Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1673 results found

1. Contact Link Option for any filed listed as "Contact"

It's frustrating that there are multiple fields where a contact can be listed yet, despite the fact that the contact being listed is also in Redtail, there is no option to create a hyperlink to that client. For example: Departments (under Business Clients), Primary Contact (under Misc. Client Information), Referred By (under Client Details), etc.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Know Your Client added fields / information for Financial Planning

It would be helpful if under the "Know Your Client" tab we could have the ability to enter more information that is pertinent to financial planning. Some ideas I have are as follows:

Social Security: Could add fields for age when claimed or planning to claim, start date of benefits, current benefit amount, etc.

Estate Planning: do they have trust/ wills/ POAs in place, estate attorney/ POA contact information, Last beneficiary review date

E-signature: Yes or No field on whether client is comfortable using this or not.

I have other ideas too but these were some at the top of…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Let us be able to delete all items in lists

For account types (and other lists like activity type, etc) there are some choices I am not able to delete. I'd love for that not to be the case so for account types every account type available and shown to us are the ones applicable to us. I am never going to call an account type brokerage or cash & equivalents because I use type as registration type and those two aren't mutually exclusive. That list in particular is cluttered up with 50+ undeletable fields of which I'd only keep 15.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Activity Description Box - Save Description Box Extend settings

Within the Activity Description Box each time I use this section I have to use the resize triangle. I would like the settings for when I resize to remain from activity to activity and that it remembers the description box size. How can I make my resize preference permanent.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. AleciaR

I select Client, client accounts, Reports, Portfolio Detail Report I need Effective dates added by accounts with options to add more details to the report. It would great if we could customize the detailed information on each Summary Report or Snapshot report.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Activity Organizer Report/List/Filter needed

This new field for Activity Organizer is a great start...but it's completely useless as there is no report or filer that can create a list of activities where you or someone else is the organizer of the activity. Please create a filter, something on the home page, or some widget to indicate on the activity when you see it in a list who the organizer is. Initials bubble like on the calendar would be a start.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Color code tasks from the Dashboard, not just the Calendar

I would like to be able to see a color code based on my own input on the dashboard for my activities that day. (not just on the calendar)
    For example: if I have multiple trade sheets to process, I can make them all one color, easy to find and complete at the same time.
    Another example is tasks for calling clients, so those types of tasks are easy to find and do together after I have color coded them.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. mark reminders as done

I would really like to be able to dismiss reminders once I have have handled them, instead of seeing them for 3 weeks even thought there done.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On Email notifications, put linked contact's name at the top of the email (with type/subject)

On Email notifications, put linked contact's name at the top of the email (with type/subject) rather than at the bottom where we have to scroll all the way to the end of the email to see who it is for.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Activities - Updated Notification

Some of our employees have expressed frustration with the inability to determine what was updated in an activity when they receive the updated activity notification. They suggested is there any way to add a highlight or some type of identifier that shows what was updated on the activity in the notification e-mail. That way it can be determined whether or not action is required without having to make additional clicks.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Activity Location

I know this has been previously suggested, but it is ridiculous that we have to open an activity to see it's location in calendar view. We have multiple users and cover multiple locations. Our Admin needs an easy way to see appointment locations on the multi user calendar view without having to open each appointment to find it. PLEASE address this!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Link note to multiple activities

Add the ability to link one note to multiple activities. For example, if you discuss multiple items with one client that are related to several activities, it would be nice to attach that note to all of the activities involved rather than have to copy/paste the same note into each activity thus cluttering up the timeline.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding Contact Role Advisor at Contact Level to Owner/Role Role/Advisor at Workflow Template Level

We are a 2-person shop with no staff. Some clients are joint while others are solo for either advisor.

At the contact record level under "Contact Roles" the Advisor is assigned solely to that client if a solo client and for joint clients one advisor is assigned as Advisor and other advisor is assigned as "Associate Advisor".

When setting up a workflow automation from a meeting creation for the client record, we'd like for the workflow to be assigned to the Advisor to then carry out all the steps of the workflow template. Currently, "Role/Advisor" at contact record level is…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Duplicate A Contact

It would be helpful to create a contact (especially business contacts which have many of the same contact fields) then be able to duplicate that contact and then change just the name and email address or whatever. Almost like a Save As function, this would save a lot of time and reduce errors of having to retype the same information over and over for multiple similar contacts.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when revising workflow template

when revising a workflow template, all current workflows that have been started for a particular client but not yet been completed, should be updated to match the revisions made to the workflow template.

I currently need to delete my workflow and start over again by attaching it to a client

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Activity Pinning

It would be a great resource for activities to be pinned at the top of an activity list. Listing an activity as a high priority with the exclamation point only goes so far. The date does not roll, so if the user doesn't know to update his columns by priority or if it changes, then the activity goes back to the original date. Going thorough and rolling each activity every morning is inefficient. If there was an easy way to PIN a certain activity to the top it would stay at the top of your list no matter what.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Updating opened or assigned workflows to sync to template updates

When updating a workflow template, existing workflows should have the option to be updated as well, without deleting the existing data. For instance the completed tasks should not be touched. If however, there are additional steps or rewording of steps/tasks, we should have the option to update assigned/opened workflows as well.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Activities by Contact Report - Add Servicing Advisor to Export

Please add Servicing Advisor to the excel/csv export of the Activities by Contact Report.

You can filter the visible activities by Servicing Advisor in Activities by Contact Report, but the export does not include the Servicing Advisor.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. advanced search

In the advanced search feature, it would be nice to have a way to select multiple "values" instead of creating a new line for each value. For example, if I wanted to search for two contact categories, once I enter "Contact", "Category", "Equal To"; I would then be able to choose both of the categories I want (this would serve as an "AND" function without having to add a separate line).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base