Skip to content

Redtail CRM

Welcome to our official Redtail CRM feedback forum!

Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one?
Use the Categories to indicate what part of the CRM your change request refers to, and browse the ideas of fellow CRM users to vote on requests that will impact your business.
Don’t forget to add comments to other ideas to let us know how your firm might use a feature better!

For help with or questions about features and functionality in Redtail CRM, you can contact our support team at support@redtailtechnology.com or check out our HelpDesk articles on getting started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1673 results found

1. When adding a note to a client, it would be helpful if there was a prompt to link the note to their spouse.

I often forget to link a spouse to a note. For example; I send an email to a couple, and add it as a note in RedTail. Then, a few days later I might be in the spouses' account, and not see the note about the email I had just sent them. I don't always want to have notes in both spouses accounts, but it would be helpful if I was prompted to save it to the spouse when saving the original note.

Additionally, it helps other users going into the accounts to be able to see the notes in…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Edit a client note

Would love for their to be a feature where you can edit a note for a client after saving the note. Please let me know if there is already a feature for this.

Thanks!

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Notes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. License Tracking

It would be great to receive reminders to track agent licenses, or at least be able to run a license report so that we could periodically check to see if a license needs to renewed or if CE needs to be completed.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 'Complete' Client Reviews

For an industry that is very much reliant on keeping track of bare min YEARLY client reviews, this section needs a better tech focus. I would at least appreciate if the "Client Review" reminders could be 'completed' just like an activity.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make a workflow step's due date relative to previous step's completion

Instead of scheduling a task's due date relative to the workflow's due date, we would like to be able to schedule it relative to when the previous step was completed. For example, have step one due a day after the workflow is made, and step two due one week after step one was completed.

In addition, workflow tasks should remain on your "today" page from the day they are due until the day they are marked complete. That way if you are not in the office, or unable to do it on the day it is due, you won't forget…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflows  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IMPORTANT NOTES

Just like you post birthday reminders in the green bar on the actual birthday you should have a red alert box at the top with the most important follow up questions from the last call or reminders about what you discussed on the last call. You shouldn't have to click anywhere to see it, it should just be up there.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to Automatically Generate a Next Review Date based on COMPLETION of previous Review

Allow us to set how often we want to have a review with a client and then when we complete the review, it would then trigger a reminder to set an apt at the specified time period FROM THAT DATE rather than from when you set the initial reminder.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please update your software so that when i complete an activity it goes in client notes the day it was scheduled, not the day i complete it.

Please update your software so that when i complete an activity it goes into client notes the day it was scheduled, not the day i complete it.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hover for activity to see description on the contact screen

When in the Activities tab for our entire database, you are able to hover over the activity and a small popup window displays the description of the activity. I would like the same functionality when you are on an individual contact page viewing activities. It saves a lot of clicks.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Workflow Task Notes

We are currently having issues accessing the notes documented within the description box of workflow tasks. If task notes are are captured in the step notes box it can quickly become a jumbled mess. For example, we have a workflow with 2 steps and within those 2 steps are about 5 tasks all assigned to different people. Are the notes for all 5 of the different tasks assigned to different people supposed to be jumbled in a no particular order within the step notes box. So instead of seeing the notes for the specific task, we would have to go…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. recurring activities

Just recently Redtail "updated" our RECURRING INTERVALS in ACTIVITIES and took away our choice of recurring on SELECTED weekdays only and our choice of weeks within the month - on anything other than MONTHLY. Example: Every Year on the First Monday of January - or- Every 6 Months on the Third Wednesday - CAN NO LONGER BE A CHOICE. The ability to LEAVE OUT the weekends if we choose should be our choice. BTW - CUSTOM does not have this option either ON MONTHLY OR ANNUALLY. Redtail has always been about customizing for each office and this takes away that…

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. RE: Next Review Date. Please enable us to put a future date not based on any previous review date and put it back to the way it used to be.

Regarding the “Next Review Date” on a Client Review Reminder. They changed the format recently and you are no longer able to randomly choose to add a future date if it doesn’t coincide with the previous “First Review Date” which many times it does not. Please enable us to be able to put a future date in not based on any previous review date and put it back to the way it used to be so we can just go into the drop down calendar and set it for whatever future date that we choose

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Navigation on Reports

For reports generated that are multiple pages, a navigation bar is produced at the bottom of each "page" of data. Can this navigation bar be both at the top and the bottom of these reports to eliminate the need to scroll top the bottom before advancing to the next page. If the list is alphabetical, you can quickly move through the pages to the page you need to view.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Workflow due dates

Is there a way to create a workflow that assigns task due dates within the workflow based on the number of days from creation of workflow as opposed to number of days from target date? We have a workflow for a process that frequently has varying amounts of time from creation to target date. Assigning due dates based on number of days before target date sometimes gives me tasks that are due in the past (before creation of workflow) and sometimes the first task is due two weeks after creation of workflow.
    It would be a nice option if the…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Highlighting text feature

Please consider adding text highlighting to activities and notes. It's great to be able to insert emojis, however, emojis are not as useful as the ability to highlight text. At times, I have several things happening in one activity, and would like the ability to highlight some things that might still be outstanding (or even color code the text).

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Linking spousal activities and notes

There should be a way to link all previous notes and activities to a spouse, even if they are added years later.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Report for insurance premiums due

I need to run a report for a life insurance policy to show the clients who have a premium coming due. I can run a custom export, but it doesn't reflect the client's who have modal premiums.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. customize today page

In old training videos the TODAY page had the client charts and other "tiles" on the screen. My TODAY page has "tiles" I will never use. I think it would be great to be able to customize the things you can see on your TODAY page to remove the "tiles" you don't need and add things like the Clients graphs or Quick Links that are unique to each user in the database.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save all emails as notes

Currently, we can manually choose to save the emails we send through the CRM or set up the templates to automatically check the box to save. Can we look at adding a preference where every single email we send through the CRM automatically has the "Save As Note" box checked? Thanks!

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Email  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Last Client Contact Report

Our company depends on constant communication with certain stakeholders in separate companies. Ensuring that we stay in communication with everyone can be difficult, because we have to check each individual contact in Redtail to see the last time we reached out to them. We would greatly benefit from being able to pull reports on when each contact was communicated with last-- by meeting, phone call, and email. This would ensure that there is not oversight in our client management. To be honest, I am extremely surprised this isn't already integrated into Redtail. Thanks for the votes, it is very well…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base