CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When adding a note to a client, it would be helpful if there was a prompt to link the note to their spouse.

I often forget to link a spouse to a note. For example; I send an email to a couple, and add it as a note in RedTail. Then, a few days later I might be in the spouses' account, and not see the note about the email I had just sent them. I don't always want to have notes in both spouses accounts, but it would be helpful if I was prompted to save it to the spouse when saving the original note.

Additionally, it helps other users going into the accounts to be able to see the notes in…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color Coordinating Redtail Notes

It would be really helpful if we could color coordinate our notes to help distinguish between them. For example, if we can have a note automatically turn Red whenever a comment is attached to it to help distinguish it from a note that doesn't have a comment attached to it.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notes by Household

We would like the option to print notes by household. This could be achieved by simply allowing the user to select multiple contact under the "Notes by Contact" option. We should be able to delineate notes to the member of the HH that they apply to, and print all for the household at one time.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show comments on "Recently Added Notes"

Please include recently added comments to the "Recently Added Notes" page under the dashboard. This will help us to get like projects together as well as stay on top of them and not redo the work someone else already did.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Copy notes from one record to another record in bulk

We want to able to copy all completed notes from one record to another record. Right now you can only do it individually.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pinning more than one note at a time

I would like the option to be albe to pin more than one note at a time. It takes a long time for the pin to stick and then you have to go all the way thru all of the other "stuff" we don't need to see to back all the way down to the next note I need to pin. This would really speed up organizing the notes.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notes Dashboard- Linked Multiple Contacts

When you go to the notes tab on the Today page (or Notes Dashboard), if there is a note that is linked to multiple contacts it just states how many linked contacts there are rather who the contact is.
    For instance, if the note is created in an activity with only "Jane Doe," the note will say Jane Doe. If the note is created in an activity with both "Jane Doe" and "John Doe" the note will just say 2 linked contacts.
    It would be nice if you could hover over "2 linked contacts" and it would tell you who…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Capability to delete comment

I'm able to delete a Note but not a Comment within a Note. It would be nice to be able to delete your own Comments within a 24 hour period. I only delete Notes immediately upon saving it if I need to revise content due to an error. I'd like the same capability with Comments.

Because the Comments format jams it all up making look like one huge paragraph, sometimes I feel the need to revise a Comment to add additional spaces and symbols to make it easier to read and understand.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. notes

Why do notes look differently when printed? When adding notes I format as I would a letter or article. This means there are paragraphs. When I print notes, all of the sentences are jammed together. This did not happen in the prior version of Red Tail. In order to make a long note readable, I have to copy and paste it in to a Word document and then edit the note so it is readable. YOU ARE MAKING WORK FOR ME.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show the note when you "notify other user" Please include the note when we notify the other user. It's too many steps to have the user login

Please show the note when you "notify other user" or "notify team"

Please include the note when we notify the other user. It's too many steps to have the user login and search the client just to see the note. Our staff would like to be able to just view the note right there from the email message.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notes you've been notified of should appear on dashboard

Have an area on the dashboard where you can get a quick glance and filter notes you've been notified of. The email notification is nice, but it would also be great to see all the notes that have been made over the past few days that you have been notified on instead of going in to each email.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. auto save notes

Would like to see an Auto Save feature on Notes. computer locked up and was unable to save the note and the entire note had to be re-written. Any possibility to add a a "Draft" feature to notes?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. mobile draft notes

PLEASE Have a DRAFT note feature for Mobile devices. I just LOST almost 15 minutes worth of notes when I switched applications to retrieve a reference in the middle of a detailed client note!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Action to delete and recreate a note.

You do not allow notes to be edited, but you do allow deletion. None-the-less, it is common to need to edit a note for some reason, yet very cumbersome to copy the note, delete the note, paste it and then edit it.

How about an action on a note that deletes and recreates the note, which is editable since it's a new note.

Frankly, I think you should just allow a note to be edited but track the changes. It's just as compliant. Barring that, this seems a reasonable solution.

Comments currently are not a good solution because they do…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Attach a document in a note

If you have a document that you would like easily attached to the note. It would be nice to be able to attach the document in the note as well.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Viewing either linked notes or linked documents on completed activities

After an activity is completed, you should be able to see either linked notes or linked documents on the completed activity without going into the activity or having the note in a different "box." Anything relating to that activity should be easily viewed within the box, even if it has a paper clip or a pdf icon on the summary screen indicating that there is either linked notes or a linked document.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Numbered list does not retain formatting when copied into Notes

When copying and pasting a numbered list into Notes (from an email, in this case), the numbered list does not retain its numbers formatting. Instead, the count stops and then the numbering restarts with "1" again in the next numbered item. Blank lines between the numbered items appear to be causing this to happen.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save Notes Filter (Category) in Preferences

Please allow us to save in preferences the Categories we would like to see in the Notes view.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tables in the Notes section

Would like the ability change the rows and columns after the initial table has been created in the notes section of the CRM.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base