Redtail Imaging

Welcome to our official CRM feedback forum! Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Did you find a bug in our system? Did you receive an error that we should know about? Use the Categories to indicate what kind of post this is (Feature Request, Bug Report)!

We want to hear from you! How can we improve our CRM software to better serve your business?

We know that you have fabulous ideas and would love to hear what you need our document storage products to do in order to help you transition your office to a paperless environment!

Please use this section to let us know how Redtail Imaging should work, look, and feel!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to move files from folder to folder

When moving a file from one folder to another on Redtail Imaging, you cannot move more than one file at a time. Additionally, when trying to move files, you must go through each folder, which is extremely time consuming. There should be an easier process for moving files through Redtail Imaging.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IMaging Linking Contacts in bulk

would like the ability to link contacts imaging folder to their contact record in the CRM in Bulk. and not just one at a time. that takes a lot of time to do when you have hundreds of clients.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Contact Linking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Software Update - Dynamic Web TWAIN HTML5

Please please please update the Redtail Imaging software. You guys are using the Dynamic Web TWAIN HTML5 Edition, version 11.1.831, while Veo uses the newer version 12.3.412. This requires our office to install the new version, upload a check, uninstall the program, and then re-install your version to be able to scan anything to Redtail Imaging afterwards. Life would be so much easier if you would update the software to the newer version. Please.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Imaging - Copying Indexes with Copied Folders

It would be extremely helpful if copying folders from a template folder also copied any indexes that may be attached to those folders or if there was an option to copy indexes with folders.

Another helpful feature would be an option to have sub-folders inherit certain indexes, or apply an index to all sub-folders so that indexes like First Name or Last Name would be consistent throughout without having to assign each folder individually or rename each folder from a template to include info like the client's name.

It would help exponentially with transitioning to Redtail Imaging from another vendor.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. redtail imaging application to be able to see documents from phone

create an application or a way to pull up documents from your phone or tablet within your redtail imaging account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. imaging move

Make it possible to RENAME & MOVE multiple items at once in Imaging.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Edit after scanning

I would like to be able to edit a pdf in Imaging, specifically to reduce the size of the scan after it is uploaded directly to Redtail. I can do this when I scan to the hard drive and then upload, but not when I scan directly into Imaging.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Upload  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Put folder search results above individual file search results in Imaging

Currently, when we search, files are listed above folders in search results. However, we are often pulling up a client's folders in Imaging just to add files. We would prefer to look at their folders first, not their documents. If I'm looking for Jane Doe's general file, searching "Doe, Jane" pulls up each document with her name, so we may bypass 50 documents before getting to her folder.

If you changed Imaging so folder search results come up on top, or allowed a setting change to list folders search, that would greatly help us.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to go back to record instead of at the top in imaging

It would be REALLY awesome if in imaging instead of it going back to the top of the client list (alphabetical) it would go back to the client you were in. When I'm uploading statements I have to scroll down after every single client because it kicks me back to the top. Having the option would be nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Linking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Permission Folders

There should be a Permissions feature available in Redtail Imaging for Folders. For example, a financial advisor that has their own folder with individual client folders within it should have the ability to be the only one with Permission to view their own folder (outside of database owner of course). It shouldn't be setup so that everyone can view each other's client folders, especially given the stepped up focus on cyber security and identity theft. I am really surprised this hasn't been corrected yet. Thank you.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Is there a way to change the color of the client sub-folders in Retail Imaging?

If a client has multiple folders for each service, color coding for the folders would be helpful for a quick find. We color code services in our office and it would be very helpful if Imaging would allow us to do the same.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be a tremendous help the have "add missing" for indexing under the Institutional tab.

Indexing under Institutional - "Add Missing"
    It is offered under Personal, but NOT Institutional.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. imaging link to CRM

When in a client's document area, it would be helpful to:
    1. Upload to RT Imaging from there
    2. Go directly to the client that you are in when you click on "launch imaging"

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Contact Linking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Email attachment from imaging

Please make it easier to attached in a file from Imaging into an outlook email to be sent. please please please :)

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Search unlinked folders

We need to be able to search Imaging for folders that don't have a CRM contact linked.

If not a search, maybe add a sort option? We can sort by name, date and size. It would be helpful to sort by "linked" or "not linked."

We need a better way to find unlinked folders in Imaging without opening up each index and scrolling down to look for missing link icons.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide more/easier alternatives for uploading into folders

Would love automatic backup of certain (client) folders on my local hard drive into Imaging so as not to require a select and upload type of transfer into Imaging. (I do have cloud backup of my entire local hard drive into another service, but would love a seamless integration into Redtail CRM through the Imaging service.)

Or even a right click on a file/folder on my hard drive and have an option to upload into Imaging.

All of the current uploading methods take too much work; too many steps in the workflow. The effort is not worth the benefit of…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Retriever for Imaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bulk Indexing

Please add the option to add personal indexes in Redtail Imaging in bulk. We upload quite a few images/documents each quarter; adding indexes on each document separately is not productive at all. There are many ways to do this - you could add a feature in the Retriever that allows us to add indexes when we first upload the document; or allow the option to add the indexes to the folder containing the documents, which would then automatically add the indexes to each document within that folder. Please vote for this new feature - it would save A LOT of…

203 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. make the underlying documents within a file searchable (we can search the text within the image) if we upload them in an OCR format.

make the underlying documents within a file searchable (we can search the text within the image) if we upload them in an OCR format.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow folders to be collapsible in Redtail Retriever.

In Redtail Retriever, it would be so helpful to allow all folders to be opened at the same time, instead of clicking through 4 folders to find a document, you could collapse one folder and view every sub folder and document within. This would be EXTREMELY help with navigation and retrieval of documents. I find myself clicking around a lot just to find what I'm looking for, even in a very organized file system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Retriever for Imaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base