Redtail Imaging

Welcome to our official CRM feedback forum! Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Did you find a bug in our system? Did you receive an error that we should know about? Use the Categories to indicate what kind of post this is (Feature Request, Bug Report)!

We want to hear from you! How can we improve our CRM software to better serve your business?

We know that you have fabulous ideas and would love to hear what you need our document storage products to do in order to help you transition your office to a paperless environment!

Please use this section to let us know how Redtail Imaging should work, look, and feel!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Redtail Imaging the default option instead of CRM Documents

If a subscriber (advisor) has an Imaging subscription, it would be helpful to have Redtail Imaging be the default when clicking on the Documents tab when viewing a client. Or, it would be nice to have the option to set a default! Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Linking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit after scanning

I would like to be able to edit a pdf in Imaging, specifically to reduce the size of the scan after it is uploaded directly to Redtail. I can do this when I scan to the hard drive and then upload, but not when I scan directly into Imaging.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put folder search results above individual file search results in Imaging

Currently, when we search, files are listed above folders in search results. However, we are often pulling up a client's folders in Imaging just to add files. We would prefer to look at their folders first, not their documents. If I'm looking for Jane Doe's general file, searching "Doe, Jane" pulls up each document with her name, so we may bypass 50 documents before getting to her folder.

If you changed Imaging so folder search results come up on top, or allowed a setting change to list folders search, that would greatly help us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Permission Folders

There should be a Permissions feature available in Redtail Imaging for Folders. For example, a financial advisor that has their own folder with individual client folders within it should have the ability to be the only one with Permission to view their own folder (outside of database owner of course). It shouldn't be setup so that everyone can view each other's client folders, especially given the stepped up focus on cyber security and identity theft. I am really surprised this hasn't been corrected yet. Thank you.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email attachment from imaging

Please make it easier to attached in a file from Imaging into an outlook email to be sent. please please please :)

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search unlinked folders

We need to be able to search Imaging for folders that don't have a CRM contact linked.

If not a search, maybe add a sort option? We can sort by name, date and size. It would be helpful to sort by "linked" or "not linked."

We need a better way to find unlinked folders in Imaging without opening up each index and scrolling down to look for missing link icons.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide more/easier alternatives for uploading into folders

Would love automatic backup of certain (client) folders on my local hard drive into Imaging so as not to require a select and upload type of transfer into Imaging. (I do have cloud backup of my entire local hard drive into another service, but would love a seamless integration into Redtail CRM through the Imaging service.)

Or even a right click on a file/folder on my hard drive and have an option to upload into Imaging.

All of the current uploading methods take too much work; too many steps in the workflow. The effort is not worth the benefit of…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Retriever for Imaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bulk Indexing

Please add the option to add personal indexes in Redtail Imaging in bulk. We upload quite a few images/documents each quarter; adding indexes on each document separately is not productive at all. There are many ways to do this - you could add a feature in the Retriever that allows us to add indexes when we first upload the document; or allow the option to add the indexes to the folder containing the documents, which would then automatically add the indexes to each document within that folder. Please vote for this new feature - it would save A LOT of…

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make the underlying documents within a file searchable (we can search the text within the image) if we upload them in an OCR format.

make the underlying documents within a file searchable (we can search the text within the image) if we upload them in an OCR format.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow folders to be collapsible in Redtail Retriever.

In Redtail Retriever, it would be so helpful to allow all folders to be opened at the same time, instead of clicking through 4 folders to find a document, you could collapse one folder and view every sub folder and document within. This would be EXTREMELY help with navigation and retrieval of documents. I find myself clicking around a lot just to find what I'm looking for, even in a very organized file system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retriever for Imaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. In redtail imaging have a feature to be able to see the last person(s) you were in - like in redtail.

In imaging have a feature to see the last person you were in like in tailwag.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link Multiple Contacts to Folder at Once

In imaging, when linking contacts to their folders - Along multiple contacts to be linked to the imaging folder. Currently, once you have linked a contact, it takes you back to the list and you have to go thru finding the image folder, right clicking to link another contact, looking up that contact then selecting. When you have a family - (2) parents & multiple kids, Its VERY time consuming.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Linking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Imaging Search - Print and/or Export

Applying searchable indexes is a fantastic way to quickly parse through a lot of data and identify only relevant information. However, sometimes we need that information in more than an on screen result. Please add the capability to print the results of an index search in Imaging. Better yet, it would be incredible if we could export that information to a CSV file.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Choosing and utilizing Indexes in RedTail Imaging

Creating and using indexes in a database is crucially important, but they are hard to figure out for a new user to your Imaging product. A “best practices” guide or example is sorely needed here to help us figure out what needs to be indexed, why we are indexing it and how the system can be used with proper indexes set up. We can then decide and customize our indexes to fit our practices. Just leaving us to figure it out by ourselves is not time efficient and leads to disappointed users.
    A database without indexes is just a list.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sorting Images Without an Institutional Index List

There needs to be a way to sort the list alphabetically vs date updated so that you could index all of a clients files quickly. Date uploaded isn't very helpful. The being able to index multiple files at once is a great improvement, but if all the documents aren't together on the same page it makes it more difficult to be efficient.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search Function in Imaging

be able to search imaging with Rolodex by letter at top... not SCROLL or search ALL files

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to go back to the same place I was in the client list

Currently If I am working, say, in Jane Doe's file, and then go back, I'm taken to the beginning of the alphabet. It would be so much easier if I could just go back to the Doe listing, so I could then do what I need to do for the spouse, or someone nearby in the alphabet.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Imaging times out too quickly - need the ability to stay logged on for longer even if I'm not working on it immediately

Imaging times out too quickly - need the ability to stay logged on for longer even if I'm not working on it immediately

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base