Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4043 results found

1. important information should be displayed in a banner across the top of client page

i.e. we have a client who is suspicious of the internet and does not want his information in any emails. We frequently communicate with clients that way so we really need a big red warning "DON"T EMAIL" right under his name

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add self-scheduling feature like Calendly or ScheduleOnce and confirmations like AppointmentReminder

Add self-scheduling feature like Calendly or ScheduleOnce and confirmations like AppointmentReminder

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automations - Task Option

Have a trigger event create a task for someone.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Automations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. unlinked accounts

I'd like to see a column on the unlinked account screen that shows Rep # or Rep Name. This would be very useful for new employees who do not know the names of the clients and what rep they belong to. This will enable them to link accounts to the correct client for their particular Rep.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Custom View

I would like to be able to customize the Account and Contact views to remove data sections that our firm does not use. This would allow our users to find information much more quickly without scrolling through the same areas over and over that we will never use.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to tell when a client's preferred contact method is via text

On the contact record the preferred function allows us to know whether the account prefers initial contact attempts via phone, email, or mail. With more and more texting solutions coming online for advisors we will soon have the issue of not being able to tell the difference between a client whose preference is a call vs a text. Also, maybe a checkbox next to the phone numbers that let us know for clients that have phones that text, whether the client themselves are comfortable enough using text messages to do any communication via text.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. integrate RedTail CRM Calendar with Redtail hosted email

Our office uses both RedTail CRM and RedTail Hosted Email. Within the Email side, which uses an Outlook based platform, I am able to add calendar events and send / receive appointment invites. However, this calendar doesn't integrate with the CRM side calendar. This seems like an obvious feature to integrate. If an event is created on the CRM side, it should populate the email side calendar and vice versa. As such we could send / receive invites and have all calendars synced.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Delete dictation after added to note or activity

Our office is trying the mobile assistant application. When notes are uploaded to redtail, you have the option to save them but they stay on your homepage until you delete them. It would be great if they disappeared once the note was saved. Having to delete the note causes confusion if the note was saved.

Mobile Assistant
    Copytalk

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) Badly Needed ASAP

We have already set up multi factor authentication, but since SMS based 2FA is not 100% secure and becoming less so by the day, we would like to move to U2F which is currently 100% secure. If you are unfamiliar with U2F, here's a link that may help: https://krebsonsecurity.com/tag/u2f/

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Annual Review Report

Can we get a comprehensive report to use for annual reviews? Outside of gathering information, a CRM should provide users of all experience levels a snapshot of the data that tells a quick story to address client questions and issues, train new staff, complete client reviews and quickly bring any successor advisor up to speed with the overall plan and purpose of service. You have most of the necessary content to accomplish this. If you could just neatly combine it all on the Confidential Personal Profile Report, you would have a very powerful tool.

Here are a few suggestions of…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hide contact records that belong to former clients who have closed all accounts

Currently, all contact records are pushed to Redtail CRM even after the client is no longer with your firm. That means that advisors must constantly see the names of clients who have unfortunately either closed all their accounts, moved to another firm, or passed away. All these closed-account and deceased contact records really clog up the contact list. I would like to be able to permanently hide these entries.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import Account Transaction Data

Import Account Transaction Data: Can u add ability to import account transaction data from any feed connected. I.e. TDAI or an insurance company, etc ....

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add "On Creation Date" to the Step Due in a workflow Step.

When you create a workflow, you are given the option of setting the Target Date a some point "After Creation Date". So, if you set it to 0 days after creation date, the workflow sets the target date as today. HOWEVER, if you set it up that way and then use automation to trigger it, and that automation triggers when an activity is set and the condition is appointment, EVEN THOUGH the workflow target date is set for today, the workflow target date is set at the future appointment date.

This makes it impossible to have a workflow automatically trigger…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. change next review to next review due

On the front page of the contact record along the top where it says next review. That is just when it is due based on KYC, so it should be labeled NEXT REVIEW DUE not next review. It is misleading that there next review is actually set already for that date instead of just being due based on the KYC info.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notes customization

Notes Customization - Within the contact record it would nice to modify the view so that the Notes page is easier on the eye. I type a ton of notes, but I ultimately see a ton of white space on my page because the notes dialogue boxes are huge and don't really show the meat, just the fat. Think text message bubbles.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. activity disposition (action)

I color code my activities, using green for activities that have yet to be completed, white for activities that have been marked completed. Some activities have not been completed, and will not be completed. I do not want to delete them because I want to see them on my calendar when I review my calendar activities, but I do not want them to be marked completed, nor do I want them to remain green.I look back to prior days on my calendar to quickly and easily see activities that I still need to complete. These are easily noticed since they…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rocketbook note taking automation into documents or notes

https://getrocketbook.com/ is a fantastic way to digitize note's quickly and efficiently.

Currently, the only way to get these note's into our CRM is by using Evernote. Well, this is going to clutter up Evernote quickly, but it is worth the convenience or storing those notes easily.

A better way would be to add notes automatically through Rocketbook's API. Perhaps after the upload, we could tag clients or create action items??

Another option would be to give each CRM an email to receive note's with, and have the tagging options available from there.

Regardless of how you brilliantly do it, this…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Account by contact and owner

I would like to export an account list with all the contacts associated with that the account, specifically a row per contact/owner. When I need to issue statements this export provides that data on who get what statement. An example being an organization or trust that statements get issued to multiple people

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1) Create a way to list important alerts on CRM files as a moving banner on the client contact page

My old CRM program had a feature where we could write in a speical alert or message for the client that would scroll their contact page as a notice. I realize Redtail has an alert (exclamation point) on the contact page that gets activated if we enter in a message, but that's cumbersome and easily forgotten. As an example of why I think such a banner or space for such a notation is necessary: I have a client that had identity fraud a few years back. She has us verify it is her everytime she calls. When new staff start…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to NOT notify existing activities attendees

We get so many activity update email notifications that it would be nice to have the option of NOT notifying attendees for minor updates to an activity. Just like Google calendar offers the option to send updates to existing guests or not. It will minimize emails and notifications to only those that are deemed necessary.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base