Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

122 results found

1. Imbedding Documents/Files into Workflow Tasks

I believe one feature that would transform Workflows into an even greater Redtail tool would be being able to upload/store documents and/or other resource/source/artifact files into individual Workflow Tasks. This added feature would, in my opinion, make a Workflow way more of a hub for office activities. If a specific document/file is in fact needed for a Task or is the product of a Task upon completion, being able to add it to a Task or, more broadly, a Step makes sense.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. printer friendly workflow

When reviewing large workflows with a team, it would be helpful to be able to print the WF and note adjustments. Please add a pdf option to workflows that list steps, tasks, and outcomes.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow for parallel flows through Workflow with dependencies on Workflow Tasks and not just Steps.

The inability to link Workflow Task dependencies and only dependencies between steps limits the workflow capabilities. Can't start on WF Tasks in the next step until the entire step is complete. Also, allowing for multiple flows through the workflow where WF Steps/Tasks can be done in parallel would be beneficial to real world where multiple sequential paths are frequent and they should be related in the same workflow.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow for parallel flows through Workflow with dependencies on Workflow Tasks and not just Steps.

The inability to link Workflow Task dependencies and only dependencies between steps limits the workflow capabilities. Can't start on WF Tasks in the next step until the entire step is complete. Also, allowing for multiple flows through the workflow where WF Steps/Tasks can be done in parallel would be beneficial to real world where multiple sequential paths are frequent and they should be related in the same workflow.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add time stamped notes inside the workflow

I would like the ability to add time stamped notes to workflows. We often have tasks that take several try's to complete such as a phone calls to a client to get answers to questions. I would like to be able to see the noted attempts of calls to the clients with a date and time inside the workflow step or task.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the Workflow list, if there are more than one linked contacts, show names, not "2 contacts"

When there are more than one linked contacts to a workflow, list their names in the task list. How does it help to see "2 contacts"? under the names? And they do not alphabetize if you sort by contact.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. workflow

Bring back the old method of editing workflows.

The new method to modify workflows is very difficult to use. You cannot see your entire workflow as a whole while editing like you could before. You also have to collapse every single step and every step task unless you want a 20 page long stream of steps and tasks. If you want to move a task around you have to drag it, stop, scroll a little higher, drag, stop, scroll a little higher, etc. That makes it difficult to move stuff around in an efficient manner.

It used to mirror what…

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Workflows Tasks start anytime

I need to be able to start the steps of the workflow as soon as it is started and not have to wait for outcomes.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Collapse/Expand All options for Workflow Template Editor

Writing at the time of the new Workflow Template Update (2021.05.17):

The new system for editing templates is much more compact than the previous system and it could really benefit from a way to collapse all of the tasks or steps rather than clicking them all individually. Our office works with some very long workflows and it would help with scrolling and finding the steps/tasks we'd like to edit.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Printable Overview of Workflow Templates

I am writing this at the time of the new workflow template editor update (2021.05.17). The old template editor is what I would use to get screenshots of workflows to print off and discuss in a meeting with our team. I would use screenshots of the outcomes list and the template (because it showed the full text in the task descriptions in an organized format) to compile a document we could cut apart, rearrange, and discuss if the workflow accurately guided process. The new layout is more compact, but the new text box style with the scroll bar hides some…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability for team members to see when someone is working on a task

When a task is assigned to a team, it would be very nice for all users on that team to be able to see when a task is being worked on by another team member. This way 2 team members do not both work on the task simultaneously

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to allow steps to be active/triggered on the date they are due regardless if the previous step completed

We need workflow steps not to be hindered by the previous step being uncompleted that the next step isn't triggered for those steps that have a date.
    We use the step tasks as reminders on the specified date to run certain reports on that date. If the step before it isn't fully completed, it shouldn't prevent the next step being active on the date it's due. I know you can skip steps with outcomes and there are "ways around" certain things I've read in Retail's comments on similar requests... but that is not what I'm talking about and that doesn't…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. workflow task due date

In response to another post "Workflow Template - Assign Task Due Date," I understand that the timeline for a workflow is set by the steps, but it would be helpful to be able to pre-determine due dates of tasks or at least when manually going in to edit a task, that step due date shows so you can make sure your task due date isn't set too early or too late.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move workflow tasks within a workflow template from one step to another

Ability to move tasks within a workflow template from one step to an existing step or a new step. Currently, you have to create an entirely new task within the step. Some tasks have detailed information and it would be nice to be able to reserve that info versus retyping or copy/paste.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. notes and document attachment in workflow

It would be nice to be able to attach documents when putting in a note in workflow step/task. It would also be nice to see the notes from the general notes page when

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. workflows

It would be nice if we could view workflow tasks like we do activities and have the option to filter by who assigned to and filter dates. I know there is a workflow report but you have to consistently reset the filters and it is not as user friendly.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to see past due workflow tasks on "Workflow tasks to do today" but in red

Right now when a teammate completes a workflow task that is past it's set due date, the next person in the workflow is not alerted that it has been completed and it shows up as past due. Unless I check "Past Due" workflows every day, it is very easy for things to get missed. This is a HUGE problem and could lead to massive errors. I propose that the next step in a completed workflow that is "Past Due" either have a reminder with it or show up in red on the "Workflow tasks to do today." Thank you!

196 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. attach activity to workflow

It would be helpful to be able to attach activities to a active workflow. That way you would see that the workflow task is complete by seeing the activity notes since you can't really put activity like notes within a workflow.

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View past due Workflow activities / Roll forward past due Workflow Activities

The Workflow screen on the main CRM page shows workflow tasks due that day. However, there is no ability to see, or roll forward, past-due workflow activities.

I am suggesting functionality similar to the view/roll-forward capabilities for past due Activities, just applying it to Workflow tasks.

Thanks for the consideration!

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Workflow Template Filter Option

Allow the filter to only show active workflows by default. Every time I go in, I filter my active workflow templates, go into one of them, and go back to the template list and I have to filter again. I do not want to delete the other ones, just want to remove them from view until I actually want to see them.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?