very frequently notes would apply to multiple contacts most commonly spouses. The desktop version handles this just fine, but from the app it is impossible to have more than 1 contact linked to the note. for now that means I make the note then go to the note and copy and paste to the spouse.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. notes: notify user/team automatically

in preferences I would like the option to receive notification every time a note is entered.
    Said differently I want to option set a default notify user or team so that people don't have to remember to select notify user everytime.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Calendar Update Notifications

When a calendar activity has been assigned to a team member they are notified via email. When the activity has been deleted/removed from the calendar, the tagged attendees are not notified of the deletion and now opening in their calendar. This would be a helpful use of the calendar system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add COMMENTS to NOTES on Today tab

When opening Today tab, everyone is able to see the Notes all team members have entered recently. We also need to see the COMMENTS added to Notes -- they are often just as important or more important than the initial note itself.

Working remotely, we need to see all updates and conversations going on. This would really help to see the comments since that is where updating is being entered. Put them in the tally graph as well. They are truly all Notes!

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. basic contact card expanded

I want to go to a client's contact card and see everything I need like Name, d.o.b.soc sec, address phone, email cell employer etc.. This is so basic and I don't want to have to run a freekin report. This has t be the easiest fix and needed by everyone. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Attach document when creating bulk activity

When creating activity from a tag group, I need to attach a pdf document. Right now, I have to go back to the individual activities after they are created to add the same document to each one. It would be very helpful if there was an option to add the document to the activity during the creation stage.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bulk Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Family Tree Mapping

With so many complicated family trees of divorces, 2nd and 3rd marriages, and children mixes among, I would like an improvement on the family tree mapping. I want to be able to look at a client and see their relationships to other clients in a more visual way than just the memberships tab. Thank you.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Family  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Accounts should stay visibly linked to activities once completed, just like a note

When we're working on tasks related to specific accounts, we link those accounts to the tasks. Once we complete them, that link is only visible if you click back in to the completed task or go directly to the related account. What we'd like to see is for the linked accounts to show up in the bottom right of the entry, just like they do when you link an account to a note.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please provide unlimited trigger options

In order to make systems more automated and instead of having to manually create a bulk action to send a broadcast email, I would like to have some emails automatically sent when an Activity Category is changed within a workflow.

Because Redtail Automations are frustratingly limited and only provide an option to email user, email team, link workflow or set field, there should be a way within Redtail to have a review confirmation email, no reply email or thank you email to automatically send when changing the activity category or if there is another trigger and action that would get…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Activity notes in mobile app

In the mobile app, we're currently unable to view or add notes linked to an activity. Since the workflow limitations cause work-arounds using activities, the ability to review and/or add notes to an existing activity would be helpful. We need to have a consistent experience whether we're working via the browser on our computers or the app on our mobile devices. The incompleteness of the mobile app in this manner makes it difficult to fully embrace the functionality of Redtail if we're unable to count on the consistency across platforms.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Link opportunities to the calendar. Particularly link close dates.

When creating an opportunity, link the close date for the particular opportunity to your calendar. It prevents adding another step and makes using the Opportunity function seamless.
    Anna Dujan

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. be able to print all workflow letters at one time

Have an option to generate all workflow letters at one time. We use workflows for our onboarding process and appointment process. We probably generate 15-20 letters daily some days there are alot more. We need a feature to generate all of these to print at once.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Phonetic Spelling/Pronunciation Field

Contact field that explains to the user how to pronounce a client's name

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Creating a contact for the employer field should be an option, not automatic.

This idea was originally posted in 2015 and again in 2017. I want to bring it back up. Having a new contact created when Employer field is used is not helpful for most. If we want to track a company due to the amount of clients, we use keywords or tag groups. This data makes the database messy, especially when you have multiple people entering and one person abbreviates and the other doesn't. We put the employer information in with the Job Title just so it doesn't create an additional contact. That is our current work around.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add writing advisor to No Contact report filter

We use servicing advisor to show who is the rep on the account but we use writing advisor to show who is responsible for the account. It would be useful for us to be able to run no contact report by writing advisor.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reduce bold size font in saved emails

Reduce font when saving Redtail email to Notes in CRM.

Whenever I type an email from the CRM email address and save it as a note, it saves it in a HUGE BOLD font. Can this be made smaller?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base