Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1673 results found

1. Know Your Client Financial Fields - Add Suitability and Assets Held Away

The the financials tab, in addition to the objective, experience, tax info, and net worth, there should be a Assets Held Away section and then have that broken out by type of assets. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, annuities, savings, others, etc. where you can either enter the dollar amount or percentage to add up to 100% or assets held away. This would help with the Finra suitability requirements.

Riding on the coattails of others, please add more fields in the financials section to be more specific! Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Client Profile Sheet/ PDF Report

Please make available for us to incorporate or adjust custom field information concerning our clients. This will facilitate the compilation of essential details into a concise, one-page PDF report, i.e. the client's CPA/Tax advisor, Estate Attorney, investment model, required minimum distribution data, IRA beneficiary particulars, etc. Such a report will greatly assist us in preparing for client meetings by providing a comprehensive overview of their significant information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. duplicate

When merging a record, it appears as a new record. Because of that, when we have an automation created that links a workflow to a new prospect, a workflow is being tied to this prospect. They are not new but look that way when records are merged.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Client View

It would be great if there is a toggle on the calendar to switch on Client View. This way we can look at the calendar with a client to schedule a meeting without other client information showing. Client View would hide the linked client names and other identifying information, just showing blocked out times for already scheduled meetings.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. jd.koyle@allegisfp.com

It would be very helpful if we could permission the workflow notes.

When you write a note on a workflow, there is not a way to permission that note. It clogs up my notes not permissioned report that I clear out weekly. Or make it so that those notes don't appear in that report.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. jd.koyle@allegisfp.com

Remove Workflow Summary from Notes not permissioned report. There is no way to permission this summary. Maybe create another report to check summaries or allow the option to permission.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give users the ability to change the tabs in the contacts view.

Allow users to choose which tab is shown first on the contacts pages.
    Currently the "Past Due and Next" tab is shown. I want the "Notes" tab to be shown so that I can see the notes on a client, I do not use the "Past Due and Next" feature at all.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Functional "Projected Revenue" and "Actual Revenue" Fields in Opportunities

It seems incredibly strange to me the fields listed as "Projected Revenue" and "Actual Revenue" exist only for the sake of ornamentation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Notification Emails need to be ENCRYPTED

We have been aware of this issue for a long time now, but I think with the climate today it has become IMPERATIVE that Redtail encrypt notification emails generated from created and updated Activities. I believe many Redtail users put sensitive information in the subject and description such as account numbers (regardless of whether Redtail thinks we should) and then that information is being broadcast to the world in an insecure email if notification settings are not all set to "no". Our office knows of this security issue and we have everyone set their notifications settings to no, and are…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More Filters for Workflows Reports

It would be very helpful if we could filter workflows by more categories in workflow reports including roles such as Advisor/Associate Advisor and by the current step. Additionally for the date range if we could have an all past due date range, this would be great. It would also be helpful to update a saved filter instead of having to create a new saved filter and remove the old after making edits.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need more operand options when setting up automations

When setting up permissions I used advanced search and applied backoffice permissions to everyone where the writing or servicing advisor wasn't blank. I want to do an automation with the same thing but that operand function isn't available and I'll need to put in so many criteria to do the same thing and when we add new advisors I'll need to set them up as well.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add filter options for permissions report

In the permission report please add the option to select no one under servicing advisor. Also add the option to filter by writing advisor as well. I want to compare a contacts permissions with the writing and servicing advisor they have so over time I can correct bad permissions since automations don't have a trigger of a changed writing or servicing advisor.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add a number of reports under a new Database Cleanup category

I'd love to see reports for database cleanup. For certain things I can make quicklists for this effect (clients without DOB, SSN) but for others I cannot like clients without an address or phone number (since those searches are broken).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show multiday activities on today screen every day they span

If I have a multiday task from the 1st -10th (of any month) the activity currently only shows on the today screen on the 1st. It'd love to be able to see that on the today screen every day from the 1st to 10th. I put some of them like that as I mean to fit them in my schedule sometime in that period but if I don't get to it day 1 I am more likely to lose track and now I can't just work off the today screen (which you should be able to do easier).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Turn off pop up reminders

We used to be able to turn off reminders for calendar items. This changed with the last update. Please put this back into preferences. If I want a reminder, I will set it myself.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do you know if there is a way to schedule a series of emails to be sent automatically, using templates? I understand that Automation can cre

I want to schedule a series of emails to be sent automatically to specific contacts, using templates. I understand that Automation can create the Workflows, but those are just Task lists, I'm trying to Automate the sending of the emails.
    Example: I add a Contact into my "Lead" Tag Group and automatically an email is sent and then follow up emails are sent to that Contact until the workflow is Completed, by changing the Tag Group to "Prospect" after the schedule a meeting, or the series of emails is sent.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. tab instead of down arrow

When adding a table within an activity, make the "tab" button go to the next box instead of the down arrow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Next 7 Days" Icon Next to the "Day" "Week" and "Month" Icons on Calendar View

Add "Next 7 Days" Icon Next to icons "Day" "Week" and "Month" on Calendar View. On Thursday, I am not really in need of see what I did on Monday.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for workflows to have a Step Due option of "Day Created"

Allow for a "Day Created" option on steps in a workflow. When using automation to schedule a meeting, I need the ability to make a step due for a different user on the day the meeting is entered into the system. For example I make an Activity for a meeting, it populates in the calendar and starts a workflow. Currently you cannot schedule the workflow step in the template to be due on the day the workflow is created. Reason this would be helpful: Allows a step to be due for a different user at the time of creation, like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create follow up from a note, when adding the note to another activity

Why can't we have the "create a follow up" from a note that was created under an activity? Many times we have an activity that has multiple steps in which have different notes and different follow up timelines. We know this was available until the recent update but are being told it never existed so we need to suggest as a new feature.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?