Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3299 results found

1. Lookup

Where Contact Lookup is initiated should be ID:STATUS -- Contains? & Starts with?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add more robust tax report capabilities

Please add a way to run a report with all the "Estimated Tax Information" fields: Adjusted Gross Income, Estimated Taxes, Tax Year, and Estimated Tax Bracket.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add more FEE input functionality.

There are several suggestions already posted for better functionality regarding input of fees. Here's an attempt to wrap them all into one that maybe could get some traction with Redtail. We all may have different methods of charging clients but there should be a way to have our fee schedules linked at the account level. At a minimum, having a section within each client account to simply input this information should be available. At best, we would be able to add specific tiered fee schedules on a "per account" basis. A spot for financial planning fees whether hourly, retainer, or…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need to have (at least basic) Formatting of Comments in Notes

It would be awesome to preserve at lest some basic formatting of Comments made to Notes. Comments are a great way to track who does what and at what time. But even a common return/enter to start a new paragraph does not translate when you add a comment to a note. It shows up as one big blob and is difficult to read a longer comment that needs to be made. Full formatting (bold, italicize, bullets, etc.) would be great, but at least we should have the ability to start a new paragraph. Thanks!

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Trusted Contact

Under the contact record, can we please add fields for "Trusted Contacts"? We need to record the name, address, phone, and email of Trusted Contacts in a way that is easy to find. We are currently adding it to the "Important Information", but having a specific field in the contact info would be more helpful. It would also be nice if there was a checkbox somewhere that you could click if Trusted Contact is "declined", as this is something required going forward.

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Popup alert or notification to confirm when you drag a calendar event

We have an issue where events, seminars, or appointments will accidentally get dragged to a different time or day on the calendar.
    When changes are made by dragging, the change isn't even noted in the "Timeline" for the activity. There needs to be a popup when you drag an event or appointment that said, "Are you sure you would like to make this change?"

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. account udf bulk add

I track RMDs for clients on an account level and a contact level and I have to manually add each account level UDF every January. This should be accomplished by a bulk add. And of course to do that it means that we will need an advanced search for the account level as well as contact level (So I can search for open IRAs and get open IRAs instead of closed IRAs and open something else) which is how the current advanced search works.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Advanced Search

In the "advanced Search" filters, it would be most user friendly to include the ability to add parentheses around logical connectives to more intuitively command the account information. I'll give an example:

I stratify clients into tag groups A Clients, B Clients, C Clients, and D Clients. There are several without any tag group, and I'm looking for a list of current clients not in Qualified Plans status, who don't have one of these tags. The Logical operand is easiest explained as:

( Contact-Status-Equal To-Client AND Contact-Category-Not Equal To- Qualified Plan ) AND( Tag Group-Tag-not equal to A-Client AND Tag…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. insurance license

Under Licensing, it would be nice to have a section to record agent's state insurance licenses, including state, number, effective date and expiration date, with the ability to set alerts (30 or 60-day) for upcoming renewals.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Workflow Checklist Report - Add user and time/ date stamp

On the workflow checklist I would like a time and date stamp including the user that completed it for the task and step of the person that completed it. I see on the report who it was assigned to as well as the due date, but not the actual date of completion nor who completed it.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Mapping Addresses

Currently, if you are in a client record, you can click on the client address and "MAP" it. It would be nice to be able to "MAP" multiple addresses at once. If I am travelling out of town to visit clients in the same general area, it would be helpful to be able to map all of the clients at once to determine the best route to take.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why can't you provide a component of team notification that shows when you've notified a team member?

Why can't you provide a component of team notification that shows when you've notified a team member? Otherwise, how can the user know that he or she has successfully accomplished that task? The drop down should have a component where the person(s) notified are highlighted.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mail Merge Letter with an auto command for an account number

When creating a mail merge letter, have an auto command option for a client account number entry as well as name, address etc. Having to manually add account numbers to letters is very time consuming. To be able to have it merge just like a name or address would be very helpful.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Report that will run last Client Review date

Due to the glitch in the next review date. We are missing some of our clients actual review date. Since the glitch hasn't been fixed we need the ability to run a report versus having to go through each client to check to see if they were missed. The report for last activity is not an accurate report for this either. This glitch causes a problem with meeting our compliance date for each annual review.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export Option for Preferred Contact Info

The software currently does not offer an option to export the preferred contact information. I have to run my custom export (excel), including contact info, and then run a separate report (only available in PDF format) for the preferred contact info. Finally, I have to manually review/edit the custom export by comparing it to the PDF report. It would be so helpful if the custom export included a field for the preferred contact method.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. View full contact name in mobile app

I would like to be able to view the entire contact record when using the mobile app. Many of our contacts go by their middle name or a nickname and we need to be able to see all the information in the app, not just first and last name.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile App  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. search partial name

Be able to search by partial name. For example Robert Smith, should come up by searching Rob Smith or r smith or ro sm

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create Calendar Event Options - Attendees and Notes

Could you create/add a drop down box to add additional attendees and a note section when you create an event? It would be much easier to do this from the start, instead of have to save and edit to add these items.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automation Email (triggered by activity) - Include contact & attendees

I set up an automation that sends me an email when a new meeting gets scheduled. I just got my first one and it doesn't say who the linked contacts are or the meeting attendees. It

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. automation emails people in a role

I want to see an option for an automation to not just email a user or a team but someone in a role. If I am creating a automation to let the advisor know something happened I want to make sure I get an email to the that client's advisor, not all of them. That way if the advisor changes I don't have to remember to change the user emailed on these automations but instead it will automatically keep emailing the new advisor (that we quickly changed in bulk).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?