Skip to content

Redtail Imaging

Welcome to our official CRM feedback forum! Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? Did you find a bug in our system? Did you receive an error that we should know about? Use the Categories to indicate what kind of post this is (Feature Request, Bug Report)!

We want to hear from you! How can we improve our CRM software to better serve your business?

We know that you have fabulous ideas and would love to hear what you need our document storage products to do in order to help you transition your office to a paperless environment!

Please use this section to let us know how Redtail Imaging should work, look, and feel!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

20 results found

1. Retriever for imaging - "object reference not set to an instant of an object" should really be changed to something more clear to the user

Change error message "object reference not set to an instant of an object" to something like "Incorrect Username or password, or account is locked" so it's more clear what the error is indicating so users can troubleshoot more easily.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add a "labeling" system to uploads

There should be a way to add labels to your uploads. for example: Advisor #, Document name, investment company, etc. This way I can differentiate the documents in the folder without having to rename the file name or searching thru every document until I find the one I want.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it easier to move files from folder to folder

When moving a file from one folder to another on Redtail Imaging, you cannot move more than one file at a time. Additionally, when trying to move files, you must go through each folder, which is extremely time consuming. There should be an easier process for moving files through Redtail Imaging.

242 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Put folder search results above individual file search results in Imaging

Currently, when we search, files are listed above folders in search results. However, we are often pulling up a client's folders in Imaging just to add files. We would prefer to look at their folders first, not their documents. If I'm looking for Jane Doe's general file, searching "Doe, Jane" pulls up each document with her name, so we may bypass 50 documents before getting to her folder.

If you changed Imaging so folder search results come up on top, or allowed a setting change to list folders search, that would greatly help us.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search unlinked folders

We need to be able to search Imaging for folders that don't have a CRM contact linked.

If not a search, maybe add a sort option? We can sort by name, date and size. It would be helpful to sort by "linked" or "not linked."

We need a better way to find unlinked folders in Imaging without opening up each index and scrolling down to look for missing link icons.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bulk Indexing

Please add the option to add personal indexes in Redtail Imaging in bulk. We upload quite a few images/documents each quarter; adding indexes on each document separately is not productive at all. There are many ways to do this - you could add a feature in the Retriever that allows us to add indexes when we first upload the document; or allow the option to add the indexes to the folder containing the documents, which would then automatically add the indexes to each document within that folder. Please vote for this new feature - it would save A LOT of…

212 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Indexing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In redtail imaging have a feature to be able to see the last person(s) you were in - like in redtail.

In imaging have a feature to see the last person you were in like in tailwag.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Link Multiple Contacts to Folder at Once

In imaging, when linking contacts to their folders - Along multiple contacts to be linked to the imaging folder. Currently, once you have linked a contact, it takes you back to the list and you have to go thru finding the image folder, right clicking to link another contact, looking up that contact then selecting. When you have a family - (2) parents & multiple kids, Its VERY time consuming.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Drag and Drop square

When dragging a PDF to be uploading to RT Imaging it can be very frustrating if you miss the rectangle "Drag and Drop". It will open up the document, you have to close out, open up RT Imaging again, then cross your fingers you don't miss the rectangle as you're dragging the document from one screen to another.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Upload  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Utilize the SIZE column in the imaging library

In the imaging library it would be very helpful to have the size size column populated with a # so we can tell if that file has a document in it or not. We have a very detailed file system and not all clients will have a file in a particular category. If the size column had a # in it we would know if there is a file or document available.

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Files/ Folders  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Get rid of checkboxes

Allow me to select items by clicking on the line instead of having to click in that tiny little checkbox or on the hyperlink.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. correctly report the amount of GB used/remaining under "statistics for all images"

In reference to "Statistics for all images", your information box on the home page of imaging: you are not correctly reporting how many GB are left or have been used in imaging. It's almost like false advertisement! I purchased extra storage based on the fact that it appeared we had no more storage left, only to find out after NUMEROUS conversations, that what you are reporting is completely inaccurate. This is extremely frustrating. When I called Redtail to get a better understanding at my end, I was getting different answers (or only half answers) from your service team until I…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Linking to CRM

When you are a creating a folder, it would be excellent to have the option to link it to the CRM on the same screen.

Even better would be to start by selecting a CRM record and have imaging generate a folder name based on the CRM record.

It wastes a lot of time to have to create a folder, then scroll through the entire database to find that folder and link it, and then be sent back to the database a second time to have to scroll through and find the folder to add images to it.

121 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notification of corrupted file?

Sometimes when I upload a file into Redtail Imaging it is corrupted but I don't know it. I only find out later when I try to download it. This is bad because if I delete it from my drive then I don't have it! It would be great if there was some kind of green checkmark or similar notification that told me the file(s) was not corrupted.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to retrieve a deleted file

In RT Imaging - to be able to retrieve a document after it's been deleted. To be able to run a deleted report and undeleted item

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add an option to check and download multiple documents via zip file

I believe, as of now, that if you wanted to download multiple client files, you have to download them one by one. It would be nice if we could check multiple (or all) files and download them quickly into a zip file.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Linking Client Records

I am getting used to the new imaging system but would like it if the cursor would auto populate in the boxes we are going to type in. When I go to link a client record to a folder, I have to place my cursor in the box instead of it just being there. That would be nice if you could update that. I know it's a little thing, but it goes a lot faster if you don't have to keep moving your mouse.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include linked client name in search results in Redtail Imaging

The search results in Redtail Imaging return document name, document folder, file size and file type. It would be helpful to have the linked client name as a column for quick reference.

Or even better it would be helpful if the search results were editable by user so each user could choose which columns to display.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for upload of larger file sizes. Currently only allows for about 22mb.

I need to be able to upload larger files. Only allows about 20 page file at present. Current limit is too small for some of our confirmation files. And when I pick a file that is too large is just error's out with a nonspecific error message. Could at least let me know that the file I am trying to upload is too large.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Upload  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?