Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

228 results found

1. Combined Email History and Note Report for Household

We would like to be able to export a report that shows all notes and email history for a household. That way when an advisor is ready to go into a meeting he could glance at a report that shows all client communication for the last year (all notes and emails for the household). Right now this is 4 separate reports - notes for both spouses and email history for both spouses.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to sort "Notes by Contact" reports by client name

I'd love to be able to sort the "Notes by Contact" report by client names. That way when viewing you can see the notes/actives chronologically by client vs. just by date. It would be helpful to see all the notes pertaining to each client grouped together.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Personal Profile

Include "Memberships" in the report so we can see the names of adult children and other family members. Or consider including a few customization options in the personal profile form, memberships being one option.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tracking Training Webinars

It would be great to to be able to track what users watch webinars. We want our staff to better utilize the training that RedTail offers and create mandatory webinars to watch by certain dates. However, right now its more of an honor code if they complete the training since there is no way to track it

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. No contact report

No Contact Report - The report pulls from Activities. Can it be all inclusive to include workflows and E-mail history? There are plenty of e-mail touches that do not require an Activity to be created.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. report grouping by family

When I export a report showing activities by contact it lists the contact(s). It would be nice to have a field to allow me to sort by "family" and not have the wife's activities cluster together, the husband's activities cluster together, the activities with both of them cluster together.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make an option to output the Beneficiary Report landscape

Please have an option somewhere to switch the beneficiary report to landscape -- we use the report in our client reviews and all other pages are landscape. Thank you!

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For the Activities Reports, it would be nice if you added one more column - Contact status. That would be so helpful. Thank you.help

For the Activities report, it would be so nice if you added one more column for contact status. This would be so helpful. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Quicklist Auto Update

It does not appear that Quicklists automatically update as new contact groups are entered or when existing contact groups are modified.

This would definitely be a time saving feature.

Please let me know if this is in the works.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Personal Profile Form & User Defined Fields

Please update form to be able to select multiple User Defined Fields to add to a client's report. It makes sense to allow more customization within this report so that we are able to print a presentable report to the financial advisor for review in client meetings. For different clients, we may require different information so please allow us to customize this report. The only other option for a report that incorporates all the necessary detail is to print it in a messy excel spreadsheet. Not acceptable in a client meeting. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. large report export

Time and resources need to be spent on upgrading the capability of your reporting functions. It is little use to me to be able to pull a report (activities by contact for example) that is 1000 lines long and then not be able to export it.

Contacts to support are met with "make the report smaller" this is tedious, hit or miss and extremely time consuming and frustrating.

It is amazing to me that such a powerful CRM cannot handle the simple export of data larger than about 180kb

While you are at it, the ability to schedule the same…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Contacts not Permissioned, Filter by Type of Contact

When running the Contact NOT permissioned report, we should have the ability to identify each contact by the type of contact they are (individual, business, trust etc..). I know in our firm, we usually do not permission companies unless the company themselves are our clients. Because of that, our report for this feature has 100's of business names mixed with individuals and we would love to filter between the two

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Contact Record Return To Report

Is there a way to go back to a Report if, after you have ran the report, you click on one of the Contacts and then want to return to the Report? I just ran a Fiduciary report and then clicked on a Contact but didn't see an option to RETURN to the REPORT; the only way would be to OPEN the Contact in a new tab/window?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need a company spreadsheet showing all Joint Accounts with the joint owner listed next to them.

We need a company spreadsheet showing all Joint Accounts with the joint owner listed next to them. Not all joint owners are spouses and after integrating we need to validate information to make sure all accounts are listing under the co-owner.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Primary number and address stand out on Personal Profile Form

On the Confidential Personal Profile form, it would be helpful to have the "Primary" contact information stand out among the rest of the numbers and addresses listed. The Primary numbers and addresses are mixed in with all of the others on the form, with no way to differentiate.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If favorite contacts, why not favorite reports?

It must have been a slow month for the developers when all they came up with was the ability to make a contact a favorite.

How about being able to create standing reports that can be re-RUN instead of re-CREATED every time they're needed?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add "account source" column to Accounts by Status export to filter "manually entered" vs. "from feed"

I would like to be able to filter all account by status "manually entered" vs. "from feed" once I export them to Excel document. Right now this column and option is missing. It is only available through RT reports, but it does not export to file.

Could you please add "account source" column to Accounts by Status export to filter "manually entered" vs. "from feed"? Thank you.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to filter 'Notes by User - All Time' report by date

I would love the ability to filter the 'Notes by User - All Time' report by time period. That would be great!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Account filter to generate that report export

When I run and advanced search and lets say, search for account status open, I get a list of contacts that have open accounts. However, when I try to export this list, I get ALL accounts that the contacts that may have had 1 or 2 accounts that were open, now showing ALL their accounts. This is a terrible process as then I have to manually remove the account statuses I never wanted in the first place again. Your filter tool should be able to filter account data all the way to the report export otherwise it's not very useful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add opportunity value to prospect reports

My boss needs to be able to see prospective client info and the opportunity value they might bring to the firm, as well as opportunity value for those clients who have termed, and the opportunity value of clients who are involved in a workflow according to the owner of the workflow for business plan purposes during meetings. It would be great to be able to do this!! Its great that I can pull up a list of all prospective clients, but being able to print a report that shows this client list along with the opportunity value totaled at the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base