Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

75 results found

1. favorites

Please add a way to turn off the Favorites feature. It is not a tool that I use and the big stars next to the clients name is distracting. I would like to have the ability to turn it off.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Favorites Feature

I would prefer that there be a setting that allows me to click on contacts and immediately see my contacts list, not the favorites list. Right now, I have not seen any way to change this. While the favorites feature is useful in some aspects, I would much prefer to be taken immediately to my whole contacts list instead of just the favorites when I click on Contacts.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. MFA - allow user to set default method for multi-facto authentication

Allow the data base owner or user to set the default multifactor authentication method and require additional information to switch to a different method (this is more secure) and would take less time for users.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove default options in database lists

In Database Lists... there are default options we cannot remove. I understand that it's good to give us some basic directions, but there should be a toggle switch that allows us to "Turn Off Database List Defaults" if we are comfortable with our own framework and do not need Redtail's. Those extra no frills options really clutter up the dashboard!

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add a preference option to make the left menu collapsible

It would be nice to select whether or not the menu shows on the left.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Red is a distressing color, please allow alternative colors like blue.

I know this may seem trite, BUT stop using the color red/gray and/or allow other color alternatives to the template. I left your CRM because it's red and distracting and stressful to look at all day. As humans, we are conditioned that the color red is bad, or we should beware. It's stressful to look at red. Please allow us to customize the colors, it isn't that hard to code. Drab gray and red are terrible colors to look at all day. I only came back because I was forced to because of your integration options which connect with my…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Password criteria should be shown when creating a new password

When a password expires you have to create a new password. The form has fields for old password, new password and new password confirmation. Nowhere on the screen does it show you the password requirements.

I use a password manager and the default password length used is 20 characters. I entered this and got a message stating the max length was 16. Ok, I changed the password length to 16 and regenerate a password. This was rejected for a new error message, a number or symbol was required.

Please put a static text box on this form that states the…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow beneficiaries to be listed on the personal profile form when printed for clients to review during a meeting

allow for beneficiaries to show up on the personal profile page when printed to allow the client to review all important information during a meeting

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Relocation of Important Information Icon

It would be helpful to relocate the Important Information Exclamation Icon. When information is entered in the Important Information text box, the icon turns red....this is great, except that the icon lives on the right side of the contact banner whereas the User's eye goes directly to the contact name. Because the icon alerts the user to information they should review when accessing the contact, it would be very helpful to relocate it on the left side of the banner to get immediate attention by the user. This suggestion is being made after many conversations with Users.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have a demo mode available when using RT account for quick instructions when creating workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc.

Have a demo mode available to activate in RT that gives pop-up quick instructions when setting up workflows/activity templates/ automation, etc. Kind of like that old Word talking paperclip but not as annoying.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export requests need to run in the background

Redtail recently improved the CRM so that linking unlinked accounts kicks off a job that emails you when the linkage is complete. This should be done for any kind of export that normally times out showing the pink unicorn - I.E. trying to export the "contacts permissioned" in one of our databases shows a list 440 pages long which times out every time I attempt to export it. The job should run in the background, email when complete and I should be able to pick it up from the "downloads" section of the CRM.

169 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Password expiration notification

I agree with some of the others saying to lengthen the timeframe that a password needs to be changed, but I have a different idea as well...
    When a password is about to expire, maybe 7 days out, instead of when someone is trying to login and require an IMMEDIATE password change, say your password will expire in 7 days, and then give us the option to change the password at a later time so that we can get into the program and answer the question that somebody just called about, but now we have to try and figure out…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add global time zones

We have clients globally and the lack of time zones is really problematic in using the CRM fully.

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Individual User Preferences to hide or show drop down options within database lists

In my capacity that I work in Redtail, I do not need to see every available drop down option. I want to be able to show or hide ones available.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. dark mode

Dark Mode!

Having Dark Mode makes looking at the Computer Screen a lot easier on the eyes, especially since we use RedTail throughout the day. As Cell Phones, Email, and others have started to adopt this feature, I believe RedTail should give their users the option to do so.

196 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to Re-Organize Menu

It would be great to be able to re-organize the menu list on the left side. Especially when we are in a contact to be able to organize them by our most used tabs would be convenient.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need to able to restrict employees from disabling 2 factor

There should be a way to restrict people from enabling a device as a trusted device. By allowing this, one would bypass 2 factor. There is too much secure info in the CRM to allow this.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More control over password requirements and longer/complex passwords allowed

We are having HUGE issues with the 90 day password change requirement AND the short 16 characters allowed.

TheNational Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) changed their guidelines in 2017 to say that more frequent password changes do not help, but longer passwords do. LastPass, Dashlane, etc. all state the same.

RedTail has some of our clients most private information, but the restriction of 90 days and 16 characters is ridiculous. Change it to 40 characters and 180 or 365 days.

This situation will only get worse - not better - as we move forward and simply staying at the…

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mask PII (SSN, DOB, account numbers) from certain users

We would love to utilize virtual assistant services to handle some of our administrative work. However, we need to make sure they NEVER see any personal ID information (SSN, DOB, Account Numbers). Can you please add a restircted user security level that accomplishes this?

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) Badly Needed ASAP

We have already set up multi factor authentication, but since SMS based 2FA is not 100% secure and becoming less so by the day, we would like to move to U2F which is currently 100% secure. If you are unfamiliar with U2F, here's a link that may help: https://krebsonsecurity.com/tag/u2f/

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base