Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

228 results found

1. Backup of client data offline

We need a way to back up our data, notes, archived emails offline. All investment advisors are required to have contingency plans, so if internet goes down in an area for extended period of time or even short term, we can't see our client data. I would like to be able to backup my client data periodically onto a local hard drive for safekeeping should something happen and I need access.

Even if its report driven, give us the option to filter so we can back up specific clients for a range of dates would be helpful.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. filter note reports alphabetically

I have been asking for the note reports to go back to an alphabetical order since November2020. AS it is now they are done by date. And when you do it that way you get a specific clients notes scattered all through the report instead of all together.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. buttons at top of reports

Can the buttons at top right of reports, specifically Duplicate Contact Names, be static so that as you scroll down the list the buttons are always accessible. Thanks!!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search account type (etc.) when filtering in reporting

The account type list is extremely long, so it would be nice to search in the filters in addition to scrolling through a list to check the types you want to filter by.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Navigation on Reports

For reports generated that are multiple pages, a navigation bar is produced at the bottom of each "page" of data. Can this navigation bar be both at the top and the bottom of these reports to eliminate the need to scroll top the bottom before advancing to the next page. If the list is alphabetical, you can quickly move through the pages to the page you need to view.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Confidential Personal Profile

Would love to have other fields on this for progress reviews such as:
    Personal Interests
    UDFs
    Professional Contacts
    Employments

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Imagine a Gantt chart that can show a manager in one glance what workflow tasks are incomplete.

Currently, as the owner of my firm, if I want to see where we are falling behind on workflow tasks I have to go into every single workflow. a Single one-page Gantt chart with colors to code where things are incomplete could tell me the whole story in one glance. This would be a HUGE time saver. One of your competitors has this and I saw this at an FPA conference. was hoping it was RedTail and I see that it was not. You have so much good here, this would be the icing on the cake.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Contact Detail Report

The current Contact Detail Report has several issuses (some of which have already been tagged by others.) My two main issues with it are:
    1. It doesn't print all the addresses/phone numbers/etc. on the contact card. Apparently just the primaries? Many of our clients have vacation homes, alternate mailing addresses etc. Everything in the Contact Card should print.
    2. The "Custom Titles" don't print with the information. You end up with unlabeled numbers & addresses - the custom titles are very important. (Joe's cell/Joe's work/Ann's cell/Ann's daughter/Ann's work)

We use this at every client meeting to review their contact info,…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Included salutations on reports

It would be helpful to have the salutation field included on reports. I hand address birthday cards each month and use the "birthday report" to print off the list of birthday cards to reference when hand addressing the envelopes. If the client is a doctor with the salutation of "Dr." it doesn't show up on my report to reference when addressing the envelopes. Currently, my work around is to change the first name of the contact to include "Dr." as part of the first name.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. filter workflow replorts by Step

I would like to filter the Workflow Report by Step as well as template. Once I chose the template I want to search for, I would like to be able to sort by step so that I can easily find all of a specific workflow that's on a specific step. I can sort by that right now but when you have 10 pages, it only sorts the current page, not the whole of the report.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. activity permissions report

Can we add to the Report options: Activities NOT permissioned? This would be helpful.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reports > Fiduciary > No Contact > Add Advisor fields

We are using the Fiduciary > No Contact report to keep on top of our client contacts in 2019. It is great to have this function available.

One problem is that we have four Financial Advisors... so this report is kind of overwhelming without knowing which client is serviced by whom. It would work much better if we could sort or filter by Advisor, whether Servicing or Writing. Or if you are going in the direction of using Roles, then the Advisor, Associate Advisor, and CSA roles. I don't really care which approach you use, just pick one!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add filters to UDF Reports

Add a column for advisor or the ability to add columns to the reports or a filter to allow advisor selection. I understand we can send to search, then do a custom export but those are extra steps that shouldn't be necessary..

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reports > Contacts > No Contact > Days In Past > Add YTD & QTD

We use Reports > Contacts > No Contact to track clients that we haven't had contact with that Year to Date or Quarter to Date. However, the date options on the Filter only include "Days in Past" (15, 30, 90, etc). This is frustrating because my team wants to know how well we are doing on our Quarterly contacts now that we are mid way through the quarter... but there is no way to get that Quarter To Date report or Year to Date report from the options! So please add either YTD & QTD or provide a Custom date…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. notes report filter

Please add the ability to also filter the type of activity. We can filter the category (review, acct notes, general, etc) but not specific activities. I would like to have a report where I can see the notes that may relate to the review category but only want notes for the appointment activity and not see notes for phone calls and others. I can run an activity report but the only notes that show there are anything entered in the description box, not any notes that have been attached.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Start and Complete Date for Activities Reports

Please add the Start Date and Complete Date to the Activities reports. I want to be able to easily track how long it is taking for my team to complete certain tasks. That data is being recorded in the timeline, but it is not available in a report. I would like to avoid having to dig for that data.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Primary number and address stand out on Personal Profile Form

On the Confidential Personal Profile form, it would be helpful to have the "Primary" contact information stand out among the rest of the numbers and addresses listed. The Primary numbers and addresses are mixed in with all of the others on the form, with no way to differentiate.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search filter fields in reporting, etc.

This really applies to anywhere you filter your options, but being able to search the dropdown filters would be WONDERFUL. I am especially thinking of the Account Company, Account Products, and Account Type fields. They are so long, and most of the time I am trying to filter by a mix of criteria and I find that I scroll past what I need.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Contacts by State uses the Business Address State.

Contacts by State uses the Business Address State. Please give us a way to change the report to use the Home Address State.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reports > Contacts By Review Frequency > Filters > Add All, Quarterly, and Servicing Advisor

Reports > Contacts By Review Frequency > Add All & Quarterly.
    We enter the Contact frequency, then the Admins go to run the report... and they have to wade through separate drop-down filters for Monthly, Weekly, and Annual... and there is no filter by Servicing Advisor! No wonder the admins hate it! On the results page, please default to show "All", add an option for "Quarterly," and include a filter for "Servicing Advisor" also.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base