Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. Super Admin

This request is more so for managing database users & teams, but could be related to several items that require security checks or DBO access. We could really use a Super Admin feature within the CRM. As we know, DBOs are not always so hands on with Redtail, so it would be beneficial if there was a role in between Admin and DBO that would allow users with super admin rights to make changes such as editing Optional User Rights. This would also help reduce calls/tickets for security checks because the super admin would have access directly via the system.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To increase security and access to client information as admin we should be able to turn on/off login access for users.

Our old crm allowed admin to turn on/off access per hours worked for employees. We see limiting access to client records after office hours as a security benefit to our clients. Admin should be able to authorize access for each user for set hours and turn off the access if user is on vacation or out sick.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A preference setting to set the default filter dates on opportunities

Every time I look at a contact's opportunities, I am met with the screen "No matching records found." The default filter dates for opportunities - especially now that it is a new year - is too short of a time window. Every morning, I have to reset the dates to two or three years back to view what is still out there. It can cause a way for some opportunities to be lost in the shuffle.

I suggest a preference setting in the preferences menu to set a particular time window as the default for when looking at a contact's…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Log out timing control by database owner-not user big security risk

Redtail has a massive security risk in that users control how long they are logged in for ,not the database user. If someone leaves a machine unlocked, they could stay active in redtail for 12 hours. Company policy is meaningless if we have o way to control nor even see the settings. Please get rid of all day log in or better yet give database owner control of that

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Speak client list by last name

Have option to change SPEAK client list by last name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. golden retriever replaced?

Just went to log in to redtail and saw what looks like a black and white springer spaniel on the login page. I thought this CRM system is only for financial advisors who like/love Golden Retrievers. What's next...a pitbull?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. User Restriction for Receptionist/Scheduler

It would be nice if I could restrict my receptionist (who needs access to the calendar to schedule appointments) to only have access to see the contact name and the calendar and not all the other sensitive info such as DOBs, Socials, Account numbers, etc.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. upload pdf into email signature

If we could take an image and upload it into our email signature (pdf, jpg) rather than needing a URL to do this.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preferences - Only past due and next 30 day tasks appear on client record

Currently, on the client home page, Past Due and Next 30 tasks appear by default. Please make this a preference. We work with our clients on an every 4-6 week basis and when we come into the record would like to be able to see when our next interaction is scheduled for. If we could change (as a preference) this to Past Due and Next 60 days, it would make the information on this page much more useful for us. I understand that this is not something that everyone would like, so feel that adding it as a PREFERENCE would…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Activities Permissions - with AND without

we have run into many issues with this as we grow. with multiple advisors now we are working through implementation of privacy settings. Teams need to be disabled for cleanup and I cannot determine where we need to apply or update permissions across the universe so as not to have a multitude of activities that show as "private" and no user being able to update them because a team has been "disabled" While not asking RT to change/update ANY activities for permissions it would be imperative as admin to determine which activities are set to whom for privacy so we…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search Bar - Manager Look-up

Currently, when I receive calls, I look up the client in the search bar. The search bar contains a. Name b. Occupation and C. Status.

I think we should be able to adjust our settings to see what is most efficient for us.

For example - Incoming calls are usually a client who is returning a call from their Servicing Adviser or their designated support team. If I were to be able to quickly look up the name, I would be able to route calls more quickly.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enter email twice when entering new Users

As an Admin in the account I add users, and noticed that the email for each new user is only requested once. If an email is misspelled, there is no check performed by Redtail. If one did have to enter the email address twice, the system could alert Admins to any misspellings in one of the email addresses by giving an error message that the emails do not match.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Permissions

Couple of things related to permissions.
    First, each user should be able to set the default permission of the contacts, actives', and notes they create (separate setting for each). As a db owner managing a group of 15 or so advisors on separate teams its annoying to go through and fix the contacts they forgot to permission.

Second, inconjunction with the first, have the option to allow the db owner to force permissions of notes and activities to always be the same as contacts and to change when contact permissions change. This would make a much simpler process in a…

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. header

It would be great if on each screen we can pick what information we would like to see. For instance, right now when I click on contact records I can see the headers "name" "status" "category" "source" and "type". I would like to be able to add different headers sometimes. Maybe for what I'm doing I need to see social security numbers insteaf of "source". Just having that flexibility to easily add or remove what I want to see would make this system so much better.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Join all team members into client's Speak room

We are a team of four and each of us would like to joint a client's Speak room to get notifications. Right now, whenever I add a client to Speak, I have to ensure each team member also goes in and joins the room once it is connected. Is there a way to automatically join all four of us at once?

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. morningstar

Within Morningstar we are able to customize the benchmark we show for reports. Within Redtail the S&P is the default benchmark. Would love a way to customize the Morningstar reports utilized/printed within Redtail. Thank you!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Manage Database List

It would be nice if in the "Manage Database Lists" section if we had the ability to remove default category types and other defaulted information for cleaning up our CRM.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. privacy

Right now the permission level hides or forbids people not in that team to see anything related to the client. I like to have a privacy where they can see the client and the contact information (basics) so what a CRM should be, but cannot see the financials or notes, etc...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide Default Categories (AGAIN)

While I realize this has been requested numerous times in the past, and has been rejected and had the conversations closed, I would like to reopen the discussions for hiding the default categories that Redtail creates for all users.

Many of us like specific naming formats or descriptions for categories, especially when reviewing reports, and it would be nice if we didn't have to scroll through "similar" descriptions when selecting things like Account Asset Type, Account Type, Activity Types, etc.

For example, I like to categorize equity funds as either International Developed or Emerging Markets (for Growth, Value, and Blend).…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Imaging Permissions

In Imaging, adding the ability to set permissions or restrictions on libraries, limiting who can view what library. We are an OSJ branch that has a few different users of our imaging capability. Unfortunately, we have no way to limit which user can view all of the imaging files. Everyone can see everything since there are no permissions in place.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base