CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notes

I find it frustrating when I open a new note and begin to type I cannot go back into the client to retrieve pertinent information on the client. My work around this has been to open a second Redtail screen to reference the client data. It would be so much more helpful to be able to move the note screen around and navigate through the client information at the same time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More contact information displayed on top banner

In the empty space between a contact's name, employment, and family information on the left and the Edit Basic Info icon on the right, it would be nice to have their primary phone number and email address always visible. Mainly this comes up when I am reviewing old notes and want to call a client referencing these notes.

Currently I have to click out of notes to their main contact page to get their phone number, then click back into notes and hope it loads in time before the call starts.

By always having a contact's phone and email address…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More contact information displayed on top banner

In the empty space between a contact's name, employment, and family information on the left and the Edit Basic Info icon on the right, it would be nice to have their primary phone number and email address always visible. Mainly this comes up when I am reviewing old notes and want to call a client referencing these notes.

Currently I have to click out of notes to their main contact page to get their phone number, then click back into notes and hope it loads in time before the call starts.

By always having a contact's phone and email address…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pop out note box

When typing a redtail note it would be nice if the box would have the option to pop out to a full size screen. It would be nice to see the whole note when typing it out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Activities linked to notes

When you are looking at notes and in the bottom right corner it shows the linked activity, you should be able to click on that activity and have it go to that activi

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Workflow notes should be included in general Notes

It's absurd that notes attached to a step or task in a workflow don't (also) appear in the general Notes of a contact record.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Contact Notes > Notification Option for Comments on Notes

Currently, When You Add Comments to a Contact's Note Section RedTail Does Not (A.) Notify those users originally selected to be notified about the 'New Note'; and (B.) Do Not Give the Drop-down Option to Select If and Who you want To Notify, like you do with New Notes....Please add a function so that Comments on Notes Include the Option to Notify Users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. be able to have a document uploaded directly to note when adding a note.

I'd like to type a note and upload a document to the note on the same note entry.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. window

We need the option to actively search while having an activity or note window open. Should be able to minimize the activity or notes window and actively use Redtail (i.e. look up a different client or our calendar).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow users to put a post-it note on clients' "home page" for info like "John Doe is POA" or "Email hacked on 10/31/19".

We need an easy way to see important or timely information immediately when pulling up a client. You may not know if someone else in the office needs to talk to a client or schedule a review and wouldn't necessarily go through all of the Notes. A Post-It note would immediately get your attention and could be moved to the side of the screen if not needed. And it could be deleted when no longer needed.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. tagging contact in notes with @ sign or some other way

I'd like to see a way to link another contact in someone's notes...example.
    "Nancy called today and told me to call her brother @Robert Killian. He just retired and is looking for help."
    Then Robert Killian is a hyperlink to click on to go directly to his contact record.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Set a Note Category as default view in filters instead of just Note Type

Its Great that we now can default what the note Type is in the CRM from the preferences but I would like to see the ability to also do this for the Note Categories as well instead of just the Note Types.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notes report needs to be alphabetized by last name, and not first name. We do everything by last name.

When we print the notes report, we like to have it printed in alphabetical order by last names, not first names. Could you go back to using that method please?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. note preview e-mail

When we receive the "A new note has been added" e-mail, it would be helpful if the text of the note was included in the body of that e-mail, such as it is when we receive these notifications for activities.

As it stands, we have to click through a link to log in and view the note. This complicates the flow of communication when we use the feature to notify another user of a note - if they could simply read the note in their notification e-mail, it would save a few steps.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. post it note

We would like the ability to add notes that are seen at the top of the contact everytime you open a contact. Not where you have to scroll through the notes to find it, but where everone has quick access to see this note. Almost like a post it not or just a black section to adda not under the contact information.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Copy and paste screen shots into notes

Copy and paste screen shots into notes. This used to be a feature and we need it back please!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It makes no sense, and it creates several problems, duplicating Notes, completed activities.

1. It serves no purpose to duplicate in Notes, Completed Activities.

2. If you insist on doing it, then one problem is that the Notes will get sorted on the date the activity is completed, which records things out of sequence if you record the completion of the activity after you actually complete it. I have had to edit activities, which requires that I uncomplete the activity, then save and complete later. The note, then is out of sequence, now, in the notes section. Also, when the activities involves more than one contact, when you mark that it is complete, it will…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export notes in chronicle order

I like to exports notes in chronicle order through out all page results

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for attaching documents to notes - Why was this declined??

Why did you decline the idea to attach documents to notes? Notes are the permanent record. It is fine that a document can be attached to activities, but activities are temporary and get completed and even deleted so therefore, it is much more important to have the document attached to the NOTE.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base