Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

381 results found

1. Capability to delete comment

I'm able to delete a Note but not a Comment within a Note. It would be nice to be able to delete your own Comments within a 24 hour period. I only delete Notes immediately upon saving it if I need to revise content due to an error. I'd like the same capability with Comments.

Because the Comments format jams it all up making look like one huge paragraph, sometimes I feel the need to revise a Comment to add additional spaces and symbols to make it easier to read and understand.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Open Activities

I created a new activity type - outstanding issue to mark those things where we have reached out to the client but not heard back from them so the issue is still outstanding. Normally I'd put this in important information but that field is too easy to ignore (until you fix that, right?). My thought was to just add a date on those activities for the end of next year but I realized I can't easily see that. It doesn't show up on the main contact page, doesn't show up when i click on activities, and there is no quick…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. multiple contact status and categories

It would be great if we could select multiple status and categories for contact records. For instance, we have business relationship - Active for a Contact Status. I would like to be able to select more than one Category, for instance COI and Vendor.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Linking documents to calendar events

Ability to link specific documents to calendar events/tasks.
    Ability to link additional Notes from the client profile(s) to calendar events/tasks that are relevant.

If a calendar event is not created FROM the Notes pages at the time the Note is added to the client profile, there seems to be no way to link specific notes to the calendar event once the note has been saved.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Seminar Attendee Export as CSV

Add the ability to export list of seminar attendees as a CSV with information including their Redtail ID.
    Ideally you would be able to select multiple seminars from the page and export all the attendees at each seminar in one sheet.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More Automation Triggers!

Suggestions for things that would trigger an automation:
    1. Completion of a workflow (ex: it would trigger a new workflow to be added)
    2. Service agent changed/added (so if a contact is created without a service agent or the service agent is changed something could be triggered, like the adding of a workflow)
    3. Contact source is added or changed

137 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a Bulk Action that allows Assigned Tasks in a Workflow to be reassigned to a User or Team.

Will you make a Bulk Action that allows us to reassign tasks to a User or Team?

This would allow a manager or advisor to assign an entire workflow or workflows to a specific person.

I agree that Workflow Templates should be assigned to Teams as is taught in Redtail University. As people come and go from teams, the template can stay the same. However, if this Team Assignment continues, Teams that continue on and reassign tasks to an individual user are forced to reassign each Task individually. This can be quite cumbersome when reassigning longer Workflows or when multiple…

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bulk Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Turn off auto creation of employer records

Give the database owner the ability to turn off the auto creation of employer contract records. I find it annoying to have records created for employers as I don't ever use them and they don't get categorized properly.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. insurance

There should be a seperate section for insurance products rather than lumping them together with investment accounts...unless its a cash value policy. Implement the seperate section so that all the various insurance data options are available to customize for Term life, LTC, disability, health, auto, casualty, etc.

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. reviews

I love the feature of having the reminder every 12 months or 6 months but Once you get the reminder there is no way to say its done or mark it off. They show last activity but there should be a way to mark the activity as a review and that way it can report back and schedule 6 months from there for the reminder. The only way to know its complete is the notes which is fine but if you are the contact not looking for review specifically you might not know when they call they are past due.…

61 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Opportunity Final Stage Modification

Opportunity Final Stage Modification
    CLOSED WON AND CLOSED LOST is simply not enough.
    We need CLOSED INACTIVE and CLOSED LOST CLIENT
    In the conversion process from suspect to prospect to client we can customize the stages to our own desires but when it comes to creating the final tally, you take control and the end resulting two options of Closed Won and Closed Lost is not enough.
    When I get a referral and talk to the suspect and qualify them then enter them as a prospect and an opportunity and they say they want to come in but never do,…

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. automate activities based by Client Status

Automate activities based by client status

For example: I want to reachout to all A clients quarterly, all B clients semi-quarterly, etc. But each time i change a client's status, I don't want to manually update all the activities.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable user defined fields to have a customizable order

I think it is key to enable user defined fields to have a customizable order, not just alphabetical. This would allow users to format and better fit UDF's to their specific needs. I know that we are evaluating other options for our CRM needs because of the lack in customization with UDF's, if there were more options on this front, it would allow us to stay with Redtail.

130 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Workflow Reports to include more detail such as complete workflows and outcome info.

The Workflow Report shows the current step. The workflow task report shows the current step and task but not the user/team/role assigned. You also can't see any completed info on the workflow task report. If you are managing an office and trying to review where multiple employees are on all of their workflows including what outcomes they've selected for certain steps, you have to go to each individual workflow and run the timeline report in order to see the outcome itself. There isn't another report that shows this. I just watched a webinar on 6/6/18 about workflows. The host expressed…

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Opportunity Notes in Report

Have Opportunity Notes export with the Opportunity Report output. Notes are a way of tracking relevant narrative about the opportunity, etc.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom Export Options

We need to the ability to export all fields that we spend time entering data into. There are several areas of the CRM that contain important that are not available in the custom export. AND we DO NOT want to have to run several reports to capture the information.. give us the ability to export OUR OWN CLIENT DATA and quite advising us to go all around the software to get it. Please implement as I see there are SEVERAL requests for this being ignored.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bulk Complete Workflow

I can currently bulk delete and add workflows and add notes or tag groups to groups of people in a workflow. However, I cannot bulk complete a workflow step or a workflow task. We have workflow tasks that can be completed in bulk by adding tag groups. It would be wonderful if we could then bulk complete that task and step.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deleting Tag Groups Should Be an Admin Function

The ability to delete a Tag Group should be an administrative function. Users currently have the ability to delete an entire tag group for our entire database.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. notification of calendar activity

I want to be able to receive some kind of pop up reminder when a calendar activity is due. For example, 10 or 20 or 30 minutes (customizable) before an appointment or phone call, a POP UP reminder. The alert feature on the today page only works if Redtail is the top "window" open, and the dog barking system, while cute, is not at all effective.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the Banking Section of Know Your Client, please add a field to list the Name of the Bank Account.

In the Banking Section of Know Your Client, please add a field to enter the Name of the Bank Account.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?