CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collaborate with the users to design any workflow improvements

The majority of the feedback regarding workflows in this forum are centered very similar functions, which means the USERS know how it should work so our thoughts should be taken into consideration. Many users are implementing separate software programs to manage workflows since Redtail is too restrictive and overly complex.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion!

Feedback from this forum is not directly implements in complex cases- like with workflows. We do work with users on the improvements as well as industry consultants before making any major changes.

2. Highlighting button - needed ( when adding new info to a template at a later date by others)

Highlight button on the activity bar allows users to easily pick out information updated in the template task in process. Users don't always add a dated entry but rather add info interspersed throughout the task forcing person to read entire task each time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For best practice, we would recommend reading the task every time! However, as this is not always possible due to time constraints, the person making the template in your office can add information to the top with “*” icons or us the BOLD feature to highlight new additions to the template.

For additional solutions, we can talk more in a training session by emailing training@redtailtechnology.com

3. local failure notice email signature

i keep getting a local failure notice email signature . i fix the issue and it reoccurs every month. this is getting really old to have to continue to fix and refix every month to correct this issue. support recommended me to post this to get fixed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Alerts and Warnings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We should be able to access the clients' children's info quickly and easily without having to create a whole new Contact.

We should be able to access clients' childrens' information without having to create a new Contact. Basic info like dates of birth and social security numbers, etc. Especially for minor children. Thank you.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Family  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion! There are other ways to use the CRM so you can accomplish this- even though it is not how the system is intended to be used.

One way to record contact children and not create records would be through the use of User Defined Fields for example.

Contact us at training@redtailtechnology.com for additional assistance or a training session where we can help with other creative solutions!

5. Ex-Client reporting

It would be nice to have a report that will show all Ex-clients within a time range where the range can be adjusted. For example, I want to see anyone who became an ex-client in the last year, then the next time I run the report I only want a specific month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have the new Notes input open in a new browser window

Please have the Notes open in a new window when adding new Notes so we can go back and reference old notes while adding new ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Segregate clients, prospects and business contacts

It would be very beneficial to default to client list without having to jumble between clients, prospects and business contacts.
    Would it make it sense to have a drop down on the main contact screen to choose which contacts the advisor wants to view?
    Why scroll through 500 contacts when you may only have 100 clients and the rest jumble the list? Most advisors are focusing on contacts 90% of the time but that other 10% is when they would use a drop down to select a prospect or business contact.
    Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently a feature within the CRM called “Quicklists”. Contacts can be labeled using the “Status” field. Then, Quicklists can be created. These are “saved searches”.

Contact us at support@redtailtechnology.com or training@redtailtechnology.com for more information.

Alternatively, check out our recorded training webinars here: https://help.redtailtechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030073793-After-the-Import-Training-32-45-

9. remember our past filters

When filtering old activities in the Activities By Contact report (filtered), I use this to find and clean up old activities. Each time I have to go back and re-type my filter (for example starting 01/01/2000 to be sure I catch everything that is not marked complete). I wish when we do filters, the system would remember some of our favorite filters as a starting point or that we could set a default filter to work from. If I have 100 overdue items I'm cleaning up, thats 100x I have to put in the same backdated filter to be able…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports, Exports & PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Calculate Session Timeout Based on All Open Windows

Please update the session timeout calculation to accommodate multiple pages/tabs. Please make the site recognise a USER'S activity, not merely activity segmented by each individual page, and update the timeout clock as long as the user is active on ANY page. Having my session end while in the middle of typing or looking at a contact, simply because another of my Redtail pages has been inactive, is very inconvenient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings & Preferences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Today's Overview  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Update UDF Subjects

When editing a UDF, would it be possible to add a feature when you can update the UDF type/subject rather than just the description? Some times UDFs get mislabeled and instead of deleting and re adding, it would be awesome if we could adjust the type.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Know Your Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature already exists or there is a feature that can accomplish the same end goal that exists.

The UDF field name can be edited through Manage Your Account > Manage Database Lists. Unfortunety we are not able to support editing of the Type of field, since that may result in lost data. A new UDF can be added, and contact our support team to help move information from one UDF to another en mass.

Contact us at support@redtailtechnology.com or training@redtailtechnology.com for assistance with the feature or solution.

13. Quicklists and Mail Mergers

When selecting names to mail merge: Make it so that all the names on the generated lists can be selected automatically instead of having to select some and scroll to the bottom of the page while the rest load.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature already exists or there is a feature that
    can accomplish the same end goal that exists.

Select the top check box to select all contacts on the search page. This will initially only select the first 50 contacts, but then an option will appear to click and “Select all XX contacts”. That way you do not have to scroll to select all resulting contacts.

Contact us at support@redtailtechnology.com or training@redtailtechnology.com for assistance with the feature or solution.

14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Know Your Client  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature already exists or there is a feature that can accomplish the same end goal that exists.

We recommend adding the beneficiary as a contact and linking them to the client through the “Memberships” or the “Professional Contacts” section under Know Your Client depending on the need to be able to search for the relationship.

15. CRM Document Storage

Document Storage should be a page built with a link in the left sidebar in order for documents to be housed somewhere other than under a client

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sort by Task rather than Step in Workflows

It would be very helpful to be able to sort by the current task due than by the current step in the workflow main tab. Particularly for running reports for our team meetings. Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. search feature

Search feature to include words IN taskings. Such as RMD / Standing Instructions / Account Application / Withdrawal / Power of Attorney / Check Trades / Tax Loss Harvesting / End of Year

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search, QuickLists & Tag Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a next activity report

When I run a search and then dig for reports on a select group of clients, I can run a report called Last Activity. I would love to be able to run a report that shows me when the Next Activity is for a group of clients.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. family

When creating a family allow for other options such as "significant other" or "Girlfriend/boyfriend" rather than defaulting to "spouse". We have multiple clients who live together and are not married/don't plan on getting married. We want them linked in a Family but don't like that when doing so it labels them as "married" at the top under their name.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Family  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The family is intended to be the “tax” definition of family. But you can add the couple’s names to the Family name on the primary contact and then link the significant other through the “Memberships” page.

20. Create a timeline within each task to allow user to see who touched task and why.

Create a timeline within each task to allow user to see who touched task and why. Permanent and uneditable for accountability.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Timeline  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base