CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to edit a note for 24 hours after creation

Allow notes to be edited w/in a short timeframe.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easy toggle for multiple linked activities to a note

We are now able to link multiple activities to a single note (which is an awesome feature!!), and when you are on the clients main page you can see the how many activities are linked to a particular note. But when you click on the hyperlink to bring you to the multiple activities, it automatically directs you to oldest outstanding activity. My suggestion would be some sort of drop down, or list out multiple links to direct oneself to the appropriate activity. Is this at all possible?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notes Notification Report

It would be helpful to be able to pull a report of notes in which you were notified on. e.g. An advisor makes a note in the client record and notifies his assistant. There currently is not a way for the assistant to pull a report of notes on which she was notified. Maybe it could just be added as an additional filter to the Notes By Contact report?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add "type" (in addition) to "category" to Notes

Notes only have "category", please add "type" (of activity) to notes. By adding "type" (of activity), we could say/see the note was an outbound call, an inbound call, email sent, text received, etc., and also still have the note "categorized" as move money, portfolio, trade request, etc. By only having "category" for note, we are forced to label as an activity, i.e., outbound call, instead of a category, i.e., beneficiary update or vice versa. A work around for this is to create an activity, but then I can't complete an activity while I'm in it / creating it, which requires…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please Revisit: Need Separate Category Lists for Notes and Activities

I see that this question was first asked in January 2016 and not responded to until October 2019. I also see that the answer given in 2019 was that this suggested feature was “either not possible or not planned at the current time. Technology changes all the time.”

Your answer is quite late and very disappointing.

Because you won’t make the database work this way, the only usable workaround I’ve found is to create two entries for each Category and indicate that one of them is to be used for Notes.

This workaround is not an elegant solution by any…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. link notes to workflow

It would be super helpful if you could link a note to another note (instead of just adding a comment to a note) when a note is related to a previously written note. It would also be super useful to be able to link an existing note to a workflow (or activity or opportunity. I know you can add a new note for activities and opportunities, but I don't believe you can add an existing note). Like, say the Advisor has a conversation with a client about a distribution request and makes a note in redtail about the request. Then…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add contact info into the note reports

When printing out note reports, you should also be able to see their contact info such as their phone number and email at the top. Currently it has their name, date note was added on, account, category, type, and added by. The phone number and email of the person should also be included in that section.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add more than one activity templates to bottom on note page

LOVE how you've added the ACTIVITY TEMPLATE to the bottom of NOTES when we click "create followup activity" - However, could you add the option of up to 5 activity templates? In our office, 1 note will generate several activities from that one note. We'd love the option of more than one. Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Viewing either linked notes or linked documents on completed activities

After an activity is completed, you should be able to see either linked notes or linked documents on the completed activity without going into the activity or having the note in a different "box." Anything relating to that activity should be easily viewed within the box, even if it has a paper clip or a pdf icon on the summary screen indicating that there is either linked notes or a linked document.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to have a way to record notes that aren't tied to a specific contact.

It would be nice to be able to add a note that is not tied to a contact.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add filter to Recently Added Notes (Notes Dashborad) and Latest Notes on Contact Page

Redtail currently has the ability to use filters on the Contact Notes page, but I would like to be able to use the same filter on the Recently Added Notes/Notes Dashboard page and the Latest Notes section on a Contact's page. Both of those places show the completed activities mixed in with the notes and it gets very convoluted. Some important notes get lost in the shuffle if there are many completed activities.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Workflow notes should be included in general Notes

It's absurd that notes attached to a step or task in a workflow don't (also) appear in the general Notes of a contact record.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. tagging contact in notes with @ sign or some other way

I'd like to see a way to link another contact in someone's notes...example.
    "Nancy called today and told me to call her brother @Robert Killian. He just retired and is looking for help."
    Then Robert Killian is a hyperlink to click on to go directly to his contact record.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Set a Note Category as default view in filters instead of just Note Type

Its Great that we now can default what the note Type is in the CRM from the preferences but I would like to see the ability to also do this for the Note Categories as well instead of just the Note Types.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notes report needs to be alphabetized by last name, and not first name. We do everything by last name.

When we print the notes report, we like to have it printed in alphabetical order by last names, not first names. Could you go back to using that method please?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. post it note

We would like the ability to add notes that are seen at the top of the contact everytime you open a contact. Not where you have to scroll through the notes to find it, but where everone has quick access to see this note. Almost like a post it not or just a black section to adda not under the contact information.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It makes no sense, and it creates several problems, duplicating Notes, completed activities.

1. It serves no purpose to duplicate in Notes, Completed Activities.

2. If you insist on doing it, then one problem is that the Notes will get sorted on the date the activity is completed, which records things out of sequence if you record the completion of the activity after you actually complete it. I have had to edit activities, which requires that I uncomplete the activity, then save and complete later. The note, then is out of sequence, now, in the notes section. Also, when the activities involves more than one contact, when you mark that it is complete, it will…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export notes in chronicle order

I like to exports notes in chronicle order through out all page results

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notes by Household

We would like the option to print notes by household. This could be achieved by simply allowing the user to select multiple contact under the "Notes by Contact" option. We should be able to delineate notes to the member of the HH that they apply to, and print all for the household at one time.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base