Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

323 results found

1. Automatic Spouse Contact Record Should Inherit Permissions

An automation exists to permission new contact records to the associated advisor, so other advisors cannot see that advisor's contacts. This is a compliance requirement and Redtail has this functionality. However, When a spouse record is created automatically from a contact, it does not get the permissions that are assigned to the associated Contact - even though is has the same information as the contact that the automation uses to assign permissons.
    This is causing a compliance issue as the spouse record can be seen by other advisors. Can you please 'enhance' the system to apply the same permissions to…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Unlink Household Home Phone Number in Family

I understand when you add a “Home” phone number into Redtail, it syncs that number with other contacts within the linked family.

Per https://help.redtailtechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022954374-Shared-Family-Contact-Card-Info

However, the problem is when you try to sync Redtail to a form filling software such as LaserApp or Quik!, it uses the “Home” phone as the primary number on the form itself. This is not ideal if the household does not have a landline phone or uses their “Mobile” phone as primary.

We can rename the “Home” number with a custom title like “Cell” to correct this. However, that number would still sync to the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. trusted contact

I know others have suggested/requested adding a Trusted Contact field. Let me share how this would make my life easier:

We use LaserApp to complete our forms for TD Ameritrade. I have to then go back and add the Trusted Contact information to each application manually. This takes time and allows room for error.

I know you don't just "snap your fingers" and have it done, but I hope this request is at the top of the wish list. Thank you for all you do to help us manage so much data. Your work is appreciated.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Link Work Address

It would be helpful if the client's employer's address/work address would auto link/share to the contact. Or even if when you select to add a work address you get a drop down of the available locations/addresses added to the business linked to the contact as employer.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "lead" and "dead lead" as options to list as a contact's status

Not everyone is either a prospect or an active client. A lot of times, contacts start as a lead and as you talk with them they become a prospect. Also, it would be helpful in organizing "dead leads" as such so I can get a feel for the flow of my funnel without deleting history if that is needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add spot to add Venmo, Paypal and other payment addresses in Contact Record

It'd be great if in the same area that has phone, email, etc, there were a spot to add Venmo, Paypal and other payment addresses. Maybe under Social Media or as it's own category. Now I just keep track of this info under Important Information.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. zapier

Create contact updated trigger event in Redtail for Zapier so we don't have to manually update records like its 1995.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CRS

Now that Form CRS is required, a version of BICE would be very helpful. Since it is not account specific, but instead client specific, having a section on the main page of the contact record listing when it was sent and/or signed and next "review" date would be extremely helpful (especially if it were to automatically pull from Lincoln for example).

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Favorites

Can you switch the first item on the contact page back to Clients A-Z instead of Favorites. I don't have time or a desire to pick "favorites" amongst my clients and having to click from "Favorites" to Clients A-Z every time I go in to find a client, is just an unnecessary step in my already crowded schedule.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Life/domestic partner option in Family (in lieu of Spouse)

Add the option for life partner or domestic partner when creating a family in place of Spouse. The Other option doesn't show up in the Family on the "other" person's contact record. Utilizing memberships takes extra steps and you have to search for it by clicking More, then Memberships. Any time saved is beneficial.

Thank you for all the great attributes already!!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The field for target retirement date is very important and should be more easily visible

I think you should move the target retirement date into the basic info (that's where I manually input for easy visibility) or the contact details. It needs to be on the main screen. If you wanted to make it really cool, you could embed a countdown timer.
    Brad Holland

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Contact Card

Having 3 'Home' fields for address, tele # and email makes it hard to quickly find what your looking for. Your eyes go to home and then have to look at the different icons to figure out what you're looking for. Just name them what they are and group them together like Home Address, Cell #, Home email - then underneath have Work address, Work phone, Work Email all together. And make the primary fields bold more prominently. Right now the difference between regular and primary fields is so minor it's hard to quickly tell which is bolded.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. multiple locations

We have multiple office locations. When a client calls in to schedule an appointment, is there a way to create the activity automatically showing the location where they normally go for appointments? We are trying to be in the habit of asking which office they go to, but it is somewhat unprofessional, and it would be great if when we are creating the activity, if redtail would automatically enter the location for us. Like an automation for whenever we create an activity for Mr Smith, the activity would populate the location based on a rule that we would have to…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Contact Details - custom field

It would be great if there were one or two fields within the Contact Details section that could be customized. We'd like to assign a client service associate to each client, and while we can add this to the UDF section, it would be so much easier to locate if it was right there under or above "Servicing Advisor" in the Contact Details.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. basic contact card expanded

I want to go to a client's contact card and see everything I need like Name, d.o.b.soc sec, address phone, email cell employer etc.. This is so basic and I don't want to have to run a freekin report. This has t be the easiest fix and needed by everyone. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Date of Trust/Amendment Date to Trust Contacts

Date of Trust/Amendment Date to Trust Contacts

We would love to see a Date of Trust and Amendment Date fields in the contact details section for Trust contacts, underneath the TIN field. Similar to how you can enter DOB and DOD information in the same area as SSN for individual clients.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SEARCH RESULTS:

SEARCH RESULTS: For some reason (just this week) when I go to search for a client and the results are 3 clients, only 2 clients show and I have to scroll down to see the third client. However, when I search and the results are say 11, the list continues as normal.

Has there been a change? I would appreciate seeing all three results as opposed to having to scroll regardless of the number of results.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. What generation is the client from? Baby Boomer, Millennial?

The importance of understating your client has never been more important. A field under their date of birth that would delineate what generation they are would be very helpful. Baby Boomer, Gen X, Millennial, etc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contact Record  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 16 17